Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County @ Knox Central 8/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm so excited Football is just around the corner, and Friday nights are going to carry a whole new meaning. So how about some early Pioneer Bowl predictions. Two teams I'm sure alot of people feel are on the rise. Should be a great game to start off the season.
Clay by 45. Knox won't be ready for a team of Clay's caliber that early in the season..
PBR Wrote:Clay by 45. Knox won't be ready for a team of Clay's caliber that early in the season..

your out of your mind :thatsfunn:moon::flush:
I will take KC. They get better and better each year! They have a great Coach and a GREAT Facility.
It should be a great game I will take Knox 28-21
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I will take KC. They get better and better each year! They have a great Coach and a GREAT Facility.

Last year was more of a rebuilding year from the previous 2008 season. That being said they rebuilt for 2010. Look for big year at KC this year.
KC by a td its going to be a very close game and fun to watch:Thumbs:
I gotta go with my cousin wayne mills team in knox central!

Clay County 20
Knox Central 28
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I will take KC. They get better and better each year! They have a great Coach and a GREAT Facility.

Clay has as good a staff as anyone. Also, their facility is about done and is unreal.
Clay is very talented and better back up all the hype that they are recieving.
I look for the Tigers to win by 2 td's at least. If not, it will be a long year.
The company I work for just donated money to the Appy bowl game. Looking forward to this.
KC will be much better this year. I look for them to win in a close game.
Knox keeps it close because its at Home, but Clay wins it in a thriller.

Clay 33
knox 28
Clay beat us last year with a QB who may be the fastest around. He is at reciever now and almost as big a threat with a great set of hands to go with those fast feet. If our DLine does the job and puts pressure on the QB - we should win.

Our offense will score and score often. It really comes down to how we can stop the pass and play solid when the run. It will be an awesome game.

Knox 28
Clay 21
Probably one of the better opening games of the season. I need to study these teams before i mean a decision.
I would not bet on the score often in this one. Clay's defense held you in cehck last year and is much faster and stronger this year.
PBR Wrote:Clay by 45. Knox won't be ready for a team of Clay's caliber that early in the season..

Sounds like you have been drinking too much PBR. Knox by 14
Clay won this game last year, and from what I hear they return everyone this year. So look for The Tigers to pull out this opening game win. Too much speed across the board for KC.
is JV hooker playing or did he graduate? Im sure he didnt though.
He is back and playing wide out. No more QB for him but if he is on the field he is a threat to score at any time. Likely one of the top 5 fastest kids in the state.
I'm not a betting man but I do believe if I were; I'd be safe betting on Knox to score. The O-line for Knox is bigger and stronger than any team they have ever put on the field. And this part of KY has never seen a RB who runs like Turpin and bench presses a house. He was young last year and saw limited action behind an excellent Merida. This year, teams will deal with him 4 quarters. Not a fun assignment. We will score. It is just a matter of can we keep Clay out of the end zone. I think we will.
He must be ready for the big time then, as there have been some really good ones in this part of KY. One of your coaches Scottie Russell for one. I saw him, and I think your are overestimating his greatness. He is a good back, but not great by any means at this time.
By the way, Hooker is fast but is the second fastest kid on Clay's team. Reid is faster and also benches over 340. Miller also benching around 340 just behind those two speed wise but hits you like a Mack truck when he runs. Just ask the two KC players from two years ago when he was a sophomore that he put out of the game.
My early prediction would be KC. Alot could undo that before the clock starts ticking though.
Ask the kids from the weight meet at South Laurel what Turpin benched there. He warms up with 340 - no exageration. I promise you Eastern KY has not had a back with his upper body stength. He is only a junior so he will continue to develop this year and next. But he is a great kid who will be tough to stop.

And I do recall the Clay Mack truck you reference. He is as tough as I've seen at his position.
Coming over for the Somerset game, would like to hang around and watch this game. I think it will be a very good game to open the season.
Clay by 14
I actually find it hard to believe that a site that is dedicated to sports would allow a moderator to put soft **** on his signature bar. It is not only offensive and crude; it flat out dissapoints me. I have a step daughter that I work to protect from such objectivism. I pray in life she encounters men who can appreciate her as child of God and not some pen up for a locker room.
I'm taking Knox because of home field advantage and what they have returning, but it could go either way IMO. Clay has been pretty strong the past few years and from what I'm hearing are continuing that trend. Should be a good game to start the season I may have to stay and watch.
Gonna be one heck of a game that could go either way. In my opionion it will go to who ever wants it the most, but I expect both teams to leave it all on the field. I can't wait.

GO TIGERS
Knox has no answer for Hooker, Reid, Miller, Gilbert, and Hyde. Clay in a big way. Knox is good but this is Clay's year... Clay will win the region.:Cheerlead
PBR Wrote:Knox has no answer for Hooker, Reid, Miller, Gilbert, and Hyde. Clay in a big way. Knox is good but this is Clay's year... Clay will win the region.:Cheerlead
Could I please have some of what you're on?:Clap:
Pages: 1 2