Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: EKU 2010 Football Media Guide is now out!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will anyone be able to step in and fill in the shoes of Al Holland as QB?
MVP2 Wrote:Will anyone be able to step in and fill in the shoes of Al Holland as QB?

I think TJ Pryor will be much improved this year.
Charlie Banks will be a freshman after red shirting last year. Where will he play? I think he will do good on special teams but feel he has a great work ethics.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Charlie Banks will be a freshman after red shirting last year. Where will he play? I think he will do good on special teams but feel he has a great work ethics.

Charlie is currently recovering from shoulder surgery he had in May. Doctors have told him it may be up to six month rehab before he is able to play. If that is the case he may not see any action this year. However, the media guide says he will play special teams . . . not sure when this went to print though. He will be an asset when he is able to contribute.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Charlie is currently recovering from shoulder surgery he had in May. Doctors have told him it may be up to six month rehab before he is able to play. If that is the case he may not see any action this year. However, the media guide says he will play special teams . . . not sure when this went to print though. He will be an asset when he is able to contribute.

I wish Charlie well. He's a winner.
When exactly did he have surgery on his shoulder?
cougarpride08 Wrote:When exactly did he have surgery on his shoulder?

In mid May.
Sorry to hear that. If they win the OVC this year, will he get the ring or will it be just for active players?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Sorry to hear that. If they win the OVC this year, will he get the ring or will it be just for active players?

If I am not mistaken ALL players get rings when a championship is won.
cougarpride08 Wrote:sorry to hear that. If they win the ovc this year, will he get the ring or will it be just for active players?

he would not take one if not playing
Charlie Banks is a cool name.
Charlie is rehabbing right now. He has been at EKU for the past three weeks and is ahead of schedule as far as his proress. He had a S.L.A.P. tear in his left shoulder and had to have a tendon reattached. Prognosis is good for a full recovery.Should be good to go around Oct.
Wil he get a medical redshirt or will he play in October?
Charlie had a doctor visit this past Tuesday and was told that he is ahead of schedule. Doctor said he could possibly be released in Sept. if all continues to go well. he is running and doing aqua therapy and working in the weight room with some restrictions.
That is great news. Charlie is tough as nails, and hopefully will contribute to the team this year. He has a heck of a work ethic. If I had his work ethic, my doctor wouldn't be getting on to me every time I go to him. Good Luck Charlie, I hope EKU wins the OVC.
Practice is continuing and the Colonels are looking good! I can't wait for the season to start!