Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Paintsville have a team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard from a good friend of mine and a reliable source that says only 12 players showed up today. I am not trying to stir anything up either, just wondering the repercussions if they don't have enough players. What about other teams that might have Paintsville on their schedule do they win by forfeit?
Even though they are currently low numbers, I would say Paintsville will get up to 20 kids pretty quickly. There are in the 7 on 7 tourney at Lawrence County. I guess we will see if they show up.
I believe the number you need to play a game with is 13. Without 13 players they will not be able to play. I could be wrong though, someone go check that.
WOW!! I never thought I would see the day that Paintsville would be in jeopardy of not having enough players to field a team! They were so tough once upon a time, its truly sad to see this.
School Admin. Wrote:WOW!! I never thought I would see the day that Paintsville would be in jeopardy of not having enough players to field a team! They were so tough once upon a time, its truly sad to see this.

This can't be true.
HAT51 Wrote:This can't be true.

I am telling you they had 12 players and that is hard to believe. I wonder if it is coaching or kids just not wanting to play?
My brother in law is an Paintsville Alum and lives there currently and he had told me earlier in the week that Paintsville not having enough for a team this year is a REAL possibility...Lawrence County opens the season against Paintsville in Louisa on August 20th..
When is the last time did this happen to any other teams?
Once school starts, I'm sure kids will come out.
What the new word? Have they got anymore out?
I heard they are going to pay the forfeit fees and push for a big soccer team. JK
Could it be some prospective players are diverting to Johnson Central, some of this is happening at some of other small schools in EKy?
I am sure that JC would not turn them down but they would not be eligible to play. Considering the the circumstance I believe that they should be able to transfer if they can not play at Paintsville.
So how many do they have out now?
Well Paintsville has a tough game to open up with traveling to Louisa to take on the Bulldogs. LC early on looking to be tough this year, daunting task for a Tigers squad. Didn't the Daniels kid from Paintsville transfer to LC, I heard he was playing football. Any truth to this?
Is coach Kinner still in charge?
There were a little over thirty kids at practice this morning. I think there are 12 seniors playing much less just 12 players.
That's good to hear, I would hate to see kids that have played their whole life and not get to play their senior year.
Did they go to the passing tourney, how did they do?
As long as the coaches and adminstration remain the same nothing will change. The decline of the athletics programs will continue till things change. They do not have one single coach there that is qualified to run a program. IMO there are many coaches out there that would love to be there but will never be given a chance.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:As long as the coaches and adminstration remain the same nothing will change. The decline of the athletics programs will continue till things change. They do not have one single coach there that is qualified to run a program. IMO there are many coaches out there that would love to be there but will never be given a chance.

Agreed. Rumor has it that after Allen was let go as the football coach that Chapman (who was at Breathitt Co) was interested...never given an interview. Look what he did in one season at Pike Central!
IRISH4 Wrote:Agreed. Rumor has it that after Allen was let go as the football coach that Chapman (who was at Breathitt Co) was interested...never given an interview. Look what he did in one season at Pike Central!

That is not a rumor it is truth. There was a behind the scenes deal that got Kinner the job and now the support he used to get the job is turning against him. I think when they let Allen go they set a in place what it takes to remain at paintsville and Kinner record speaks for itself. Paintsville needs major changes in all sports and they need them in a hurry!
Good luck
Sure they will have a team. Brown has funny ideas in his head.
Evil Eye Wrote:Sure they will have a team. Brown has funny ideas in his head.

Look here brother just stated facts and I am not the only one who also said that this could possibly happen. I hope that it don't ever come to that. Now as far as evil eye he is just jealous because he wishes he was an Eagle. Get over your self buddy and quit private messaging me.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Look here brother just stated facts and I am not the only one who also said that this could possibly happen. I hope that it don't ever come to that. Now as far as evil eye he is just jealous because he wishes he was an Eagle. Get over your self buddy and quit private messaging me.

You were not in the wrong at all there was a point when it was like you said.
such a shame. i can remember when when that little school would have more kids on the sideline than alot of the large schools. they were intimidating. and rightfully so they always put winners on the field. they used to beat pburg and JC regularly dont get me wrong, im not a paintville fan! matter of fact they were our biggest rival back in the day. its just a shame to see them fall so far from grace
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:As long as the coaches and adminstration remain the same nothing will change. The decline of the athletics programs will continue till things change. They do not have one single coach there that is qualified to run a program. IMO there are many coaches out there that would love to be there but will never be given a chance.

And you think you are qualified? What does your resume look like, other than "played at Paintsville"? If memory serves, you coached at Paintsville for what, a month? You were given a chance, what did ya do with it, other than curse the kids out everyday.
Redneck Wrote:And you think you are qualified? What does your resume look like, other than "played at Paintsville"? If memory serves, you coached at Paintsville for what, a month? You were given a chance, what did ya do with it, other than curse the kids out everyday.

I never cursed any kid out. But I will no longer post on paintsville threads any more. Seems you have me confused with someone else. However I have moved on. I still keep in touch with the p-ville coaches. So attack me all you want. But let it be known that i never cursed any kids out.
And for the record NO I do not think i'm qualified to be a head coach of a varsity team. But I do think I am a good asset to a program or I wouldnt be where i am at now. To say i cursed kids out is absurd. I guess thats why when i see them in public they always come running over to say hi.
Pages: 1 2