Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wolfe County starting a football program?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is this true?
No
where would they put a football field?
i havent heard anything..
What size school is WC?
Why should they do this? You have established programs all around them. If a student really wanted to play competitive football they could attend any of these schools. They are way too small and I don't know that the funding would be there. Do they have a feeder program stated with young students? I'm all for a school trying to begin a new program, but does that school system have the required resources (money, field options, feeder program(s), community support ).
Blackwater Wrote:Why should they do this? You have established programs all around them. If a student really wanted to play competitive football they could attend any of these schools. They are way too small and I don't know that the funding would be there. Do they have a feeder program stated with young students? I'm all for a school trying to begin a new program, but does that school system have the required resources (money, field options, feeder program(s), community support ).

Wolfe County has 414 kids, 222 boys. They have a bigger boys enrollment than 39 schools that played football last year.
Seriously, Does Wolfe county have the resources to pull this off. Thirty-nine schools with boys that have played football in a feeder program. How may of those 222 have played football? You are talking a big commitment from a school district in a lot of ways (money, facilities, coaches) to have a program that may flop. Look at the numbers of players that some schools have out right now in East Ky. I'm not just talking about single A schools either. A few barely have enough to play and they have had football for decades.