Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 NFL draft picks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what would be your top 5 draft pick?
Bush-USC
Lineart-USC
Drew-UCLA
Poluszny-PENN STATE
Michael Robinson-PENN STATE
bush
lineart
young
aj hawk
its up in the air for the fifth
"IBleedRed" Wrote:Bush-USC
Lineart-USC
Drew-UCLA
Poluszny-PENN STATE
Michael Robinson-PENN STATE
i aree with everything but young should be n there
Agree also young should be in there
"RodneyJRNewsome" Wrote:i aree with everything but young should be n there
is young coming out or staying
young is coming out, this is going to be like the year with ladanian tomlinson and micheal vick, its not easy to tell who has had more success

young should go number one
bush should go to the saints
leinart
Poluszny from penn state
and a.j. hawk should finish out the top five
Poluszny is a junior and tore 2 ligaments in the bowl game against Florida State. I'd hope that he would return for his senior season, but I may be wrong. This is how I think the draft will pan out, even though I don't agree with the decisions. I'll put what I'd do in ().

1. Texans - USC RB Reggie Bush (Trade down for a safe spot to take Virginia T D'Brickashaw Ferguson and in return get another great pick or player because the Bush stock is so high)
2. New Orleans - USC QB Matt Leinart (Agree)
3. Tennesee - Texas QB Vince Young (Agree)
4. Jets - NC State DE Mario Williams (The Jets need a lot. If Mario can reach his potential he'll be an incredible NFL player, I would look at Memphis RB DeAngelo Williams here)
5. Packers - OSU LB AJ Hawk (The Packers need a lot as well. AJ Hawk may be a mainstay for a currently underachieving LB group and over all defense. Making the transition of a new QB after Favre's departure, whether it be this year or next, will be very hard without a playmaking WR. I'd look at OSU WR Santonio Holmes here.)

Players on the outside that may squeeze into the top 5.
Virginia T D'Brickashaw Ferguson (potential to be perenial pro bowler)
Virginia Tech DB Jimmy Williams
Alabama LB Demeco Ryans (may be better than Hawk when he transitions to the NFL)
Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler (A Tennessee home boy. Possibly someone the Titans may trade down to get if they feel he would be as good as Young to get another player or pick in the draft)
I dont think that the saints wont pick Leinart cuase they already have Aaron Brooks
i mean will pick
This was the last year of Aaron Brook's contract, they benched him numerous times throughout the year and have already said he will not be resigned
"Tomcat68" Wrote:This was the last year of Aaron Brook's contract, they benched him numerous times throughout the year and have already said he will not be resigned

haslett was the one who said that and he is no longer there
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:haslett was the one who said that and he is no longer there

But normally player personel decisions are made by the GM and relayed through the head coach. Very rare do you see the team GM do a press conference. In some cases the Head Coach also has that power, but I don't think that was the case in New Orleans.
"Tomcat68" Wrote:Poluszny is a junior and tore 2 ligaments in the bowl game against Florida State. I'd hope that he would return for his senior season, but I may be wrong. This is how I think the draft will pan out, even though I don't agree with the decisions. I'll put what I'd do in ().

1. Texans - USC RB Reggie Bush (Trade down for a safe spot to take Virginia T D'Brickashaw Ferguson and in return get another great pick or player because the Bush stock is so high)
2. New Orleans - USC QB Matt Leinart (Agree)
3. Tennesee - Texas QB Vince Young (Agree)
4. Jets - NC State DE Mario Williams (The Jets need a lot. If Mario can reach his potential he'll be an incredible NFL player, I would look at Memphis RB DeAngelo Williams here)
5. Packers - OSU LB AJ Hawk (The Packers need a lot as well. AJ Hawk may be a mainstay for a currently underachieving LB group and over all defense. Making the transition of a new QB after Favre's departure, whether it be this year or next, will be very hard without a playmaking WR. I'd look at OSU WR Santonio Holmes here.)

:thumb: Williams is the best DL in the nation, if the top 3 weren't so good, he might have went higher. Look for the Packers to possibly take a QB, depending on if Farve has made his decision.
What about Lendale White?
"Cash" Wrote:What about Lendale White?

LenDale is a mid to late 1st rounder. Will probably be the 4th or 5th RB to come off the board.
Isn't he a Junior?
"Cash" Wrote:Isn't he a Junior?

Yes LenDale is a junior but he is expected to enter the draft as well
1. reggie bush
2. vince yonug
3. matt leinart
4. aj hawk
5. jay cutler
i agree swat aj hawk is a awesome player and will do very good in the nfl
bush
lienart
young