Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 Draft Positions set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Houston Texans (2-14)
2. New Orleans Saints (3-13)
3. Tennessee Titans (4-12)
4. New York Jets (4-12)
5. Green Bay Packers (4-12)

The San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders, both 4-12, will be 6th and 7th but thier order hasn't been set.
"MR.INCREDIBLE" Wrote:1. Houston Texans (2-14)
2. New Orleans Saints (3-13)
3. Tennessee Titans (4-12)
4. New York Jets (4-12)
5. Green Bay Packers (4-12)

The San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders, both 4-12, will be 6th and 7th but thier order hasn't been set.

i think it will look something like this

Houston Texans- Reggie Bush
New Orleans-Matt Lienart/Vince Young
Tenesee Titans-Lienart/Young
NYJ-but Curtis Martin is getting old, so a runningback is probable.
GB-no clue, they will be pretty solid all around next year, but were very injury plagues this season.
SF-Runningback,or a good DT
Oakland-quarterback possibly Brady Quinn?
Brady Quinn will be returning next season from everything I have heard so I don't think he'll be drafted this season. There is also a very good OL out there in Ferguson who could see going high in the draft. It is also not certain Young will go pro either so he may be an available selection either.

I could very easily see GB taking a WR or OL because those have been their biggest weaknesses this past season.

I don't think Houston will actually make the #1 selection. I believe they will be trading down somewhere in the draft getting a great deal for whoever is willing to give the most for Bush. I believe the Texans will take the OL Ferguson.

So my prediction:

1. Texans - Trade down but eventually get OL D'brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia) (but #1 selection will be Reggie Bush (USC) to the highest bidder)
2. Saints - QB Matt Leinart (USC)
3. Titans - QB Vince Young (Texas)
4. Jets - RB Lawrence Marooney (Minnesota)
5. Packets - WR Santonio Holmes (Ohio State)
6. 49ers - RB DeAngelo Williams (Memphis)
7. Raiders - ???

I'm sure that I'm not even close, and one of these teams will actually move into the #1 spot shaking up the RBs but that's what I predict for now.
i dont think that anyone who has the oppertunity to draft Bush (areguably the best college player EVER) that they can trade down for another pick imo. i say they pick him and trade him if anyhting.
Tomcat Alum u were talkin about the Jets getting a RB b/c Curtis Martin is getting too old....I would go after D'Angelo Williams if I were the Jets....but I think if Texas doesnt win the National Championship that Vince Young will stay for his Senior season
"-STAT-" Wrote:Tomcat Alum u were talkin about the Jets getting a RB b/c Curtis Martin is getting too old....I would go after D'Angelo Williams if I were the Jets....but I think if Texas doesnt win the National Championship that Vince Young will stay for his Senior season

true- and why not. i mean if he doesent get the national title, and he comes back next eason, he will win the heisman, and more than likely the championship then. and yes Dangelo williams would be a very good choice
I don't know...if Bush does go to the Texans he is going to get killed, because they don't really have an Offensive Line.
I Think the texans will take a lineman in d'Brickashaw Fergusson and the saints will get reggie.
1.) texans- trade down to get brick so they will have to pay less
2.)saints- linehart/young(if he goes) if not brody coyle will be a good choice though projected 2nd
3.)titans- jay cutler
4.)jets- deangelo williams or jerome harrison (i bleave thats his last name)
5.)packers- santonio holmes
6.)49ers- something defensive probably
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:1.) texans- trade down to get brick so they will have to pay less
2.)saints- linehart/young(if he goes) if not brody coyle will be a good choice though projected 2nd
3.)titans- jay cutler
4.)jets- deangelo williams or jerome harrison (i bleave thats his last name)
5.)packers- santonio holmes
6.)49ers- something defensive probably

are u really gonna say taht reggie bush isnt gonna be drafted in the top 5? GET REAL
"Tomcat Alumni" Wrote:are u really gonna say taht reggie bush isnt gonna be drafted in the top 5? GET REAL

He's saying that a team outside of the top 5 will make a trade up to the #1 spot for Reggie. In turn, the Texans will take a lower draft spot where they will still be able to get Ferguson, but since he's a lower pick, wouldn't have to get paid as much.
the texans should trade the top pick for possibly two first rounders to a desperate jets team...curtis martin is getting injury prone and as we all know his better years are behind him...

i mean the texans already have a good young back in dominick davis who is constantly getting better. so if ur the gm of texans to make the best decision for ur franchise u need to draft lower for a top notch OL to protect carr whose been sacked 120+ times this season and some defensive players to help out that 31st ranked D in the NFL...

reggie bush is probably one of the greatest players ever to play college football but he probably will have no immediate impact for his team...he is probably 2-3 years down the road...

i no it would be hard to pass this guy up but whoever the new coach for houston will be, i think tradin down has to be the best option in making ur team better, getting into the playoffs, and subsquently keeping his coaching job.
"Tomcat68" Wrote:He's saying that a team outside of the top 5 will make a trade up to the #1 spot for Reggie. In turn, the Texans will take a lower draft spot where they will still be able to get Ferguson, but since he's a lower pick, wouldn't have to get paid as much.

exactly
I would really like for Vince Young to go to the draft and get pick 3rd by the Titans because thats my fav. nfl team
after the game VY had againist USC he could possibly be number 1!