Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry County Head Coach hired yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone have any information on the head coaching vacancy at Henry County? have they filled the spot yet?
Yes, Lyndon Johnson
Can you tell us a little about him?
Bub Lewis Wrote:Can you tell us a little about him?

Lyndon graduated from HC in 1981. Lyndon coached the Middle School for 2 years and then became an assistant coach at the High School level for 2 years.
A demanding but Players coach, that relates well to players, parnets and adminstration. I will say that motivation and organization is his best qualities.
Players that work hard and do the right thing off the field seem to relate to him in very positive way.
we played Henry in 2001, and there was a Coach Johnson that was one of the Henry coaches then,not sure if lyndon johnson was assistant or head at the time. is lyndon johnson not the same guy as in 2001? Henry has made an uprise in class 3A since the new alignment..hope this is indeed a good hire for HC and continued success of the program
Gocolts13 Wrote:we played Henry in 2001, and there was a Coach Johnson that was one of the Henry coaches then,not sure if lyndon johnson was assistant or head at the time. is lyndon johnson not the same guy as in 2001? Henry has made an uprise in class 3A since the new alignment..hope this is indeed a good hire for HC and continued success of the program

No that was his brother, Mark Johnson, who is now a grade school principal in Henry County
So they hired a guy with 4 years experience? 2 at the middle school level and 2 at the varsity level?
very good point Jackson05..that is why I was trying to clarify who they hired and get info on his credentials.. No head coaching experience?? and just 2 years at a middle school?? im quite confused on the administrations decision/ reason for the hire. Any explanations for this and who is the athletic director of henry?
Jackson05 Wrote:So they hired a guy with 4 years experience? 2 at the middle school level and 2 at the varsity level?

I understand your point, but the adminstrators had no teaching positions open with such a short notice they had their hands tied.
I believe that Johnson will do a good job, the players, assistant coaches and Football Family in Henry County appeat to be very happy with the decision.
Tough on new coach this late in the year. Best of luck to HC.
ok i understand the situation now old henry man, that would be a sticky situation for any program to be in. unfortunate that Ray Graham left Henry for LCA so close to the start of the season, he is a outstanding coach and had the ability to succeed at Henry it seems. What is the Henry County community thoughts/opinions on the Graham departure? In my personal opinion,there are 2 sides: if I was a Henry football supporter, player or asst. coach, I would feel betrayed, but on the other hand, it is rather tough to blame Ray for leaving Henry for LCA. Graham said in the lexington herald leader newspaper that LCA was his "dream job", and he got it. Hard to turn down an offer to be head coach at a private school when youre at a public. best wishes to both HC football and Ray Graham at LCA.
good for Henry... wasnt sure if the other guy you said (mark johnson) was going to be HC head coach again. When we played them in '01, we only ran 8 different offensive plays the entire game and won pretty handily..only 8 offensive plays we ran had their staff scratching their heads and looking like they were trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle. Seemed like they made little to no halftime adjustments because we ran the same 8 in the 2nd half. The Henry players were very classy and had a serious approach to the game, however, after the game I saw the henry staff laughing with each other, and used it as an example to 2 of my young assistants of what NOT to do after a loss...happy for henry on the new hire, and anxious to see how Coach Lyndon Johnson's Cats come out this season.
Gocolts13 Wrote:good for Henry... wasnt sure if the other guy you said (mark johnson) was going to be HC head coach again. When we played them in '01, we only ran 8 different offensive plays the entire game and won pretty handily..only 8 offensive plays we ran had their staff scratching their heads and looking like they were trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle. Seemed like they made little to no halftime adjustments because we ran the same 8 in the 2nd half. The Henry players were very classy and had a serious approach to the game, however, after the game I saw the henry staff laughing with each other, and used it as an example to 2 of my young assistants of what NOT to do after a loss...happy for henry on the new hire, and anxious to see how Coach Lyndon Johnson's Cats come out this season.

what kind of offense does he run
it was back in 2001 when we played henry, and the other Johnson brother was head coach, but if i remember correctly, i believe they ran the Wing T..not sure if the new johnson coach will do the same though.
when I went by the school they were lined up in the wishbone and power I running some option and belly series out of that. On defense it looked to be a 3-4.
whats-it-2u Wrote:when I went by the school they were lined up in the wishbone and power I running some option and belly series out of that. On defense it looked to be a 3-4.

Do they have the belly jump? That is a playmaker!!! :rockon: