Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset vs Lynn Camp 8/20 (Pioneer Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins?
Somerset will be breaking in a new offensive line but they have almost all their skill position players back and their defense should be even better than last season. I can't see Lynn Camp moving the ball. I'll take the Briar Jumpers 42-14.
I'll take Somerset by a couple of touchdown's. This is a good game for the Briar Jumpers to start off with.
I'm afraid Somerset will have to much speed for Lynn Camp, but, I will be rooting for the Campers. Good Luck to Lynn Camp!TongueirateSho
I predict a few early mistakes on the OL, may slow things down for the Jumpers until the 2nd quarter or so. In the end I think Somerset wins this one easily, something like 42-12.
i pick somerset 34-12 cause they have there skill kids back and a kid named trey slaughter and he was a beast last year
How is Somerset's overall trench speed this year.
Tica Wrote:How is Somerset's overall trench speed this year.

Trey Slaughter that played on the defensive line last season is also playing right tackle he's about 6'0" 220lbs. Taylor Speaks is the left tackle. He came in at right tackle on the 3rd series in the Finals and played PT's number 55 to a stalemate. He's about 6'3" 205 lbs which is about 25 lbs lighter than last year but he's faster and stronger. Both tackles will be able to pick up speed off the edge. Slaughter is one of the fastest players on the team.

The right guard will most likely be Jarred Price. He's about 6'0" 210 lbs. He's a very good baseball player as well and very athletic. The left looks to be Justin Perdue. He started at nose guard last season and will play go both ways this season. Perdue is about 5'10" 210 lbs.

The center will be either Joey Harris or Tyler Brummett. Harris is about 5'10" 190 lbs. Brummett is around 6'2" 230 lbs. Both are bigger than our center from last year. They are both mobile.

Justin Perdue's brother Jordan will split time with Slaughter and Senior Seth Lake will give the guards a rest.

Most of the new players saw quite a bit of time on defense last season and although PT won the game the Somerset defense very much contained the Blue Tornado's speed. This will be a smaller but much more athletic, quicker line.

Of course there are still 2 weeks left til the opener so some of those starters could change.
With the Jumpers' overall numbers and prospects, they should be able to avoid any linemen starting on both O and D.

Even if that means a few growing pains early in the season, a two-platoon line situation could really help them out come playoff time.
Somerset has to be favored, but I think LC has more speed than they are getting credit for. S'set will probably win, but it will be a much closer game than many think. This is usually a good game when the two hook up.
PT was mortally afraid of Somerset's size and knew they could not match up head to head. However, scouts first observed an offensive weakness in the Wayne County game and then in some situations in subsequent games and designed a defense around it. Not going to say what it was because we might have to meet your monster linemen again.
Somerset 35
Lynn Camp 13