Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Zydrunas Ilgauskas To The Heat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CLEVELAND - The Plain Dealer is reporting that after 14 years with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Zydrunas Ilgauskas will be heading to South Beach and joining LeBron James.

This comes just days after LeBron's announcement that he would be leaving Cleveland for the Miami Heat and playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
There were six teams vying for a chance at Z, including the Cavs.

The center was traded to the Wizards earlier this year, as part of a three-team deal that brought Antawn Jamison to Cleveland. Ilgauskas took a buyout and returned to the Cavs.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/baske...oin-lebron
Wow.... How will this effect the fans in Cleveland
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Wow.... How will this effect the fans in Cleveland

I don't even think it will effect them, they are still crushed over Lebron James leaving.
I'm guessing this is pretty official looking by at LeBron's twitter.

KingJames

Welcome Big Z. Glad u are joining me in South Beach my friend. Also thanks for the encouraging words big fella
about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter
IMO this really don't help the Heat much.
They really are trying to stack this team...
Ballers Wrote:I don't even think it will effect them, they are still crushed over Lebron James leaving.

I just thought that the fans would be a little "more" frustrated seeing a long staple and fan favorite will be going the same path as their past star!
Aslan Wrote:IMO this really don't help the Heat much.

In my view, this helps this team tremendously. It gives then a proven starting big man. Huge addition to this team.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:In my view, this helps this team tremendously. It gives then a proven starting big man. Huge addition to this team.

They added a 35 year old big man. Bosh is a big man that don't like to post up and big Z don't do much posting up either. Z hangs out by the 3 point line more than he does in the paint. The Heat needed a big physical player. JMO
Aslan Wrote:They added a 35 year old big man. Bosh is a big man that don't like to post up and big Z don't do much posting up either. Z hangs out by the 3 point line more than he does in the paint. The Heat needed a big physical player. JMO

Or else Orlando will still be the better team in Flordia
None the less, Big Z can still get rebounds... Unlike Howard and most other "physical" centers, he can shoot outside.. Don't see that from a lot of big guys like him cept' maybe Dirk.
Miami needs a physical big man for defensive purposes as Bosh is not a good defender of the 5. They do not need a back to the basket big man clogging up the paint for Lebron and Wade. Ilgauskas fits Miami's need because he can shoot outside and bring the opposing big man out of the paint.
Aslan Wrote:They added a 35 year old big man. Bosh is a big man that don't like to post up and big Z don't do much posting up either. Z hangs out by the 3 point line more than he does in the paint. The Heat needed a big physical player. JMO
In most cases I would agree with having a big physical guy in the middle but considering the players the Heat right now, Big Z only adds to the match up nightmare all their oppents will face this year. All these big, physical big men in the league for every other team will now have to step out and play some perimiter defense on Bosh and Z.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Miami needs a physical big man for defensive purposes as Bosh is not a good defender of the 5. They do not need a back to the basket big man clogging up the paint for Lebron and Wade. Ilgauskas fits Miami's need because he can shoot outside and bring the opposing big man out of the paint.
You must have saw a different Bosh than I have. I always thought he was a good man on defender. Yeah, he aint gonna stop Howard but who can.
Of course LA fans would not see this as a good addition to the Heat. Anything to make them, or others think Heat will not stir up any dust this year.
Ballers Wrote:Of course LA fans would not see this as a good addition to the Heat. Anything to make them, or others think Heat will not stir up any dust this year.

Big Z is a very good match-up against the Lakers. I just don't like Z against the Magic. All the Magic will do is put Lewis on Z and Howard on Bosh.
Stardust Wrote:Big Z is a very good match-up against the Lakers. I just don't like Z against the Magic. All the Magic will do is put Lewis on Z and Howard on Bosh.

Z should eat Lewis alive.. Howard and Bosh will be a mismatch.. But when it comes to the rest of the Heat they have noone to guard Lebron or Wade.. Then you have the 3 point threat with Mike Miller.
Ballers Wrote:Z should eat Lewis alive.. Howard and Bosh will be a mismatch.. But when it comes to the rest of the Heat they have noone to guard Lebron or Wade.. Then you have the 3 point threat with Mike Miller.

The only thing Z could do is post up on Lewis but Z is rarely in the paint. Lewis would guard Z by the 3 point line and Z would be a non factor.
Aslan Wrote:The only thing Z could do is post up on Lewis but Z is rarely in the paint. Lewis would guard Z by the 3 point line and Z would be a non factor.

We"ll see.. Lewis's game has went down tremendously.. If he can do anything it is in the post or play D.. His shot isn't what it used to be.
Ballers Wrote:We"ll see.. Lewis's game has went down tremendously.. If he can do anything it is in the post or play D.. His shot isn't what it used to be.

Lewis definitely didn't perform in the playoffs like the Magic needed him too.
Stardust Wrote:Big Z is a very good match-up against the Lakers. I just don't like Z against the Magic. All the Magic will do is put Lewis on Z and Howard on Bosh.

I agree. :Thumbs: I personally still think the Miami Heat will win against the Orlando Magic, but the Orlando Magic is going to be one of the toughest teams if not the toughest team to beat. Fast-breaking teams like the Boston Celtics might give the Miami Heat trouble also, determining on what the Miami Heat's lineup will be.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I agree. :Thumbs: I personally still think the Miami Heat will win against the Orlando Magic, but the Orlando Magic is going to be one of the toughest teams if not the toughest team to beat. Fast-breaking teams like the Boston Celtics might give the Miami Heat trouble also, determining on what the Miami Heat's lineup will be.

Great post, running teams that can shoot the three. I don't see this squad being able to defend the outside shot.
Stardust Wrote:Great post, running teams that can shoot the three. I don't see this squad being able to defend the outside shot.

Well I'm not sure if you can categorize them as a fast team anymore.. Sure Rondo can get it going, and Tony Allen did a pretty good job.. But he won't be returning will he? Nate is still there, but I wouldn't think of Boston as a "fast" team. They are more like an elderly team... :biggrin:
Ballers Wrote:Well I'm not sure if you can categorize them as a fast team anymore.. Sure Rondo can get it going, and Tony Allen did a pretty good job.. But he won't be returning will he? Nate is still there, but I wouldn't think of Boston as a "fast" team. They are more like an elderly team... :biggrin:

Lol, I agree with you, they are not fast. But, I did not say they were a fast team. They are a running team, which means a transition offense that can spot up outside and shoot the J. Those types of team will give the Heat problems.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, I agree with you, they are not fast. But, I did not say they were a fast team. They are a running team, which means a transition offense that can spot up outside and shoot the J. Those types of team will give the Heat problems.

I'll agree to what you said, but the guy before you said "Fast Breaking" teams.. not scoring in transition.. When it comes to transition yeah.. Ray Allen and Pierce are two of the toughest step back shooters in the East. Ray from 3, Pierce in the paint.
^ agree with you
Big Z is a nice addition to the Heat, but you cannot honestly expect much from him, as he'll average 17-20 minutes per game.

He's rather old and verrrry slow. But he still has a nice 15 ft jump shot.