Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Volquez goes 6 In, 1 R, 9 Ks in first start off of Tommy John surgery! Reds win 8-1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fantastic start by Edision! Great way to come back and show the organization that you have not missed a beat. Pitch location sounded good, pitch velocity sounded good, and he seemed loose and in control, same as before the surgery. Reds hitting slacked a lil (believe it or not), scoring 8 runs on ONLY 5 HITS! Go walks! Travis Wood goes tomorrow as the Redlegs look to sweep the Rockies!!:rockon:
This is why the Reds do not need to look for a RH pitcher
Stardust Wrote:This is why the Reds do not need to look for a RH pitcher

Correct you are my friend!!
Im gald to see Volquez back in the rotation!
Reds win against the Nats for the second night. They tack on the first 3 as Leake pitches a fantastic 5 innings. Then the rains came and delayed the game for 2 hours, forcing Leake out of the game. After resuming play the Reds tack on three more runs for a 8-1 lead going to the 6 inning. Long reliever Micah Owings then walks Adam Dunn and allows a two run home run to make it 8-3. 6th was not done, after getting the next two batters Owings and Bill Bray give up 4 more runs on two outs to make it a 8-7 lead going into the 7th. With the combo of Masset, Rhodes, and Cordero the Reds were able to squeeze it out and stay within a half game of the Cardinals and maintain the Wildcard lead.

Tomorrow the Reds get Strasburg facing off against Arroyo before a national televised audience.
Not looking good for the Reds, the Nationals lead 7-3,going to the 7th.
Hard one tonight. Especially when you have an arm like Strasburg to help keep the runs down in the beginning of the game. I really was expecting this one. I can not believe how Phillies can sweep the Reds 4 at their place and then go to St. Louis and get swept along with the Cardinals sweeping the Dodgers who are fighting for a playoff spot....... The Reds are not going to get any help to steal the division away.