Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville VS. SCHS Friday Night 1/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Predictions and thoughts?? :USAFlag:
Where at?
I think its at Paintsville
Paintsville is the better team and I'm sure Slone will give SC problems, but I'm gonna go with my Cardinals. Brandon May is the streakiest shooter in the region and I'm not sure P'ville has anyone that can guard him due to his ability to play all over the floor. I wouldn't be surprised to see P'ville zone up, which would be their best bet.
It should be a good one.
If its at Paintsville then Paintsville will win.
Paintsville
Tigers
Paintsville
Tigers
cardinals of course
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:Paintsville is the better team and I'm sure Slone will give SC problems, but I'm gonna go with my Cardinals. Brandon May is the streakiest shooter in the region and I'm not sure P'ville has anyone that can guard him due to his ability to play all over the floor. I wouldn't be surprised to see P'ville zone up, which would be their best bet.
It should be a good one.
IDC where it is...Tigers will win this one..Obviously you haven't seen Daniel Pugh play defense. :thumb:
"Webster" Wrote:IDC where it is...Tigers will win this one..Obviously you haven't seen Daniel Pugh play defense. :thumb:

IDC how good you think Daniel Pugh is at defense. Obviously you have never seen Pugh stand next to May. May is bigger and stronger and more physical than Pugh. I know Pugh has is a stud football player, but he is still not physically big as May. May is better than Pugh at every aspect of the game. Pugh can't guard May in the paint where he plays over half of the time. Paintsville will not play man against SC. They wil play a zone and know where May is at all times. :thumb:
Paintsville will win this one. Makes no difference where it's played.
Should be a good one Paintsville will be favored especially at home. Pugh is a very good defender and is as strong as May but if May is hitting it doesn't matter who for Paintsville is guarding him. Lomeli and Crum should cause Paintsville matchup problems as well. I don't see Paintsville playing man, I agree with prodigy they'll play a zone and key on May . I look for Spud to step up and have a big game but I don't know if it will be enough. Paintsville by around 10.
SC by 3 in a barnburner
Paintsville wins this one.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:IDC how good you think Daniel Pugh is at defense. Obviously you have never seen Pugh stand next to May. May is bigger and stronger and more physical than Pugh. I know Pugh has is a stud football player, but he is still not physically big as May. May is better than Pugh at every aspect of the game. Pugh can't guard May in the paint where he plays over half of the time. Paintsville will not play man against SC. They wil play a zone and know where May is at all times. :thumb:

We don't know if May is stronger than Pugh or not, Daniel is a stout boy, I've seen him lift. May does have the size advantage on him. I would venture to say that if Paintsville plays man against SC Pugh will gaurd him when he is floating around the 3 points where Pugh will do a number on him, and when May decides to go down low Kevin Williams will probably gaurd him, and I know May isn't stronger than him. I look at it this way, May put up 40 against Paintsville in the opening round of the districts last year (IDK who gaurded him), BUT Daniel is a much better defender than anyone Paintsville had last year or this year and probably one of the better defenders May has faced this year.

IF Paintsville plays like they did in the Hoops Classic then they will beat SC 10+, if they come out and play like they were pre-hoops classic then it could be a nail biter.

How come Brandon never played football in high school.
Paintsville will probably win because its at Paintsville, but I'm gonna say SC by 2.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:We don't know if May is stronger than Pugh or not, Daniel is a stout boy, I've seen him lift. May does have the size advantage on him. I would venture to say that if Paintsville plays man against SC Pugh will gaurd him when he is floating around the 3 points where Pugh will do a number on him, and when May decides to go down low Kevin Williams will probably gaurd him, and I know May isn't stronger than him. I look at it this way, May put up 40 against Paintsville in the opening round of the districts last year (IDK who gaurded him), BUT Daniel is a much better defender than anyone Paintsville had last year or this year and probably one of the better defenders May has faced this year.

IF Paintsville plays like they did in the Hoops Classic then they will beat SC 10+, if they come out and play like they were pre-hoops classic then it could be a nail biter.

How come Brandon never played football in high school.

He hurt his knee playing football in 8th grade and his momma wouldn't let him play after that.
"Bob Knight" Wrote:He hurt his knee playing football in 8th grade and his momma wouldn't let him play after that.

I never knew why he didn't play, I always wondered cause I remember watching him play in middle school and he was pretty darn good.
I'm feeling an upset Cardinals win by 2
Haven't saw Pville play since rupp classic but I'm gonna have to say SC in this one. However the Tigers are still my pick for 15th region champs. Bill Mike will Git-r-done
Will be a close game, it all depends on if Paintsville has an Answer For May...
the tigers
paintsville if its at paintsville. 5 players and 3 refs are tough to beat
"Bo Duke" Wrote:paintsville if its at paintsville. 5 players and 3 refs are tough to beat

So I guess SC will win when they play eachother at SC, 5 players and 3 refs are tough to beat. I wonder if Mike Hall will be reffing this game, if he is then I pick SC.
paintsville by 10
i don't think this would be an upset sc beat LC by 7 tonight and were up 22 at one time so i say SC by at least 10...Hands down...may will pour in about 25
"SCHS09" Wrote:i don't think this would be an upset sc beat LC by 7 tonight and were up 22 at one time so i say SC by at least 10...Hands down...may will pour in about 25
This is not the same Paintsville team that got beat by Law Co in the first game. This bunch is really playing good now.

As far as May using his strength, it won't matter. PHS is using a 2-3 match-up-zone. They are getting better every game with it. If May goes down low, Williams will tangle with him. I know Williams can match up with May. If he's on the wing, May will have to contend with quickness. He'll have a hand in his face every time he shoots. In fact, Paintsville was whistled for 3 fouls beyond the 3 point stripe against Apollo, which isn't good. But, it shows how hard it's going to be for Sheldon Clark to get open 3 point looks.

I agree with PC_U_KNOW_98, if the same Paintsville shows up that played in their Hoops Classic, Paintsville will win by 12++. If not, Paintsville will barely win.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:This is not the same Paintsville team that got beat by Law Co in the first game. This bunch is really playing good now.

As far as May using his strength, it won't matter. PHS is using a 2-3 match-up-zone. They are getting better every game with it. If May goes down low, Williams will tangle with him. I know Williams can match up with May. If he's on the wing, May will have to contend with quickness. He'll have a hand in his face every time he shoots. In fact, Paintsville was whistled for 3 fouls beyond the 3 point stripe against Apollo, which isn't good. But, it shows how hard it's going to be for Sheldon Clark to get open 3 point looks.

I agree with PC_U_KNOW_98, if the same Paintsville shows up that played in their Hoops Classic, Paintsville will win by 12++. If not, Paintsville will barely win.

Williams CAN NOT match up with May PERIOD... Brandon will use him as a rag doll...
Pages: 1 2