Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dusty Baker might be the dumbest manager in baseball!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leave you rookie pitching in for a 9th inning when he is struggling with his control allowing for him to give up a three run homer and 4 runs in the inning. THEN afterward you pull your rookie pitcher for Cordero who consistently does not perform well in these kinds of save situations and then gives up a walk and two run homer to tie the game. Dont you just love his managing skills. One reason the Reds will not make the playoffs......... DUSTY FREAKING BAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devilflam:HitWall::ChairHit::redboxer:

Wait, inning after that. Two run homer to win the game for the Phills. Once again thanks Dusty, the situation with your rookie pitcher that you are trying to NOT burn out is too much to forgive...... TOO MUCH!!
Simply RIDICULOUS!
Leake should have been pulled after 8.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Leake should have been pulled after 8.

Exactly!!! Eve if he ran him out there again in the ninth why not pull after the FIRST RUN. NOT AFTER THE FIFTH RUN!!! Still it should not even came to that..... I can not believe it.
I agree, Leake deff shoulda been pulled after the 8th but everyone makes mistakes hopefully Dusty learns from this one. I like Dusty and hopefully his desicions will take us to the playoffs.
MVP2 Wrote:I agree, Leake deff shoulda been pulled after the 8th but everyone makes mistakes hopefully Dusty learns from this one. I like Dusty and hopefully his desicions will take us to the playoffs.

He has made so many poor decision like this one throughout the course of the whole year.... It is ultimately going to keep us from winning about 10-15 games and thus let the Cardinals take the division. I swear, that he does not learn from these kinds of things, situations that a normal person like me and you would know what to do. I think that they can make the playoffs and they are a playoff team but they are going to continue losing some games because of this guy.
MVP2 Wrote:I agree, Leake deff shoulda been pulled after the 8th but everyone makes mistakes hopefully Dusty learns from this one. I like Dusty and hopefully his desicions will take us to the playoffs.

Read a really good quote from someone who listened to the ESPN radio broadcast....
The announcer said "It's widely known around baseball that Dusty Baker is one of the best managers in the game. Till the game starts."

Thats really the only reason he is here..... The Players like him. I can see why but my goodness.
With a 7-1 lead you just can't expect thing's like this to happen...

I agree with the majority that Leake should have been taken out after the 8th.

But I'm not going to bash Leake or anything...he was fantastic tonight.

He has a 100 pitch limit...at the beginning of the 9th he had only thrown 84 pitches...which is also good.

I don't think he was tired...he just left a couple meatballs that got hit out.

The bullpen tho...yeesh....needs fixed plain & simple.
J-Rod Wrote:With a 7-1 lead you just can't expect thing's like this to happen...

I agree with the majority that Leake should have been taken out after the 8th.

But I'm not going to bash Leake or anything...he was fantastic tonight.

He has a 100 pitch limit...at the beginning of the 9th he had only thrown 84 pitches...which is also good.

I don't think he was tired...he just left a couple meatballs that got hit out.

The bullpen tho...yeesh....needs fixed plain & simple.

Completely agree!!! 100% in no way is it Leake's fault or should the blame be placed on him at all. Like you said he was over the limit for pitches and after the Reds upper management said that he will be rested every chance, Dusty runs him out for the 9th. Why not take him out when his pitch control is failing...... ?

I just hope these loses do not come back to bite.
Dusty is notorious for killing young pitchers ARMS
Grand Slam Wrote:Dusty is notorious for killing young pitchers ARMS

Did he do that kind of Crap in Chicago and San Fran? He may end up costing us the division with these in game decisions.
He destroyed Mark Priors career in chicago and didnt help Kerry Wood
^ Yes he did. Ask the Giants what they thought of him. It took them 10 years to gain a pitching staff after he put most of them on the DL
^ Thought so..... Ugh this is going to be a long second half.
This is Baker's last year under contract...

If the Reds falter in the 2nd half...I think somebody new is coming in.
In my opinion, Dusty has to be blamed if we do not make the playoffs..... Their at least ten games or so throughout the first alone that his decision or lack there of, cost us the game whether it is a horrible pitching change or a missed pitching change (See Leake last Friday) or the decision to continuously start the same struggling bats game in and game out (Cabarea), placing them in key points in the batting order.

At least 10 games have been lost to those kinds of things, and that would be enought to give us a comfortable led right now instead of a .5 game lead.
Well Dusty also messed up by keeping the other staff on board when he got hired and I think a couple of them have worked for the past three managers