Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Grant County Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not to point anyone fingers at anyone what so ever but from rumors out there it sounds like Grant Co. could possibly struggle for the 2010 season. Not because of lack of talent either because they have tons of talent but from key players qutting due to problems going on from the coaching staff. This would be a shame for this program to lose there key players because from the looks at it, Grant could possibly make a good run this year. Any comments or has anyone heard anything else? Im in eastern kentucky hearing about this so i dont reckon im the only one
Quitting from problems from the coaching staff? I guess it depends what the problems are. Is the coaching staff telling them they need to be at practice everyday etc? Or something else. Has Grant every been any good in football?
Well I do not know what you are hearing but I know they had 37 kids pay for themselves to go to the 'Hawg Heaven" football camp. They returned Tuesday night and seemed very happy with their performance. I can say that I have heard the coaching staff is cracking down on the amount of kids missing practice and not being committed to the team. All the key elements that I have heard are coming back and they will be ready to go. They have added some seniors and will dress around their normal 55 to 60 kids maybe a few more. Over the past five years they have averaged 65 kids; more than any other year they have had. They dressed 74 last year and ended the season with 69. They will be just fine and after back to back winning seasons for the first time in school history, last year they were rebuilding but return a lot of young talent and should compete well the next couple of years.
and i can speak that grant has great football coaches
Most of the Male sports in Grant County has struggled the last few years. I am not sure if it is because of lack of talent or coaching problems. If players miss practice for no reason, I support the coach. Teaching Dedication is a part of a coaches job.
A revolving door of head coaches has not allowed this program to develop any continuity. Grant has been a temporary stop for many coaches as well as teachers in the past. Find some who are dedicated and willing to stay a while and you'll see more improvement.
Mike Davis has been there for a while. So thats not a problem for the football team.
Honestly, I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Grant County coaching staff. Coach Davis is a great coach who really connects with the kids. He gets them too work hard and play their best, If anything I think that the staff has improved from past years, So as to our "problems" I think that the lack of support from the people is our main downfall, they do not believe we can live up to our potential..but believe me, we can!!!! Braves For Life!!!!