Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard/Belfry 7 on 7 - Any Updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone catch any of the action the other day? How was it?
Any of the Belfry fans or Hazard fans know anything on this?
I haven't heard anything about it.
Hazard does have 2 pre-season scrimmages...one against Belfry.....

Aug 13 @ Belfry
Aug 20 Rockcastle Co
WYMT has highlights from the July 23rd 11 PM epidsode.
Panther Thunder Wrote:WYMT has highlights from the July 23rd 11 PM epidsode.

thanks, The belfry Qb has a cannon. they may pass a little more this year possibly. Jon Combs looked pretty good as well even though it was a 1 highlight a piece.
It also mentioned how David Jones is now on the Belfry staff.
bac2369 Wrote:thanks, The belfry Qb has a cannon. they may pass a little more this year possibly. Jon Combs looked pretty good as well even though it was a 1 highlight a piece.

The kid in the video is Sani Warren. He is only a Freshman and has a TON of upside. Tyler Williams started at QB for Belfry last year and will probably stay as the starting QB, but Warren is definitely a kid to keep your eyes on in the coming years as well as Belfry's upcoming HB's. The Pirates have potential State Championship talent in their underclassmen right now, they just have to learn the system and mature physically. When this years Soph's and Fresh are Sr's and Jr's, Belfry will be very tough to beat in 3A IMO.
Panther Thunder Wrote:WYMT has highlights from the July 23rd 11 PM epidsode.

where was it at i couldnt find it...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The kid in the video is Sani Warren. He is only a Freshman and has a TON of upside. Tyler Williams started at QB for Belfry last year and will probably stay as the starting QB, but Warren is definitely a kid to keep your eyes on in the coming years as well as Belfry's upcoming HB's. The Pirates have potential State Championship talent in their underclassmen right now, they just have to learn the system and mature physically. When this years Soph's and Fresh are Sr's and Jr's, Belfry will be very tough to beat in 3A IMO.

I have heard from a very reliable source that Sani is taking snaps with the first team ahead of Tyler.
^ If that is so, then hopefully Wiliams finds another place at WR, TE, or some other spot. The kid is a good looking athlete. Williams did play in the secondary last year did he not? I would assueme he will start in the defensive backfield again even if he doesn't run the offense.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I have heard from a very reliable source that Sani is taking snaps with the first team ahead of Tyler.

have to see it to believe it but u never know..
I have been checking in on WYMT's website in hopes for some previews or discussion about high school football. Sure enough there was a brief clip the other night of Belfry's practice. Haywood did mention the passing game and mentioned the "talented 9th grader" or something to that effect. He did mention Williams first however.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I am all for playing the best player for the position at the moment. I think that will be Williams, but if its not, its great to know that he is a good athlete who could certainly contribute at another position.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I have been checking in on WYMT's website in hopes for some previews or discussion about high school football. Sure enough there was a brief clip the other night of Belfry's practice. Haywood did mention the passing game and mentioned the "talented 9th grader" or something to that effect. He did mention Williams first however.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I am all for playing the best player for the position at the moment. I think that will be Williams, but if its not, its great to know that he is a good athlete who could certainly contribute at another position.

Good competition only makes both guys play to their full potential!