Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ray Correll Bowl @ Somerset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 27 at the Briarpatch (Somerset)

3A Somerset vs 5A Southwestern (Crosstown Rivals)
5A Pulaski vs 5A Harlan County (Possible playoff preview)

Who wins and why?
I think Somerset is coming in too strong for SW this year. I'm taking the Jumpers, something like 35-17. Don't really know much about Harlan Co. so I just took PC knowing what they have coming back.
Somerset and Pulaski Co. should be favorites based on returning players but if Harlen Co. and Southwestern can play ball control and finish drives with scores they might be some upsets... But they will have to keep Somerset's and P.C.'s potent offenses on the sidelines... Early season games are just really hard to call... Will the other teams besides SW be playing in week 0... Or will it be the opener for PC, HC, and Somerset??
While I think both games will be very good I look for Somerset and Pulaski to win.

Pulaski returns a ton of experience and skill from last years team. I have a lot of respect for Coach L and Harlan County and they could easily win this game, but I think Pulaski will come out of the gate quicker this season and should win this game. Pulaski is crazy fast at some of their skill positions and this gives them an edge. Eastham may be the most underrated QB in this part of the state, look for his stats to be off the charts by the end of the year.

Southwestern is always a very strong, physical team. They come out and hit you in the mouth and try to impart their will in the other team. Somerset returns a lot from last years team but does have several holes to fill from last year. The reason I'm picking Somerset is well as my name implies I am a Jumper Dad and can't pick against my boys.
I'm picking the Bears over Pulaski of course. I think a lot of people will be surprised by our team this year. We've got speed and size, and the boys are raring to go.

As far as the other game, I don't know much about Somerset, but they usually have a strong team. We played SW twice last year, so I kinda know a little about them. I am picking Somerset to beat SW.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I'm picking the Bears over Pulaski of course. I think a lot of people will be surprised by our team this year. We've got speed and size, and the boys are raring to go.

As far as the other game, I don't know much about Somerset, but they usually have a strong team. We played SW twice last year, so I kinda know a little about them. I am picking Somerset to beat SW.

Boy you sure aren't giving the Warriors much credit huh?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Boy you sure aren't giving the Warriors much credit huh?

I guess my post did read like that, but that isn't how I meant it. I was thinking Somerset was undefeated last year and got "upset" by Paducah (is that so), so they surely will be pretty good. I really have no clue who will win this game...had to pick somebody. No offense to SWP. :biggrin:
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I guess my post did read like that, but that isn't how I meant it. I was thinking Somerset was undefeated last year and got "upset" by Paducah (is that so), so they surely will be pretty good. I really have no clue who will win this game...had to pick somebody. No offense to SWP. :biggrin:

No offense taken. But please leave the Pulaski out of it.. :rockon: