Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 World Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What Division and or team do you think wins?
I'm going to say the National League. And I'll say the Braves or the Reds hopefully.
Im gonna say Yankees repeat.

I'd like to see them and the Reds have at it.
Yankees have history against them, as no team who won the previous WS and is at the top of their division going into the break has went on to win the WS.
^ Then I take the Yankees Smile

I take the Yankess, because destiny IS ON THEIR SIDE! With the passing of Steinbrenner, the Yankees will make big plays into ensuring that they acquire the players needed to win it in honor of his memory.
This year is setting up perfectly for the Yankees to win it again. They have all the motivation they need on their side to repeat and break history.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This year is setting up perfectly for the Yankees to win it again. They have all the motivation they need on their side to repeat and break history.

:Thumbs:
I really can not stand the media darling that will be the Yankees in the fall. The death of George Steinbrenner will not change my opinion of the Yankees nor change my disdain for them but I do feel sympathy for the organization and hope that it does not effect negatively. I think that the dynasty word will be thrown out way too much and they will choke in the playoffs leaving the World Series up for grabs. I will hope for the Reds to make it in the playoffs but once your team is there it is anyone's to grab. I am really hoping for a Reds-Yankees world series but who knows when it is this far away. But I will not be terribly surprised if the Yanks get beat out early.
Yankees over the Cardinals 4 games to 1..Although Ill be happy as long as the Braves or Red Sox dont win it..
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I really can not stand the media darling that will be the Yankees in the fall. The death of George Steinbrenner will not change my opinion of the Yankees nor change my disdain for them but I do feel sympathy for the organization and hope that it does not effect negatively. I think that the dynasty word will be thrown out way too much and they will choke in the playoffs leaving the World Series up for grabs. I will hope for the Reds to make it in the playoffs but once your team is there it is anyone's to grab. I am really hoping for a Reds-Yankees world series but who knows when it is this far away. But I will not be terribly surprised if the Yanks get beat out early.

They are already the media darling. Unfortunately they will be a bigger media darling since the death of Steinbrenner. If they do win, ESPN will go on for months how they won the World Series in the memory of Steinbrenner. I hope they choke and not even make the playoffs.
As for the World Series, I will be happy and take the Reds vs. anybody but the Bankees.
Jarons Wrote:They are already the media darling. Unfortunately they will be a bigger media darling since the death of Steinbrenner. If they do win, ESPN will go on for months how they won the World Series in the memory of Steinbrenner. I hope they choke and not even make the playoffs.
As for the World Series, I will be happy and take the Reds vs. anybody but the Bankees.

:thatsfunn
Jarons Wrote:They are already the media darling. Unfortunately they will be a bigger media darling since the death of Steinbrenner. If they do win, ESPN will go on for months how they won the World Series in the memory of Steinbrenner. I hope they choke and not even make the playoffs.

That is very true. I guess I meant, even biggest media darlings.I cant understand why??? 90 % of the country hates the Yankees!!!
Well I'm hoping the Reds get there...but its going to be a tough task.

As for the AL...I really like the Minnesota Twins.
A Twins - Reds world series would be pretty freakin cool. Maybe not the rating catch that Fox would want but they can kiss it. Wink
The Yanks will be there and will probably win
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:That is very true. I guess I meant, even biggest media darlings.I cant understand why??? 90 % of the country hates the Yankees!!!

I think its mainly because they don't earn their championships they have pretty much bought them.
Yankees vs. Phillies is what my head says
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I think its mainly because they don't earn their championships they have pretty much bought them.

There's no salary cap in baseball. Maybe your team should get an owner who is dedicated to winning and will do whatever it takes? Until then, quit your crying.
PC_You_Know Wrote:There's no salary cap in baseball. Maybe your team should get an owner who is dedicated to winning and will do whatever it takes? Until then, quit your crying.

Hey don't get mad...You asked a question and I answered...Truth hurts huh?
Yanks really do decide, that if the season is not going as well or them need one more big time players, they will just find the best player they can and throw as much money as possible into his lap.... In my opinion, for that horrible reason right there is why MLB has to have a salary cap. To keep a team like the Yankees and the Red Sox from cashing in where smaller market teams have to ACTUALLY develop their farm system. I guess for the rest of time, the Yankee will not have to worry about their farm system when they have the money and unlimited amount of money to get what ever player they want.

Thats it, come on Reds, show the MLB world how these we have developed our farm system in the best way possible.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Hey don't get mad...You asked a question and I answered...Truth hurts huh?

I asked a question? I don't believe I did. But if that's the truth you should feel the same way being a Laker's fan.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Yanks really do decide, that if the season is not going as well or them need one more big time players, they will just find the best player they can and throw as much money as possible into his lap.... In my opinion, for that horrible reason right there is why MLB has to have a salary cap. To keep a team like the Yankees and the Red Sox from cashing in where smaller market teams have to ACTUALLY develop their farm system. I guess for the rest of time, the Yankee will not have to worry about their farm system when they have the money and unlimited amount of money to get what ever player they want.

Thats it, come on Reds, show the MLB world how these we have developed our farm system in the best way possible.

So then why didn't we get Cliff Lee if we offered all the money in the world? We could have just paid the Mariners enough money to buy a new pitcher if that's how baseball works.

So basically you're saying the Yankees are doing baseball a favor and producing all these good prospects and then dealing them off?
Yankee's over Phillies in 6. A Rod gets MVP.

Hope I'm very wrong.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I asked a question? I don't believe I did. But if that's the truth you should feel the same way being a Laker's fan.

UMMMM....I don't think I ever said anything about people hating the Laker's. :zzz:
Captain Backdoor Wrote:UMMMM....I don't think I ever said anything about people hating the Laker's. :zzz:

Alright, well back to the topic. I asked a question?
Aslan Wrote:Yankee's over Phillies in 6. A Rod gets MVP.

Hope I'm very wrong.

I'm hoping you are right:biggrin:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Alright, well back to the topic. I asked a question?

Whoops...Sorry you didn't ask a question you was just replying...It was another poster my bad.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Whoops...Sorry you didn't ask a question you was just replying...It was another poster my bad.

You had me very lost.
If the Yankee's win another World Series this year...

I will hate baseball.
go braves
Pages: 1 2