Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WWE wants WCW and TNA icon Sting in the WWE Hall of Fame?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former WCW superstar and current TNA mainstay Sting has never set foot inside a WWE ring.

But that may soon change.

Not only are Sting and Vince McMahon cordial with one another, there's also a mutual respect that seems to bode well for a possible working relationship in the near future.

While Sting has been unkind at times to World Wrestling Entertainment over the years, most of his criticisms had been levied against the WWE's formerly adult-oriented content.

But the WWE has largely modified its content to suit PG audiences worldwide. And if folks in the know are to be believed, Sting may finally be ready to do business with WWE when his TNA contract expires.

Sources inside the WWE say that Vince McMahon has already sanctioned a Sting DVD collector's set to be produced once the legendary performer finally retires from TNA and possibly from in-ring action.

And while it doesn't appear as though Sting will ever wrestle in World Wrestling Entertainment, it looks inevitable that Sting will one day be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Is that an honor Sting deserves? Or will WWE fans be less than willing to embrace a non-WWE superstar who has never contributed anything to World Wrestling Entertainment?

http://www.examiner.com/x-43265-WWE-Exam...ll-of-Fame
I wanted Sting from the very beginning, but now he brings no value. The value of Sting when the WWE first took over WCW had a lot of opportunites and match-ups. Sting of 2000 still could work. Sting of 2010 is 51 with seriously bad knees and does not have the trademark strength that he once had. Sting was one of my all-time favorites. He really has nothing left for me to tune into now.

As for brining him into the WWE just for the HOF, Why? Stig does not have to work for WWE to be inducted into the HOF. Many wrestlers who spent their time either away from WWE or had a mutual hatred for the WWE has already been inducted. What about Verne Gagne and Cowboy Ron Bass. Both hated WWE and never worked there, yet they are in.

Nah, I don't like the move.
It's definately going to happen soon...

With Wrestlemania being in Atlanta next year I'm hearing they are leaning towards a WCW based Hall of Fame.

If Sting is out of TNA by then he'll definately be the headline attraction.
Didnt he have a roll during the 'Invasion' story line years ago?
I honestly don't know where or how Sting would fit in with the rest of the WWE. But I could see them using him to be the one to take down Nexus as his introduction to the WWE. I could see it now...the lights go out everybody thinks it the Undertaker and when the lights come back on there is Sting in the middle of the ring with Nexus laying everywhere. But that is wishful thinking huh?
Real Badman Wrote:Didnt he have a roll during the 'Invasion' story line years ago?

No, he has never stepped foot in a WWE ring, he refused.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I honestly don't know where or how Sting would fit in with the rest of the WWE. But I could see them using him to be the one to take down Nexus as his introduction to the WWE. I could see it now...the lights go out everybody thinks it the Undertaker and when the lights come back on there is Sting in the middle of the ring with Nexus laying everywhere. But that is wishful thinking huh?

That is an excellent job of "booking" CB, I like it :Thumbs:
J-Rod Wrote:It's definately going to happen soon...

With Wrestlemania being in Atlanta next year I'm hearing they are leaning towards a WCW based Hall of Fame.

If Sting is out of TNA by then he'll definately be the headline attraction.

:Thumbs: This makes a lot of sense. They did negotiate to get Sting during the WCW buyout, but had no interest. They were prepared to make his DVD, which was going to be the first of the 3 disk specials. Sting never did take the offe, thus the DVD was nixed. It would make sense to market a Sting DVD package if he came back, but now there were be 10 years of no footage due to Stings years in TNA. With that said, It would be difficult to market a Sting DVD package with no footage for the last several years.
Stardust Wrote:That is an excellent job of "booking" CB, I like it :Thumbs:

I say that it is wishful thinking but in all reality this maybe how they bring him into the WWE.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I say that it is wishful thinking but in all reality this maybe how they bring him into the WWE.

I like the lights going out, especially with the UT tease, and then see Sting in the long black Leather cape hunched over like the Undertaker usually does. What a great swerve. What I would never expect to see is Sting Rapel into the ring. I'm pretty confident that after the Owen death, we will never see that in WWE again.
Stardust Wrote:I like the lights going out, especially with the UT tease, and then see Sting in the long black Leather cape hunched over like the Undertaker usually does. What a great swerve. What I would never expect to see is Sting Rapel into the ring. I'm pretty confident that after the Owen death, we will never see that in WWE again.

I dont think we'll see that again in wrestling at all. I don't think TNA does it with him do they?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I dont think we'll see that again in wrestling at all. I don't think TNA does it with him do they?

Yes, he has done it several times over his tenure with TNA.
I stand corrected, Sir.
I would love to see Sting in the HOF
^ I agree although he has never stepped foot in a WWE ring he is stil a wrestling icon and deserves to be in the HOF.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:^ I agree although he has never stepped foot in a WWE ring he is stil a wrestling icon and deserves to be in the HOF.

Agree totally. Guy is a legend for sure.. Loved his WCW days. Miss those days Sad
Here is your trivia boys: Who was Stings tag-team partner prior to going to WCW. Hint: Sting went on to become one of the most famous WCW World champions of all-time. His partner went on to become one of the WWE's most famous (or in-famous) World champion of all-time.
Geee.. I was a little kid then but I'm going to guess Lex Luger.. That is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.. Lex Luger still had it in the nWo days.. He was the Batista/Bobby Lashley of that era. Muscles coming off of his muscles.
Was it the Ultimate Warrior?
clipperw Wrote:Was it the Ultimate Warrior?

And the winner is....

Good job.
Ballers Wrote:Geee.. I was a little kid then but I'm going to guess Lex Luger.. That is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.. Lex Luger still had it in the nWo days.. He was the Batista/Bobby Lashley of that era. Muscles coming off of his muscles.

Not a bad guess, but Lex was never a WWE world champion
I used to love watching Sting wrestle and do that scream. I can't believe he is 51 years old now? But my favorites were the Rock N Roll Express. I loved watching them double drop kick the Midnight Express and the Russians(Nakita and Ivan?). Jim Cornette always cracked me up too with that tennis racket.

I wished wrestling today was family friendly like it was when I was kid. I think my kids would of enjoyed watching the NWA. Dusty Rhodes, Arn & Ole Anderson, Rick Flair, Hands of Stone Steve Garvey, Lex Luger, Ric Flair. The NWA was great and family friendly!

I haven't watched wrestling since Vince bought Goldberg and the WCWSad
torQQue Wrote:I used to love watching Sting wrestle and do that scream. I can't believe he is 51 years old now? But my favorites were the Rock N Roll Express. I loved watching them double drop kick the Midnight Express and the Russians(Nakita and Ivan?). Jim Cornette always cracked me up too with that tennis racket.

I wished wrestling today was family friendly like it was when I was kid. I think my kids would of enjoyed watching the NWA. Dusty Rhodes, Arn & Ole Anderson, Rick Flair, Hands of Stone Steve Garvey, Lex Luger, Ric Flair. The NWA was great and family friendly!

I haven't watched wrestling since Vince bought Goldberg and the WCWSad

I love ya' QQ, but I hated the Dodgers and their 1b Steve Garvey. But back to wrestling in the NWA, Hands of Stone Ronnie Garvin was awesome:biggrin:

The old WWF, NWA, and AWA proved that you could be violent in a Saturday morning cartoonish way, and peiple still loved it. However, we, our generation and what we are doing right now is what caused the change in professional wrestling. Once the internet came about, our knowledgebase changed. Once we were introduced to what was happening behind the curtain, we did not want the make-believe world, we wanted to know everything that was going on and we paid to get it. That's when the Bob Ryder's of professional wrestling journalism and his "REAL" newsletters replaced Bill Apters - Pro Wrestling Illustrated, as the #1 selling wrestling newsletter/magazine. People no longer wanted the "suspension of belief", they wanted all the juicy details of what was "really" happening. I could go on and on, but the reality of it is, professional wrestling changed because we forced it to change. Once we knew it was pre-determined, we realized all we were watching was a Rambo movie - action adventure with lots of fake violence. We were ok with the fake violence, but we needed the real violence. Thus, when Vince changed the game by giving away the plot, wrestling began to die. It was ECW and the violence associated with it that brought Sports Entertainment back into homes. Instead of Baby doll being the lady that all of us pre-teen boys loved, we wanted to see Brock Lesnar's future bride, Sable, with painted pasties as we shelled out $40 on PPV!
nWO vs WCW revenge... I loved that game on N64, did anyone else play it? Sting was on it as well as Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, The Giant, Goldberg was a beast on that game.