Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report : Lance Berkman To The New York Yankees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The New York Yankees have a deal in place for Astros first baseman Lance Berkman, according to a report out of Houston.

The Fox affiliate in Houston reported that only Berkman's OK was needed for a trade to go through because he has a no-trade clause. Yahoo Sports reported later Friday that Berkman had waived the clause.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/n...id=5424350
Here goes a bunch of minor league stars...and I'm assuming Lance will play DH.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Here goes a bunch of minor league stars...and I'm assuming Lance will play DH.

i'm assuming the same thing.
Good for the Astros to free up a player like this!! FULL REBUILDING MODE FOR THEM!
Lance is a good pickup for anyone...
but I don't really see the need.
zaga_fan Wrote:Lance is a good pickup for anyone...
but I don't really see the need.

I was thinking the same thing. With Tex, the only thing that Lance brings to 1b is rest for Mark. Lance would be a great bat off the bench, which is something the Yankees could use, but why would Lance want that role?
Stardust Wrote:I was thinking the same thing. With Tex, the only thing that Lance brings to 1b is rest for Mark. Lance would be a great bat off the bench, which is something the Yankees could use, but why would Lance want that role?

No idea...
The Yankees are a great team this year and are contending for a title, but I don't see why a guy would waive his no trade clause to be a DH.
zaga_fan Wrote:No idea...
The Yankees are a great team this year and are contending for a title, but I don't see why a guy would waive his no trade clause to be a DH.

To win a ring.:Thumbs:
dblg11 Wrote:To win a ring.:Thumbs:

I know what you're saying, man. I'm a Yankee fan too.
However, if I was Lance I wouldn't agree to this.