Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Toughest schedule in the Mountains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was going over JC schedule, and they still have the killer B's on there schedule now add proven Sheldon Clark team and a tough Ashland team,WOW! I am wondering if any one has a tougher schedule. Lets hear your argument for the toughest schedule.
My Pirates face 5A powerhouses JC, and Ashland, and if you want to consider Letcher Central. Plus our two district rivals Pike Central & the Sheldon Clark Cardinals. P-Burg is no pushover, and I don't know about Whitley.
Belfry plays 4 5-A schools on their schedule.... along with the P-burg, S. Clark, Pikeville, ER, ......

Hazard is their scrimmage again this year @ Belfry and they play Covington Holy Cross in the PCB....
Belfry0304 Wrote:My Pirates face 5A powerhouses JC, and Ashland, and if you want to consider Letcher Central. Plus our two district rivals Pike Central & the Sheldon Clark Cardinals. P-Burg is no pushover, and I don't know about Whitley.

I agree they may have the toughest schedule.. But I would hardly call Ashland a powerhouse...
Thats a very harsh schedule dude! You bet your socks ill consider Letcher Central. The Pirates will either be tougher than nails come post season or completley dismantled from punishment. Looks like you will face every situation any team in the playoffs can throw at you. JC's running game, LCC's pass attack and a gauntlet of defensive schemes. Nice thread.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I agree they may have the toughest schedule.. But I would hardly call Ashland a powerhouse...

Not so much a powerhouse but consistently good wouldn't you agree?
SC plays one of the touger schedules in the mountains as they open with a good M. L. Collins team and then Breathitt County both on the road and the play host to Frankfort then Johnson Central, Lawrence County, go to P' Burg and also play Belfry and Pike Central in district. Nothing soft about that slate.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Not so much a powerhouse but consistently good wouldn't you agree?

Yes sir. I would agree with that.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Yes sir. I would agree with that.

Congrats bro, you're the first person I've ever reached a compromise with on BGR. Ever.TongueirateSho
[quote=Belfry0304]Congrats bro, you're the first person I've ever reached a compromise with on BGR. Ever.TongueirateSho[/QUOTt

LOL.. You don't have to compromise with me on here... I'll get ya at tailgates on Friday nights or during the games... LOLOL... Smile
I just went over the schadules on the KHSAA and Johnson Central and Belfry
has the toughest schsdules on this end of the mountains so this should make them
much better at the end two good teams.
Can someone please post a link to the schedule area of KHSAA...I always have a hard time finding it, then i get ****ed and say screw it.
vundy33 Wrote:Can someone please post a link to the schedule area of KHSAA...I always have a hard time finding it, then i get ****ed and say screw it.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb10
Motashakkra.
Johnson Central hands down just my IMO. However i also think JC has the strongest team they have had in the Matney era. Look for them to make a good run at the Bluebirds this year.
i think JC has a slightly tougher schedule than belfry. JC plays bell and boyle those 2 teams will not be easy. they both play ashland and sheldon clark so that is a wash. i dont see belfry playing anyone as tough as boyle and bell on the rest of their schedule.
johnnyt Wrote:i think JC has a slightly tougher schedule than belfry. JC plays bell and boyle those 2 teams will not be easy. they both play ashland and sheldon clark so that is a wash. i dont see belfry playing anyone as tough as boyle and bell on the rest of their schedule.

Does Belfry still play Ironton, OH? Historically, that is a VERY solid program, comparable (if not superior) to Bell and Boyle.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Does Belfry still play Ironton, OH? Historically, that is a VERY solid program, comparable (if not superior) to Bell and Boyle.

Belfry does not play Ironton this year.
Who is Letcher Central going to scrimmage this year?
Down and Out Wrote:SC plays one of the touger schedules in the mountains as they open with a good M. L. Collins team and then Breathitt County both on the road and the play host to Frankfort then Johnson Central, Lawrence County, go to P' Burg and also play Belfry and Pike Central in district. Nothing soft about that slate.

I wholeheartedly agree, SC has an extremely formidable schedule for the 2010 season. One would hope that this schedule will prepare them for the district and the play-offs.

Based upon what I've heard, I think they have a good shot at going deep in the play-offs. But as we all know, we won't know until then, for the games are won and lost on the field.