Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Teams in mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will be the top teams in the WYMT area for next season. That includes the 13th-15th regions and a few of the 12th region teams (Rock, S'western, etc).
Clay, Harlan Co, and North Laurel are atop the 13th. Other solid teams but still not on the level of the other 3 previously mentioned will be South Laurel, Whitley, Corbin, and Pineville. A few possible sleepers Lynn Camp, Knox Central, and Harlan Indp. Cant say much about the Boro, idk anything about them this year.
Rock,Clay co and Perry Central are 3 of the top teams I think Sheldon Clark will be the best team from the 15th they should be in the discussion I think Rock is clearly the best out of the mountains 1Rock 2Perry Central 3Clay co 4Sheldon Clark
TopDog Wrote:Rock,Clay co and Perry Central are 3 of the top teams I think Sheldon Clark will be the best team from the 15th they should be in the discussion I think Rock is clearly the best out of the mountains 1Rock 2Perry Central 3Clay co 4Sheldon Clark
How does a team (Perry Central) go from getting beat pretty bad by the top teams in the 13th. 14th, and 15th regions to the number two team in these regions a year later?
Benchwarmer Wrote:How does a team (Perry Central) go from getting beat pretty bad by the top teams in the 13th. 14th, and 15th regions to the number two team in these regions a year later?
Perry Central will be tough as nails this year with the addition of the two Breathitt girls. I guess that's how they're number 2.
Benchwarmer Wrote:How does a team (Perry Central) go from getting beat pretty bad by the top teams in the 13th. 14th, and 15th regions to the number two team in these regions a year later?
I have not seen Pcc play in person but I know they got a very good player in Noble and I heard they got somemore transfers too
My top ten in Wymt viewing area

1 Rockcastle Co.
2 Perry Co. Central
3 Clay County
4 Southwestern
5 Harlan County
6 Sheldon Clark
7 North Laurel
8 Belfry
9 Betsy Layne
10 Whitley County
Last season Rockcastle girls had beat 6 teams in the wymt mountain top ten. most of those game were 10+ points wins. they only lose one player from last season. i dont see any one in the mountian beating them this year
Rockcastle is the mountain team to beat. I Simply love them. Clay County and Perry Central with the New additions are Right there.
Clay County Has played together for so long and Very well Coached Should Have a GREAT season .
Perry Central If The Team Chemistry is Right Should Be quite Simply a Juggernaut.
Harlan County Looks invincible in Summer Play...But then again so did leslie so its about who you play I imagine.
and Clay Has had there Number in the 13th. But Who Knows This Might
be THE year. They are many other teams which are IMO Sleeping giants out there which are coming off very good years and did not lose a lot to graduation and IF they build off of that success can give the top dogs some losses in there Win columns. One of the Surprises Which flew open mouths in awe everywhere was when Bell County coming off of a lackluster year blew away Harlan county early on which had to be one of the shockers of the season at that time..We all love a good game but overall most high school games usually does come out like clockwork and as predicted But We all do so love a good surprise now and again and I think it is good for the sport as well.. it would be great if we had a few more in store for the 2010-2011 mountain basketball Calendar Year.
Rockcastle County - 12th
Clay County - 13th
Perry Central - 14th
Sheldon Clark - 15th

Rockcastle County is the top team in the mountains, but the addition of Noble could give Perry Central the edge.
Perry will win the 14th hands down, and IMO will be playing on the last day in Bowling Green.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Last season Rockcastle girls had beat 6 teams in the wymt mountain top ten. most of those game were 10+ points wins. they only lose one player from last season. i dont see any one in the mountian beating them this year
And they were robbed by the refs in the state tournament in Bowling Green. Flat out robbed. Rock had the best team in the state last season.
Basketball Guru Wrote:My top ten in Wymt viewing area

1 Rockcastle Co.
2 Perry Co. Central
3 Clay County
4 Southwestern
5 Harlan County
6 Sheldon Clark
7 North Laurel
8 Belfry
9 Betsy Layne
10 Whitley County

Anyone else want to post a top ten?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:And they were robbed by the refs in the state tournament in Bowling Green. Flat out robbed. Rock had the best team in the state last season.

Totally agree. Rock should have been state champion or at least runner-up.
who are the teams that will make a surprise next season
i could see North Laurel having a really good year
Best of luck to Perry Central, Rock would love to see you in the state tournament!!
Don't be suprised if in the 13th you might see some upsets of the traditional powers come region time. There are some teams coming back that lost only one or no seniors.
Harlan Ind., Whitley, Bell, Knox are teams that should be exciting to watch this year. Clay, Harlan Co., South and North are always solid and will be hard to unseat.
Pineville and Corbin will also be there if they dont loose key components during the off-season. Rumor mill has Pineville loosing big girl and Corbin loosing the twins.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Don't be suprised if in the 13th you might see some upsets of the traditional powers come region time. There are some teams coming back that lost only one or no seniors.
Harlan Ind., Whitley, Bell, Knox are teams that should be exciting to watch this year. Clay, Harlan Co., South and North are always solid and will be hard to unseat.
Pineville and Corbin will also be there if they dont loose key components during the off-season. Rumor mill has Pineville loosing big girl and Corbin loosing the twins.

whats the rumor on the twins?
Basketball Guru Wrote:Anyone else want to post a top ten?

1 Rockcastle Co.
2 Clay County
3 Southwestern
4 Perry Co. Central
5 Harlan County
6 North Laurel
7 Sheldon Clark
8 Belfry
9 Whitley County
10 Betsy Layne
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:1 Rockcastle Co.
2 Clay County
3 Southwestern
4 Perry Co. Central
5 Harlan County
6 North Laurel
7 Sheldon Clark
8 Belfry
9 Whitley County
10 Betsy Layne

Where is Letcher County Central. They return basically their whole team and they defeated Harlan County by eight, Belfry by 30, Whitley County by 20, and Betsy Layne by 20 last year. All these teams lost as many or more key players to graduation as LCC. Also, it is basically homegrown girls also.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Where is Letcher County Central. They return basically their whole team and they defeated Harlan County by eight, Belfry by 30, Whitley County by 20, and Betsy Layne by 20 last year. All these teams lost as many or more key players to graduation as LCC. Also, it is basically homegrown girls also.

I forgot about letcher

1 Rockcastle Co.
2 Clay County
3 Southwestern
4 Letcher Central
5 Perry Co. Central
6 Harlan County
7 North Laurel
8 Sheldon Clark
9 Belfry
10 Whitley County
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I forgot about letcher

1 Rockcastle Co.
2 Clay County
3 Southwestern
4 Letcher Central
5 Perry Co. Central
6 Harlan County
7 North Laurel
8 Sheldon Clark
9 Belfry
10 Whitley County

Rocksolid69 I'm going to have to agree with this list right here. I can't wait for the 12th region tourny. Hopefully we'll see a Lady Warrior/Lady Rocket finals. Good luck in the upcoming season.
1. Rockcastle
2. Perry Central
3. North Laurel
4. Clay County
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Letcher County
Lucky7 Wrote:1. Rockcastle
2. Perry Central
3. North Laurel
4. Clay County
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Letcher County

I agree.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Perry will win the 14th hands down, and IMO will be playing on the last day in Bowling Green.

What are you basing that on, not knowing how the draw will come out? They could draw DuPont Manual in the 1st round and be gone on Wednesday or Thursday.
HD28 Wrote:What are you basing that on, not knowing how the draw will come out? They could draw DuPont Manual in the 1st round and be gone on Wednesday or Thursday.

Or in the 1st round of the district. You never know what kind of injuries could happen.
1. Rockcastle
2. Perry Central
3. Clay Co.
4. Southwestern
5. Sheldon Clark

Rockcastle will play Clay Co., and Southwestern in the regular season and they beat Sheldon Clark this summer at UK camp. We will see towards the middle or last part of the season how they compare to Perry Central and the other top teams in the state.
HD28 Wrote:What are you basing that on, not knowing how the draw will come out? They could draw DuPont Manual in the 1st round and be gone on Wednesday or Thursday.

Or Dupont Manual could be sitting in the stands after another underachieving post season watching another Louisville school beat Perry Central.
Basketball Guru Wrote:Anyone else want to post a top ten?
You have to include Letcher Central in the top 10!
Pages: 1 2