Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Terrell Owens sign with Bengals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bengals sign Terrell Owens for the 2010-2011 season!
Bengals are going to be the one of the best offenses in the league!! But it has the great potential to become an absolute circus before it over.
Ha! Way to drink the Kool Aid, Cincy! T.O. will rip this team apart, just like he has done everybody else, and before its said and done, him and Chad 85 will be at each others throats before the year is out. Those two have unmatched egos and when one outshines or outdances the other, the other will pout and cry and blame Carson for not throwing the ball his way. This is the best thing to happen to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Baltimore. T.O. is a 37 year old, second tier reciever who constantly finishes in the top 5 in drops, yet manages to obliterate team chemistry wherever he goes. I cant wait to see him do it to Cincy. Poor Carson. Its bad enough he's had to tuck Chad in and read bedtime stories to him all these years, then they send away his best receiver (TJ), now he's got another one to babysit.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ha! Way to drink the Kool Aid, Cincy! T.O. will rip this team apart, just like he has done everybody else, and before its said and done, him and Chad 85 will be at each others throats before the year is out. Those two have unmatched egos and when one outshines or outdances the other, the other will pout and cry and blame Carson for not throwing the ball his way. This is the best thing to happen to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Baltimore. T.O. is a 37 year old, second tier reciever who constantly finishes in the top 5 in drops, yet manages to obliterate team chemistry wherever he goes. I cant wait to see him do it to Cincy. Poor Carson. Its bad enough he's had to tuck Chad in and read bedtime stories to him all these years, then they send away his best receiver (TJ), now he's got another one to babysit.

I am a Bengals fan but, I have to agree with you on this.
IMO, Carson has no more excuses. He had 2 pro bowl receivers in the past. He now has 3 better than average receivers with a TE that has potential to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. Couple that with a running attack and a very good defense, and I place the complete success or failure in Carson's arm. This is a guy that 3 years ago was being considered a top 3-5 QB in the league. Now they have him ranked 15-18, along with Matt Stafford who has never thrown an NFL pass. The excuse over the past few years is bad routes by the receivers or dropped passes. Let's see how it plays out this year.
Like many people who are Bengals fans have said, it is a really unique situation that ended up playing out for the Bengals. I have always been kind of discussed with the crap that T.O. does and the circus that he puts on in the spotlight. Him coming to the Bengals does not change that and for the most part Chad has been getting up to that point of just an absolute media hoarder along with all of the dumb things off the field. However for the benefit of my team, I hope that this sitaution can co-exist and be amazing and productive, pushing their character trait(flaws) that I hate and helping my team to a place they have not been since the 80s.
Bengals are already a dismal team. Owners couldn't get no one to come, why not give them a shot. If they do good all of you haters out there will eat your words.
Speaking as T.O being my hero i will agree hes done it plenty of times i just was hoping he would go down to Florida and play for the Miami Dolphins but i cant wait to see what he does to the Bengals...like someone said Palmer will have to babysit T.O and Ocho :1:
Looks like the Bengals have become a daycare center. I looking at their roster they need to babysit a lot of players. This offseason they have signed T.O., Matt Jones and Pacman Jones. They already have Chad85, Cedric Benson (who should be suspended a few games), and Tank Johnson. Didn't Larry Johnson play for the Bengals last year? I didn't see his name on the roster. It will be fun to see the first time something goes wrong. This is a combustable roster.
This babysitting and daycare centers that you Steelers fans are going on about is hilarious. Last time I checked, the Bengals smoked that *** last year without TO playing. TO will do nothing but help out Chad and Antonio.

Cedric was such a horrible pickup for Cincy too, rushing for over 1300 yards and that's with him sitting out 2 games with an injury. That's almost as good as that unstoppable rushing attack of the Steelers....pft. Benson almost had as many yards as Parker and Mendenhall combined last year.

Fact is, the Bengals still have the team to beat in the AFC North. Acquiring TO only helps them. Their only problem is at QB, which is what I felt the Bengals should have drafted this year since Carson Palmer is a pansy.
BCF4L Wrote:This babysitting and daycare centers that you Steelers fans are going on about is hilarious. Last time I checked, the Bengals smoked that *** last year without TO playing. TO will do nothing but help out Chad and Antonio.

Cedric was such a horrible pickup for Cincy too, rushing for over 1300 yards and that's with him sitting out 2 games with an injury. That's almost as good as that unstoppable rushing attack of the Steelers....pft. Benson almost had as many yards as Parker and Mendenhall combined last year.

Fact is, the Bengals still have the team to beat in the AFC North. Acquiring TO only helps them. Their only problem is at QB, which is what I felt the Bengals should have drafted this year since Carson Palmer is a pansy.

:Thumbs:I agree 100%, TO knows this might be his last chance. I believe we'll see a different Owens this time and he'll give it all hes got. Bengals have a really good chance to win the AFC wait the Titans are still in the AFC Big Grin. Nah TO only helps this time!
BCF4L Wrote:This babysitting and daycare centers that you Steelers fans are going on about is hilarious. Last time I checked, the Bengals smoked that *** last year without TO playing. TO will do nothing but help out Chad and Antonio.

Hope you enjoyed last year, because Im willing to make four bets with you.
First bet- Ill bet you $50 you dont sweep us this year to your $5.
Second bet- Ill bet you $50 you all dont win more than 8 games this year.
Third bet- Ill bet you $50 that you all dont finish higher than third in the division this year.
and the final bet, Ill bet you $50 that the Pittsburgh Steelers wins this division this year (like we do almost every year). Last year, just like 2005, was a fluke. This year will prove it. Like Ive said, TO is an over the hill, second tier receiver that does nothing but tear teams apart and lead the league in drops every year. Yeah, thats worth $2 million, lol..
Bet everyone 50 bucks this will be a very interesting season to watch in the AFC North!
GO BENGALS!!!
Please for the love of godness, no drama!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Hope you enjoyed last year, because Im willing to make four bets with you.
Third bet- Ill bet you $50 that you all dont finish higher than third in the division this year.
and the final bet, Ill bet you $50 that the Pittsburgh Steelers wins this division this year (like we do almost every year). Last year, just like 2005, was a fluke. This year will prove it. Like Ive said, TO is an over the hill, second tier receiver that does nothing but tear teams apart and lead the league in drops every year. Yeah, thats worth $2 million, lol..

Ill take all 4 bets. Escrow? Have a mod/someone we both trust hold the money in paypal?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Hope you enjoyed last year, because Im willing to make four bets with you.
First Bet, I wouldn't take. Pittsburgh is tough at Pitt. I will take the 2nd bet, 3rd bet, and 4th bet. Screw it, I will take all 4 that way you may be able to say you won one of the bets. :biggrin:
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Bet everyone 50 bucks this will be a very interesting season to watch in the AFC North!
GO BENGALS!!!
Please for the love of godness, no drama!

Wow did I really leave it as Godness?? Got pretty late last night.
Anyways, I am I firm believer that the Bengals will NOT sweep the Steelers this season, it is just way to hard to do that to a team like that. I think that the Ravens will even be a hard team to pick up a sweep against. the Bengals have their work cut out for them if they want to get back to the playoffs but I think that they have to sweep the Browns and hold a split with the other two teams to have a chance of over taking the lead. It will be a hard year to make it but they have the offensive and defensive horses to make a big time push.
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs:I agree 100%, TO knows this might be his last chance. I believe we'll see a different Owens this time and he'll give it all hes got. Bengals have a really good chance to win the AFC wait the Titans are still in the AFC Big Grin. Nah TO only helps this time!

Yes he will be giving it his all, but the reason he will be giving it his all is exactly the reason it concerns me that he will be the cancer that we all fear.

TO's contract has a $2M, which is a steal for the Bengals. But, and the "BUT" is what I fear. TO can make as much as $5M in incnetives that are based on what? Stats! Based on receptions, Yards, TDs, Pro-Bowl, even "AFC Player of the Week" awards. So, with that said, when this team hovers around .500 ball and TO is not getting touches, can anyone tell me that you are not going to hear him blow-up? Sorry, but all professional athletes play for the money. When TO's money is being jeopardized, you will see the same TO that we all expected!
BCF4L and csabo, your on..and no paypal crap. I got rid of my paypal four years ago..At the end of the season, Ill drive to Pikeville and the money can be exchanged then. Im a man of my word.
^ guys, just send the money to me, I'll hold everyone's cash. Trust me!
I think TO's story will be the same as last few years...
quiet numbers and quiet in the media until midway through the season
he won't get enough touches and he'll be mad
then they will lose in the playoffs and someone will say something about carson and he'll cry...
That's my Quarterback...sob sob....my quarterback....sniff
lol
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Poor Carson. Its bad enough he's had to tuck Chad in and read bedtime stories to him all these years, then they send away his best receiver (TJ), now he's got another one to babysit.

I admit I have some doubts about the whole thing, but don't feel sorry for Carson Palmer. It's not like the club forced T.O. on him, rather it was the other way around. According to most reports (and Carson himself), Owens impressed Palmer so much during some informal workouts out in California, that Carson personally lobbied Bengals management to sign him. So if Carson's on board with it, so am I.

Actually, this is the year to NOT feel sorry for Carson. In '08, I felt sorry for him when he was running for his life behind the worst O-line in the league. In '09, I felt sorry for him when the only good receiver he had was constantly double-teamed, due to the rest of the receiving corps being a complete crapfest.

But now, for the first time since letting Housh go, the Bengals should actually have multiple weapons for Palmer to throw to. In addition to Ochocinco, they now have two viable options for the #2 WR in Owens and Antonio Bryant. They drafted what looks to be a steal of a slot receiver in Jordan Shipley. Andre Caldwell, who was the team's second-best receiver last year, looks to be no more than #4 or 5 this year. And finally, with the drafting of Jermaine Gresham, the team finally has a pass-catching threat at TE for the first time in a loooooong time. So shed no tears for Carson this year. :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Yes he will be giving it his all, but the reason he will be giving it his all is exactly the reason it concerns me that he will be the cancer that we all fear.

TO's contract has a $2M, which is a steal for the Bengals. But, and the "BUT" is what I fear. TO can make as much as $5M in incnetives that are based on what? Stats! Based on receptions, Yards, TDs, Pro-Bowl, even "AFC Player of the Week" awards. So, with that said, when this team hovers around .500 ball and TO is not getting touches, can anyone tell me that you are not going to hear him blow-up? Sorry, but all professional athletes play for the money. When TO's money is being jeopardized, you will see the same TO that we all expected!

SD, I do think that the fact that T.O. accepted a contract for much less than what he could have gotten from a couple other teams tells me one of two things. Either (1) he really wants to play for a team with a chance to make the playoffs, or (2) he really wants to play with his best bud Ochocinco, or (3) a combination of both.

The contract doesn't bother me, I'm actually pretty happy with it. From what I read about the deal, it is a $2 million base salary, with up to $2 million more in incentives. Not a huge financial commitment, and if T.O. plays well enough to hit all those incentives, then I will be a happy person.

The other thing that doesn't concern me is the attitude. I think he knows he is 37 and maybe only has another year or two left to try to win a title. So I think his mind will be on football. Plus, I think it is obvious that Carson Palmer holds all the sway with the front office, so if T.O. acts up or calls out his QB, he's as good as gone.
More Cowbell Wrote:SD, I do think that the fact that T.O. accepted a contract for much less than what he could have gotten from a couple other teams tells me one of two things. Either (1) he really wants to play for a team with a chance to make the playoffs, or (2) he really wants to play with his best bud Ochocinco, or (3) a combination of both.

The contract doesn't bother me, I'm actually pretty happy with it. From what I read about the deal, it is a $2 million base salary, with up to $2 million more in incentives. Not a huge financial commitment, and if T.O. plays well enough to hit all those incentives, then I will be a happy person.

The other thing that doesn't concern me is the attitude. I think he knows he is 37 and maybe only has another year or two left to try to win a title. So I think his mind will be on football. Plus, I think it is obvious that Carson Palmer holds all the sway with the front office, so if T.O. acts up or calls out his QB, he's as good as gone.

TO is TO, I hope he plays great and is not the cancer that I fear, but hey, this guy could not even make it to his first press conference because he missed his flight.

Yeah, yeah, I know, it happens with professional athletes all the time. But this is a guy that we should expect to be different than from in the past? Chad was on the road 4 hours before he was supposed to be because he wanted to be at camp with who, TO. Where is TO, he is tardy his first day of work! Sorry, I'm tired of giving professional athletes excuses. He was late and made his team mates have to defend him. To me, why should we expect that TO knows this is his last hoora and will be different, when he has started off beeing the same as always!
More Cowbell Wrote:I admit I have some doubts about the whole thing, but don't feel sorry for Carson Palmer. It's not like the club forced T.O. on him, rather it was the other way around. According to most reports (and Carson himself), Owens impressed Palmer so much during some informal workouts out in California, that Carson personally lobbied Bengals management to sign him. So if Carson's on board with it, so am I.

Actually, this is the year to NOT feel sorry for Carson. In '08, I felt sorry for him when he was running for his life behind the worst O-line in the league. In '09, I felt sorry for him when the only good receiver he had was constantly double-teamed, due to the rest of the receiving corps being a complete crapfest.

But now, for the first time since letting Housh go, the Bengals should actually have multiple weapons for Palmer to throw to. In addition to Ochocinco, they now have two viable options for the #2 WR in Owens and Antonio Bryant. They drafted what looks to be a steal of a slot receiver in Jordan Shipley. Andre Caldwell, who was the team's second-best receiver last year, looks to be no more than #4 or 5 this year. And finally, with the drafting of Jermaine Gresham, the team finally has a pass-catching threat at TE for the first time in a loooooong time. So shed no tears for Carson this year. :biggrin:
I don't feel sorry for Carson either. If the Bengals fail this year, it will be because of Carson and not because of his supporting cast. Ever since he got hurt in 2005, he's been a pansy. Overthrows, underthrows, you name it, Carson has found ways to screw up, and all because of "his pwecious wittle knee". I mean what kind of puss has to hand off with one hand the entire season because of a thumb issue that didn't even require surgery when the season ended? Suck it up and be a man. I honestly feel it's time for a change at QB for the Bengals.
BCF4L Wrote:I don't feel sorry for Carson either. If the Bengals fail this year, it will be because of Carson and not because of his supporting cast. Ever since he got hurt in 2005, he's been a pansy. Overthrows, underthrows, you name it, Carson has found ways to screw up, and all because of "his pwecious wittle knee". I mean what kind of puss has to hand off with one hand the entire season because of a thumb issue that didn't even require surgery when the season ended? Suck it up and be a man. I honestly feel it's time for a change at QB for the Bengals.
I know you'll disagree with me here, but you know who I was afraid Cincy would sign? Derek Anderson. Say what you want about him, but give that guy THIS group of receivers, and he's a 4000 yard, 30-35 td/year quarterback who isnt afraid to run. I was hoping that Pittsburgh would sign him but he signed with Arizona, so at least he's out of the AFC, but wait and see, he will have a huge year before its said and done. I dont fault him at all for the disaster in Cleveland. Nobody could have succeeded there at QB with what theyve had to throw to the past couple of seasons.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I know you'll disagree with me here, but you know who I was afraid Cincy would sign? Derek Anderson. Say what you want about him, but give that guy THIS group of receivers, and he's a 4000 yard, 30-35 td/year quarterback who isnt afraid to run. I was hoping that Pittsburgh would sign him but he signed with Arizona, so at least he's out of the AFC, but wait and see, he will have a huge year before its said and done. I dont fault him at all for the disaster in Cleveland. Nobody could have succeeded there at QB with what theyve had to throw to the past couple of seasons.
Anderson had a great first year with Cleveland, especially considering what he had to work with as far as receivers. Cleveland has no talent at all on the offensive side of the ball, starting with their linemen. And we all know, with no linemen, you have no rush game and with no rush game, you have no passing game. Crap runs downhill.