Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Camp Feltner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What teams are going to Camp Feltner starting July 30th?
Those teams going better keep a good eye out, since all they do there is scrimmage each other. Teams are just allowed two scrimmages and scrimmaging everyday there (which they do) is against the KHSAA rules. Better have some look outs.....
Phoenix Panther Wrote:What teams are going to Camp Feltner starting July 30th?

Where's this camp located?
Camp Feltner is a 4H camp in London, Ky. I believe it is called Levi Jackson state park.
Greenup County will be in attendance.
I think bell is going to be there
I hear Powell is going
Greenup, Powell and perhaps a third team should pool their resources and scrimmage Bell.
Bell will not be at camp on the July the 30th. That will be Knox and others.
Feltner sure isn't the same without scrimmaging all hours of the day, for a week. Something I would like to call, boring. I mean, it makes sense though, basketball can play 568 games in the month of June, and we get two before the real season starts.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Feltner sure isn't the same without scrimmaging all hours of the day, for a week. Something I would like to call, boring. I mean, it makes sense though, basketball can play 568 games in the month of June, and we get two before the real season starts.
I feel the same way. Baseball has fall ball, spring ball, etc. Basketball and Baseball play year round and football cant do anything.
GC will be there on August 4th I believe along with Bell, Lincoln, Shelby Valley and a few others.
Hopefully things will change in the near future, I agree that it really unfair the difference that is made between the other sports.
I agree with you guys. I think football has made some in roads in the stae. But it is also not right for football schools to go to these team camps and scrimmage everyday. That is against KHSAA rules. Yet every year many are doing it and nothing is being done about. Some teams actually end up getting 5 or 6 scimmages before the season, where as the schools that follow the rules just get two. So that is not a level playing field.
It should not be left up to the KHSAA to try and level the so called playing field. That should be on the coach to make these things happen. I agree a rule is a rule but its a dumb one.
There is a rule limitations of season; two scrimmages. Basketball has limits during season on preseason scrimmages. Football can play as many 7 on 7 games they want in July, up to the first pad practice. I am not talking about summer games, etc.....
I am talking about teams scrimmaging everyday at these camps, it is against the rules. It happens every year. The coaches doing it are taking a huge risk. I wish football could have more scrimmages (preseason).
serious? Wrote:There is a rule limitations of season; two scrimmages. Basketball has limits during season on preseason scrimmages. Football can play as many 7 on 7 games they want in July, up to the first pad practice. I am not talking about summer games, etc.....
I am talking about teams scrimmaging everyday at these camps, it is against the rules. It happens every year. The coaches doing it are taking a huge risk. I wish football could have more scrimmages (preseason).

Serious, Just what is your defenition of a scrimage? I go and watch football teams at camp and all I have ever seen would maybe a scrimage and the end. Two teams practicing together is not what i concider a scrimage. My definition of a scrimage would be for example the gridorama. They have officials and the clock is running. Two teams running there offense and defense against each other right in the same spot of the field each time is NOT an official scrimmage.
serious? Wrote:There is a rule limitations of season; two scrimmages. Basketball has limits during season on preseason scrimmages. Football can play as many 7 on 7 games they want in July, up to the first pad practice. I am not talking about summer games, etc.....
How do you know this is true? Have you been to Feltner with any of these teams? GC, Bell, SV, etc? You cant make a broad accusation that includes every team that goes to Feltner just because thats what you heard.
I know what goes on there. Yes i have been there and I have been to JA-Bezz (not sure speliing) and other places. So can you tell me that it does not go on?? I am not blaming those teams for going. They go get great work against other teams. What I am saying is it is against the rules, but the rule is not at all enforced by the KHSSA. That is why so many do it. I wish there was some way to do sometning like this legally. Again not pointing fingers and not even blaming those for going, but we all know what goes on there.
This is the first part of the definition of a scrimmage found in the KHSAA web site.
A scrimmage is a semi-organized opportunity to participate in a sport in game conditions
prior to the opening contest of the season.

It is a little open ended.
The old rule was anytime you went against another team after July 15th counted as a scrimmage. That included team, 7 on 7, 1 on 1; all were counted as a scrimmage. With the new rule this year; June for BB and July for FB, you can do 7 on 7 up to the first day you go in pads; anything after that first day of pads is counted as a scrimmage - 7 on 7, team, 1 on 1, etc....
this is from kHSSA handbook:

b) After contact practice (practice in pads) has begun, there shall
be no more than two (2) scrimmages or practice games per
member school (grades 9-12) after contact practice has begun
and prior to the opening varsity game of the season with players
other than members of the squad.
c) The fi rst game shall not take place prior to the Friday of NFHS
I was just wondering what teams were going. I didn't want "Serious" making up accusations against every team that decides to go to camp.

Stay within topic Serious...or don't post...
Freedom of speech.

The truth is the truth.
Phoenix Panther Wrote:I was just wondering what teams were going. I didn't want "Serious" making up accusations against every team that decides to go to camp.

Stay within topic Serious...or don't post...

You should not have opened the can of worms.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:You should not have opened the can of worms.

You are allowed to scrimmage at football camp and count it as one of your scrimmages. You can scrimmage every team there within a 3 hour period. Maybe Serious has opened up a can of worms that he knows nothing about.
HAT51 Wrote:You are allowed to scrimmage at football camp and count it as one of your scrimmages. You can scrimmage every team there within a 3 hour period. Maybe Serious has opened up a can of worms that he knows nothing about.

As I read the Case Situation interpreting By Law 25, you are correct. If you want to scrimmage three different teams in the 3 hour scrimmage block, you can do so. But if I was a coach, I'd check with the KHSAA and make sure before I did it (which I assume the respective coaches have already done).
Hat51, believe me I do know what I am talking about. Charlie is correct about mulitple teams for a 3 hour window. But, doing that on multiple days (if more than 2 days) is not. Any more than 2 scrimmages is not allowed. So if these teams scrimmage each day they are there, then this would be to many scrimmages outlined by the limitations of seasons as defined by the KHSAA handbook.
serious? Wrote:Hat51, believe me I do know what I am talking about. Charlie is correct about mulitple teams for a 3 hour window. But, doing that on multiple days (if more than 2 days) is not. Any more than 2 scrimmages is not allowed. So if these teams scrimmage each day they are there, then this would be to many scrimmages outlined by the limitations of seasons as defined by the KHSAA handbook.

Why don't you go around the camps and report all the scrimmages to KHSAA?
charlie22 Wrote:As I read the Case Situation interpreting By Law 25, you are correct. If you want to scrimmage three different teams in the 3 hour scrimmage block, you can do so. But if I was a coach, I'd check with the KHSAA and make sure before I did it (which I assume the respective coaches have already done).

I am sure they have too.
Shelby Valley and Bell Co. will be there
Pages: 1 2