Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Obama vs. Arizona
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yet another example of 0bama's efforts to polarize Americans as he panders to Hispanic voters by suing the people of Arizona who seek to live in peace with our southern neighbor. What's next, an executive order granting amnesty and citizenship to illegal aliens?

Most legal experts say that this suit has no chance of succeeding, so it is also another example of 0bama squandering tax dollars while fighting against justice.

Quote:[INDENT]Obama vs. Arizona: The President is fighting a reckless war that will backfire politically

The Obama administration is getting quite the reputation for bucking the wishes of the people. From pushing through an unpopular health care bill to imposing a moratorium on offshore drilling that's costing the already-suffering gulf region precious jobs, it has refused to back down when it comes to the will of the masses.

Now, President Obama's Justice Department has decided to sue the State of Arizona over its new law targeting illegal aliens, when a majority of the public favors the legislation, leaving many to wonder if the increasingly detached White House has gone too far.

The administration says its lawsuit is all about the law; Arizona, it says, is trying to enforce immigration statutes - which is the federal government's job alone.

It's hard to believe from a President who has already shaken the finger of moral disapproval at the bill.

Rather, anyone with basic political sense can see the move for what it is: a purely political maneuver intended to invigorate Hispanic voters - a key piece of the Democratic base - in time for the November elections. Obama is hoping that a bloody judicial showdown on immigration will translate into high turnout for Democrats. And that could be enough to sustain Democratic majorities in Congress.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2010...z0tB2L2Pta[/INDENT]
I love the Arizona Law.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I love the Arizona Law.
:Thumbs: I am strongly in favor of streamlining our legal immigration process. We should be controlling our borders and allowing people in who will contribute to our society. Most of the illegal immigrants fit that category, but our federal government has a duty to keep the gangsters out.

This is an issue that I blame equally on Republicans and Democrats. It is laughable that John McCain is able to take a get tough on illegal immigrants position position every 6 years and still get elected. He and Bush teamed with Teddy the Swimmer to push amnesty and thankfully their constituents shamed them into withdrawing their support for the bill. Nobody is less credible than McCain on immigration issues - not even 0bama.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: I am strongly in favor of streamlining our legal immigration process. We should be controlling our borders and allowing people in who will contribute to our society. Most of the illegal immigrants fit that category, but our federal government has a duty to keep the gangsters out.

This is an issue that I blame equally on Republicans and Democrats. It is laughable that John McCain is able to take a get tough on illegal immigrants position position every 6 years and still get elected. He and Bush teamed with Teddy the Swimmer to push amnesty and thankfully their constituents shamed them into withdrawing their support for the bill. Nobody is less credible than McCain on immigration issues - not even 0bama.

I think i was watching the daily show last night and they was making fun of McCain for changing his story on immigration so many times.

I have no problem for someone to become a legal american. But when are streets are flooded with them working every job known to man where are we to work? i mean an employer is going to hire 3 mexicans at the price of 1 american.