Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Small schools~Right Choice ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Many very good Players Such as for example paige slone which I believe is a very good player ~ leaving for cordia for a bigger program I Have seen more players following suite the past few season than ever before along with the possibilities of winning more games..District & Regions more competitive if You Please and along with the Hopes of More looks from colleges and attention as well. At the Blue Chip games i seen several players from small schools doing awesome against several states finest Carla booth sheldon clark and Chelsey Smith from Pineville the smallest school Winning MVP Player award and Simply dazzling thr recruiters and getting several offers on the spot. All I read from the experts about a Good player from a small school looks great because they are the only one shooting and scoring. And i agree that may be the cast most of the time. But my arguement has aways been look at the shooting percentage..If its right there with the states best and with the certain attribute that they are doing it while being doubled..or a chaser then would that not make them better. Well My case in point came with all the buzz at the Blue Chip camp was over a lot of the big names from nebraska and tennesee and other states but a few of the bluegrasses own From schools with towns so small you can hold your breath and pass through them without much of a problem. LOL So If You are at a small school and like where you are..its okay to stay and You can and will get the attention and offers from Colleges that you think are unattainable without going to a big name school. God bless and Keep Shooting.
OK?
Tammi Wrote:With Many very good Players Such as for example paige slone which I believe is a very good player ~ leaving for cordia for a bigger program I Have seen more players following suite the past few season than ever before along with the possibilities of winning more games..District & Regions more competitive if You Please and along with the Hopes of More looks from colleges and attention as well. At the Blue Chip games i seen several players from small schools doing awesome against several states finest Carla booth sheldon clark and Chelsey Smith from Pineville the smallest school Winning MVP Player award and Simply dazzling thr recruiters and getting several offers on the spot. All I read from the experts about a Good player from a small school looks great because they are the only one shooting and scoring. And i agree that may be the cast most of the time. But my arguement has aways been look at the shooting percentage..If its right there with the states best and with the certain attribute that they are doing it while being doubled..or a chaser then would that not make them better. Well My case in point came with all the buzz at the Blue Chip camp was over a lot of the big names from nebraska and tennesee and other states but a few of the bluegrasses own From schools with towns so small you can hold your breath and pass through them without much of a problem. LOL So If You are at a small school and like where you are..its okay to stay and You can and will get the attention and offers from Colleges that you think are unattainable without going to a big name school. God bless and Keep Shooting.

very well said I think alot of players follow this trend but I know they don't have to I think if you are a good enough player the colleges will find you for example Carla Booth of sheldon clark has offers from several differnt states with alot of them being div.1 schools
Tammi Wrote:With Many very good Players Such as for example paige slone which I believe is a very good player ~ leaving for cordia for a bigger program I Have seen more players following suite the past few season than ever before along with the possibilities of winning more games..District & Regions more competitive if You Please and along with the Hopes of More looks from colleges and attention as well. At the Blue Chip games i seen several players from small schools doing awesome against several states finest Carla booth sheldon clark and Chelsey Smith from Pineville the smallest school Winning MVP Player award and Simply dazzling thr recruiters and getting several offers on the spot. All I read from the experts about a Good player from a small school looks great because they are the only one shooting and scoring. And i agree that may be the cast most of the time. But my arguement has aways been look at the shooting percentage..If its right there with the states best and with the certain attribute that they are doing it while being doubled..or a chaser then would that not make them better. Well My case in point came with all the buzz at the Blue Chip camp was over a lot of the big names from nebraska and tennesee and other states but a few of the bluegrasses own From schools with towns so small you can hold your breath and pass through them without much of a problem. LOL So If You are at a small school and like where you are..its okay to stay and You can and will get the attention and offers from Colleges that you think are unattainable without going to a big name school. God bless and Keep Shooting.

Where these team camps? You compared Paige Slone going from Cordia to a bigger program (KCC)like its a bad thing. Then said something about a girl being at another small school Sheldon Clark getting noticed. Knott Central and Sheldon Clark are the same size school.
For once, I have to agree with Benchwarmer on this one.
This thread was a Very good point n It is Great that Players From small schools Such As Teeny tiny pineville recieving the Most Valuable player Does get the Honors They Deserve I Watched A Little of Both senior camps (north-South)along with the parents and Recruiters And the 2 Young Ladies Selected Played AWESOME along with the Junior camps impressed as well Usually more than Often Players over 6 feet(bigs) are always Taking Home the bacon alaso enjoyed The head to Head Match up between The sheldon clark Player and the Pineville player The Defense was the best I wish everyone could Have seen our kentucky Kids giving it all against some of the best. I believe Knox central Shakira Gregory Recieved the Top sleeper award Congratulations to her And if you can get the opportunity to beg borrow or snatch a tape or tapes of any or all of these games from This High potential blue chip camp and enjoy watching Girls basketball At its FINEST You Need to Do so.
Hey i am not saying its a bad thing to go to a bigger school.
My point is you can get attentionfrom a small school as well. The Rick bolus high potential showcase is basically where Players can show there attributes among players of equal talents. No doubt 100's of players have recieved scholarships through these fine works.
several had very well rspected programs and D1 college offers as at this camp.
Another player last season from eastern ky left for a bigger school and I am quite sure if she would of stayed at her school which done well in the all "A" classic the Player would have recieved the same looks from staying put.
Im just saying all this Moving around from school to school if it doesnt help
your marketability...then why do it. thats my opinion only. never meant for arguement sake..If you dont agree thats fine..roll your eyes badboy..and just go on to the next thread. lol:lmao::lmao:
Tammi Wrote:Hey i am not saying its a bad thing to go to a bigger school.
My point is you can get attentionfrom a small school as well. The Rick bolus high potential showcase is basically where Players can show there attributes among players of equal talents. No doubt 100's of players have recieved scholarships through these fine works.
several had very well rspected programs and D1 college offers as at this camp.
Another player last season from eastern ky left for a bigger school and I am quite sure if she would of stayed at her school which done well in the all "A" classic the Player would have recieved the same looks from staying put.
Im just saying all this Moving around from school to school if it doesnt help
your marketability...then why do it. thats my opinion only. never meant for arguement sake..If you dont agree thats fine..roll your eyes badboy..and just go on to the next thread. lol:lmao::lmao:

What?
These types of camps are ones that favor players that can score and may or may not show the completeness of a players ability IMO. I too was at the recent Blue Chip and saw many campers who shot the ball as soon as their hands touched the ball. This type of camp encourages selfishness. Ask any college coach what they believe to be the best quality in a player. Many or most will say that the ability to play defense is most important. Rick Bolus camps in no way form or fashion encourage a player with any other skill other than offense to shine.

I watched many girls play that I thought were more complete players than some of the ones selected as camp MVP's and all camper team. I sat behind Rick during one of the games and looked over his shoulder at his 'cheat sheet' he had several girls highlighted and when they werent in the game, he would turn around and talk to other coaches and such. This in itself lends to the fact his picks and evaluations are biased towards a certain group of girls. How can he truly give an accurate assestment of talent if he only is watching certain players. (Unless you turn heads offensively).
Athletes will come out of any background for recognition.
Hitters_Count Wrote:These types of camps are ones that favor players that can score and may or may not show the completeness of a players ability IMO. I too was at the recent Blue Chip and saw many campers who shot the ball as soon as their hands touched the ball. This type of camp encourages selfishness. Ask any college coach what they believe to be the best quality in a player. Many or most will say that the ability to play defense is most important. Rick Bolus camps in no way form or fashion encourage a player with any other skill other than offense to shine.

I watched many girls play that I thought were more complete players than some of the ones selected as camp MVP's and all camper team. I sat behind Rick during one of the games and looked over his shoulder at his 'cheat sheet' he had several girls highlighted and when they werent in the game, he would turn around and talk to other coaches and such. This in itself lends to the fact his picks and evaluations are biased towards a certain group of girls. How can he truly give an accurate assestment of talent if he only is watching certain players. (Unless you turn heads offensively).
You are exactly right about these camps.
Hitters_Count Wrote:These types of camps are ones that favor players that can score and may or may not show the completeness of a players ability IMO. I too was at the recent Blue Chip and saw many campers who shot the ball as soon as their hands touched the ball. This type of camp encourages selfishness. Ask any college coach what they believe to be the best quality in a player. Many or most will say that the ability to play defense is most important. Rick Bolus camps in no way form or fashion encourage a player with any other skill other than offense to shine.

Sounds like you are on top of it.
Players leave small schools for the chance on being on successful teams and maybe going to the state.
Lucky7 Wrote:Players leave small schools for the chance on being on successful teams and maybe going to the state.

I have agreed with Lucky7 twice today. You have a better chance of progressing in the post season and playing on a better team will help some of the average players or scorers get a scholarship to a smaller school.
If this was the case there would be no need for prep teams, small schools can not compete with national caliber teams. Even though this applies more on the boy side girls basketball is still trying to catch up. College coaches are very busy, why would they go to a game to watch this 1 girl, when they could go to a bigger more quality game to watch possibly 4-5 different girls playing against better quality players. This is a big reason recruiting is done on the AAU circuit and show case events instead of the high school season, unless it's a high quality tournament, a couple bigger schools, or in state playoffs. Would you want to watch a Kentucky/Louisville game or Union/Cumberland, same with high school.
my child goes to piarist..she is a sophmore and has already gotten attention...and one day she will go to a great college,,
I agree with this that if you are at a small school you can be seen.
Mika Turner was playing at Owsley now playing at Asbury.