Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Should Girls State Tourney be moved?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that the girls should get to be on a bigger stage that's more central. I think the khsaa should move the Girls' Sweet Sixteen to Freedom Hall, if Louisville would allow it. I think this would give more people from Eastern Kentucky a chance to check it out, plus it would just be better for the girls. The boys get the awesome priveledge of playing at RUPP and the girls play at EA Diddle. I think that Freedom Hall is a much better stage than EA. Any thoughts??
it should be t uk like the boys
"billybob" Wrote:I think that the girls should get to be on a bigger stage that's more central. I think the khsaa should move the Girls' Sweet Sixteen to Freedom Hall, if Louisville would allow it. I think this would give more people from Eastern Kentucky a chance to check it out, plus it would just be better for the girls. The boys get the awesome priveledge of playing at RUPP and the girls play at EA Diddle. I think that Freedom Hall is a much better stage than EA. Any thoughts??

I think it should be in Lexington like the boys.
The thing about having the girls state tournament at Rupp or Freedom Hall compared to WKU is that it costs a lot more to lease Rupp or Freedom Hall than it does WKU or EKU. The girls state tourney does not bring in near the revenue/crowd than the boys state tourney does. I'm sure this is the case in most states but I would think the margin in revenue between the boys tourney and the girls tourney is even larger is the state of Kentucky. Going to the boys sweet 16 in Kentucky is tradition to a lot of people whether or not your school is in it or not. I would like to see them move the tourney to EKU as Richmond is more in the central part of the state than Bowling Green is.
"PHSFAN" Wrote:The thing about having the girls state tournament at Rupp or Freedom Hall compared to WKU is that it costs a lot more to lease Rupp or Freedom Hall than it does WKU or EKU. The girls state tourney does not bring in near the revenue/crowd than the boys state tourney does. I'm sure this is the case in most states but I would think the margin in revenue between the boys tourney and the girls tourney is even larger is the state of Kentucky. Going to the boys sweet 16 in Kentucky is tradition to a lot of people whether or not your school is in it or not. I would like to see them move the tourney to EKU as Richmond is more in the central part of the state than Bowling Green is.

good post and i agree...
I think that the Girls State Tournament should be moved because the way that I look at it is that they are just as good as the boys they need to play somewhere well known instead of bowling green.. I agree with you Billy Bob freedom Hall would be excellent place to move the tournament..
"BALLER_50" Wrote:I think that the Girls State Tournament should be moved because the way that I look at it is that they are just as good as the boys they need to play somewhere well known instead of bowling green.. I agree with you Billy Bob freedom Hall would be excellent place to move the tournament..

It probably isn't fair but until the girls state tourney can draw the crowd/revenue that the boys tourney does it will not be in Freedom Hall or Rupp Arena. I am not saying I agree with it but that is just the way it is and will continue to be.
I agree PHS, EKU's gym wouldn't be a bad location..

Only 2 hours or so from here..

It doesn't draw the crowd, I agree. Schools just don't support the girls programs as much as they do the boys. That's how it always has been and always will be IMO.
Hey PHS!! I didn't say that the girls got as many people to come to there game as what the boys did, I just sayd that they need to get there tournament moved.. If the girls would get recognized more then they would have more fans but that is a really major problem. Basically that is how I view it!!
I agree with you Tribe.
Good post THE TRIBE!!! i AGREE ALL THE WAY!
I believe that the girls state tourny should be played at Freedom Hall or Rupp, not bowling green.... It would probably draw a bigger crowd with a more central location!
Is sponsorship of the Girls Sweet 16 "Houchins" would allow so, the Girls tournament could move from Bowling Green one year to Pikeville the next with the new Expo Center. I don't believe it would be in Houchins Enterprizes best interest to move the tournament anywhere though.
Yes!!!
I think it should be at Memorial Col. and the boys be at Rupp like it is...or they could just move it to EKU. That would be nice. lol
I think that it would be a good thing for the Girls Tourney to be at the EXPO CENTER, considering that it is a new attraction in the area.. I think that because of that reason it would bring alot more people in the area to visit, so there for it would bring alot more fans in to watch the girls basketball tourney.. I think that they should give it a try and see what people would think about that . Bowling Green is just to far to drive, adn hey what in the world is there really there to do.
If they moved it to the EXPO center, look how far people from Western Kentucky would have to drive. Wow.
I would love for the girls to get to play at Rupp.. I just don't know if it would bring out a big enough crowd to cover the cost... maybe have a girls game and guys game on the same day or something might work
Memorial is smaller than Rupp though, so that could work maybe...
The Girl's State Tournament needs to be in a location that is better suited to accomodate everyone in the Commonwealth... If Rupp is hard to fill for girls action, then use Memorial or the center in Frankfort... or go to the middle of the Commonwealth geographically speaking and find the best suited town to handle that size of crowd! Think of all the young girls basketball players, who would love to get to go see a State Tournament and understand what they're working towards... I love Bowling Green, love the people, love the setting.... but I believe it's time to address this issue and do what's best for all involved.
I agree!

I love going to the state tourney but I just can't drive to Bowling Green every year.
I would like to see it held at Memorial coliseum
nope
Well in my opinion I really don't care where it is held as long as it is not in Bowling Green!
It should be in RUPP.