Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Cards return the bulk of the state runner up team from a year ago. 7 on offense and 7 on defense if I am not mistaken but the loss of their 3 best players from a year ago leave some big shoes to fill. The offense and defensive lines are mostly intact from a year ago and they were very good then and they return arguably the best QB in school history along with a pair of wideouts that had huge seasons last year. The backfield will, as usual, be deep making Cardinal offense look like it should be very good and very balanced being equally dangerous on the ground and in the air. Last season the Cards racked up the most passing yards in school history. Defensively the Cards will be led by the super sophmore Jackson at LB who made all state honors as a freshman. The defensive line and secondary looks to also be very good. The kicker is also back and is very good. He is great on PATS and demonstrated a strong leg last year with several field goals at 40+. I expect a big year out of the Birds from the west. What do you all think about the Cards chances?
Sounds like the Cards are ready.
Ttt...
Not that any of you mountainous people seem to give a rip based on the lack of interest in this thread but Mayfield had a simulated game scrimmage tonight against TN 3A runner up from last year (and runner up in 2008) Milan. The Cards won the varisty portion of the scrimmage 35-14. The JV scrimmage saw the Cardinals fall 13-6. Man this is going to be a very special Mayfield team this year, 1A look out!