Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Source: Bulls prepared to add McGrady
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Bulls are prepared to sign Tracy McGrady if he proves to be sufficiently healthy in a workout Monday and can convince the team he is willing to accept a bench role, one source familiar with Chicago's thinking said Sunday.

"Nothing is done until it's done, but I expect the Bulls to sign McGrady later this week," the source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5408617
good pick up
There's a lot of talk about the Heat this offseason, but I'm pretty high on the Bulls.
This is their starting 5

PG Derrick Rose
SG Kyle Corver
SF Luol Deng
PF Carlos Boozer
C Joakim Noah

You know you're good when you offer T-Mac a spot on the bench lol
zaga_fan Wrote:There's a lot of talk about the Heat this offseason, but I'm pretty high on the Bulls.
This is their starting 5

PG Derrick Rose
SG Kyle Corver
SF Luol Deng
PF Carlos Boozer
C Joakim Noah

You know you're good when you offer T-Mac a spot on the bench lol

Not so much... he's getting offered teh bench because they don't know how healthy he is.. Question for you zaga, when is the last time he had 20 points in a game?
Ballers Wrote:Not so much... he's getting offered teh bench because they don't know how healthy he is.. Question for you zaga, when is the last time he had 20 points in a game?

I don't think he has averaged 20 since Orlando, but hs is still capable of putting up 20 if healthy. My issue is, he has never been a guy who is too willing to share or make the 2nd pass. It will beinteresting to see how he fits with this group.
Ballers Wrote:Not so much... he's getting offered teh bench because they don't know how healthy he is.. Question for you zaga, when is the last time he had 20 points in a game?

I don't understand what you're getting at....
The bench is the bench, whether you are healthy or not.
If Lebron is injured and you "don't know how healthy he is", do you tell him he has to be willing to take a spot on the bench.
He's being offered the bench because he simply doesn't have the tools to be a starter on this team.

and for your question....
March 3rd.
He avgs 20+ for his career and is ALWAYS capable of dropping 20.
Stardust Wrote:I don't think he has averaged 20 since Orlando, but hs is still capable of putting up 20 if healthy. My issue is, he has never been a guy who is too willing to share or make the 2nd pass. It will beinteresting to see how he fits with this group.

He's always been the go-to guy in his offense.
I think they can give him his shots with the second team though.
There is probably a few lineups they can run that would allow him to be the focal point, but if they want to win the offense needs to go through Boozer.

I could see him hurting more than helping if he isn't comfortable getting less that 10 shots a game.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't understand what you're getting at....
The bench is the bench, whether you are healthy or not.
If Lebron is injured and you "don't know how healthy he is", do you tell him he has to be willing to take a spot on the bench.
He's being offered the bench because he simply doesn't have the tools to be a starter on this team.

and for your question....
March 3rd.
He avgs 20+ for his career and is ALWAYS capable of dropping 20.

Either way, his game is rusty and he's not the same player he used to be.. Getting T-Mac isn't that great of an accomplishment. ****, I'd say OKC or New Jersey coulda put out a few extra bucks and got him. I put him on about the same level as Iverson or any of the old vets.., all doing better than T-Mac is currently.
the Bulls Will See How Healthy he is today. Tracy was the one who brought up the Bench part, not the bulls. We Know Tracy Isn't Going To The Clippers Because They Used Up There Last Spot With Rasual Butler. i'm pretty sure the bulls are the only other team left but i could be wrong though
DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Following his workout with the Bulls on Monday, free-agent guard/forward Tracy McGrady said his first choice would be to sign with Chicago.

"This was a great team, a pretty good team, without adding myself and Carlos Boozer, and some of the key players that they added this offseason," said McGrady, who worked out for the Los Angeles Clippers last week. "You bring a coach in like [Tom] Thibodeau, who's very defensive minded, very smart and knows the game, knows what to get out of his players.

"I think we can be really good, I really do."

McGrady, who also has expressed interest in joining Miami as a bench player in support of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, said he wouldn't mind joining the Bulls in a reserve role, but his preference would be to start.

He also said he hasn't yet talked about a contract with the Bulls, but that was expected to take place at lunch Monday. McGrady is represented by Arn Tellem, who enjoys a very strong relationship with Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5410853
Strikeout King Wrote:the Bulls Will See How Healthy he is today. Tracy was the one who brought up the Bench part, not the bulls. We Know Tracy Isn't Going To The Clippers Because They Used Up There Last Spot With Rasual Butler. i'm pretty sure the bulls are the only other team left but i could be wrong though

I would give the clips a SLIM chance at it.
There is always the possibility of sending someone down to the D-League for a while and letting Mcgrady have their spot.
I don't see it happening, but that's the only way that it could.
The Lakers did that with Farmar a few years ago when they signed Turiaf after he was cleared from his heart condition.
zaga_fan Wrote:I would give the clips a SLIM chance at it.
There is always the possibility of sending someone down to the D-League for a while and letting Mcgrady have their spot.
I don't see it happening, but that's the only way that it could.
The Lakers did that with Farmar a few years ago when they signed Turiaf after he was cleared from his heart condition.

yea i guess it could happen
Strikeout King Wrote:DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Following his workout with the Bulls on Monday, free-agent guard/forward Tracy McGrady said his first choice would be to sign with Chicago.

"This was a great team, a pretty good team, without adding myself and Carlos Boozer, and some of the key players that they added this offseason," said McGrady, who worked out for the Los Angeles Clippers last week. "You bring a coach in like [Tom] Thibodeau, who's very defensive minded, very smart and knows the game, knows what to get out of his players.

"I think we can be really good, I really do."

McGrady, who also has expressed interest in joining Miami as a bench player in support of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, said he wouldn't mind joining the Bulls in a reserve role, but his preference would be to start.

He also said he hasn't yet talked about a contract with the Bulls, but that was expected to take place at lunch Monday. McGrady is represented by Arn Tellem, who enjoys a very strong relationship with Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5410853

LOL... He would want to go to the Heat... Who wouldn't?
Ballers Wrote:LOL... He would want to go to the Heat... Who wouldn't?

Kobe.
T-Mac was awesome in his day. (Thats where my name came from). But he is still a good player, not great, but good and he is a good addition to any team. I would take him in LA along with the other "old" guys u speak of. Iverson, Shaq, T-Mac, along with Kobe Gasol Bynum and Odom lol what an insane team lol. But in all seriousness T-Mac is still capable of contributing and I am starting to like this bulls team if they add him. He is also another 3-point shooter they need.
K_Mac Wrote:Kobe.

Kobe definitely wouldn't want to play for the Heat.
He's got a 3 peat coming in LA and I really don't think D-Wade and Lebron would be happy being the 2nd and 3rd scoring option.
zaga_fan Wrote:Kobe definitely wouldn't want to play for the Heat.
He's got a 3 peat coming in LA and I really don't think D-Wade and Lebron would be happy being the 2nd and 3rd scoring option.

Please, Like they want him in Miami.. They have all they need.. Lakers 3 peat? I doubt it.. Zaga, you've been throwing crap around just to get under my skin so I'm gonna tell you how it is.. I'm glad the team in Chicago is forming.. Just another team to knock Kobe off of his high horse.. And there will be no 3 peat, unless you are referring to the 3 peat of 2011, 2012, and 2013 which will be the Heat's 3 peat. :Thumbs:

You heard it here first Wink

On another note, by the time the war is over, the dust settles, and Kobe retires.. Lebron will surpass him in all stats. That's just how it's going to be.. The sooner the Kobe/L.A. fans realize it, the better.
I'm not ready to write off T-Mac just yet. If he can come off the bench and get 10-15 points a night the Bulls will be a very tough out.
Ballers Wrote:Please, Like they want him in Miami.. They have all they need.. Lakers 3 peat? I doubt it.. Zaga, you've been throwing crap around just to get under my skin so I'm gonna tell you how it is.. I'm glad the team in Chicago is forming.. Just another team to knock Kobe off of his high horse.. And there will be no 3 peat, unless you are referring to the 3 peat of 2011, 2012, and 2013 which will be the Heat's 3 peat. :Thumbs:

On another note, by the time the war is over, the dust settles, and Kobe retires.. Lebron will surpass him in all stats. That's just how it's going to be.. The sooner the Kobe/L.A. fans realize it, the better.

I must respectfully disagree friend.
K_Mac Wrote:I must respectfully disagree friend.

Well K Mac, I'm gonna show you the same respect and say thank you.. Most ppl on here would start bashing Lebron and who he is and you didn't.. And I thank you for that mate.
Ballers Wrote:Please, Like they want him in Miami.. They have all they need.. Lakers 3 peat? I doubt it.. Zaga, you've been throwing crap around just to get under my skin so I'm gonna tell you how it is.. I'm glad the team in Chicago is forming.. Just another team to knock Kobe off of his high horse.. And there will be no 3 peat, unless you are referring to the 3 peat of 2011, 2012, and 2013 which will be the Heat's 3 peat. :Thumbs:

I've got better stuff to do than get under your skin.
We just don't agree on anything and you think you're right about everything you say and absolutely no one on here thinks anything you say is credible.
The Heat have a lot of talent but they haven't played a freaking game yet.
They've proved nothing and you say they're getting a 3 peat?!?!?!
Kobe's had one 3 peat and he's one championship away from another one, and I think that's going to be against the Bulls next year.
zaga_fan Wrote:I've got better stuff to do than get under your skin.
We just don't agree on anything and you think you're right about everything you say and absolutely no one on here thinks anything you say is credible.
The Heat have a lot of talent but they haven't played a freaking game yet.
They've proved nothing and you say they're getting a 3 peat?!?!?!
Kobe's had one 3 peat and he's one championship away from another one, and I think that's going to be against the Bulls next year.

Well that's your opinion.. Kinda like when you picked Perry Central to win region and I rode the Knott Co. band wagon all the way there.. I guess my predictions there wasn't credibile either. :Thumbs:

I agree to disgaree that LA is getting their 3rd title in a row in 3 years.. And Kobe has had his day, and will be very lucky to get another ring anytime soon.

As for the team itself proving nothing.. OK... Well, we will just say the players on the team have proved enough. But we will wait til the season starts. I'll let you ride that front-runner wagon all you want.. I'll let the East do the rest of my talking come game time.
Ballers Wrote:Well that's your opinion.. Kinda like when you picked Perry Central to win region and I rode the Knott Co. band wagon all the way there.. I guess my predictions there wasn't credibile either. :Thumbs:

I agree to disgaree that LA is getting their 3rd title in 3 years. :biggrin:

Please keep all posts on topicTongueirateSho
Back to the topic... T-Mac may do a good job.. IMO won't put up maybe 8-10 points a game with limited PT. I don't look for him to contribute a whole lot but I will give him credit and say he will be an "alright" role player for Chicago.
zaga_fan Wrote:Please keep all posts on topicTongueirateSho

Dude really.. just shut up.
Any new news about Tracy McGrady?
Have the Bulls offered?
it looks like T-Mac is out!

The Bulls Are Looking At 3 Guards. Eddie House, Keith Bogans, Roger Mason and Maybe Rudy Fernandez

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5415275
Strikeout King Wrote:it looks like T-Mac is out!

The Bulls Are Looking At 3 Guards. Eddie House, Keith Bogans, Roger Mason and Maybe Rudy Fernandez

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5415275

Roger Mason and Eddie House, either way your getting a good 3 point threat. I would go with Mason. Believe he is a few years younger than House... May be able to contribute more as well.
Ballers Wrote:Roger Mason and Eddie House, either way your getting a good 3 point threat. I would go with Mason. Believe he is a few years younger than House... May be able to contribute more as well.

there also talking about Acquiring Rudy Fernandez from Portland as he is unhappy with his playing time behind Brandon Roy
Strikeout King Wrote:there also talking about Acquiring Rudy Fernandez from Portland as he is unhappy with his playing time behind Brandon Roy

and Rudy is also a good player.. Can't speak a word of English hardly, but still a good player.
Pages: 1 2