Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vikings fire Tice after win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The Minnesota Vikings fired coach Mike Tice after Sunday's victory over Chicago.

you can read the rest of the article here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao...&type=lgns
wow....new news to me
I figured he would after the way the last two seasons have went.
As probably the lone Vikings fan here, I'm quite upset over the firing. This has been by far his best coaching season. I'm fairly certain this has been the best record (9-7) they've ac***ulated under his tenure, and remember this is without Daunte Culpepper or Randy Moss while dealing with his own problems with scalping SuperBowl Tickets, "The Cruise" fiasco, an almost entirely new defensive unit, and a new owner.

This team has been playing great for the last 2 months. They won 6 in a row behind backup QB Brad Johnson. Then lost a good played game against Pittsburgh where they were just not able to score in the redzone. Followed by a tough loss to Baltimore which had a great 2 game run with Kyle Boller playing the best of his career. Yet this week are able to bounce back against division champion, superbowl calibre defense, #2 seeded NFC team (I think, there are several other teams with the same record and with this loss it may very well drop them), hated rival, Chicago Bears (11-5) 34-10.

By bringing in a new coach to above .500 teams, there is normally a growing pains period which may set the whole franchise back a season or 2.
I think the cruise was the final straw. I know you can't watch over so called grown men all the time but your still responsible for them. Not to mention so of the previous season collapses. Wish he would have gotten at least one more season but it really didn't surprise me.
It was a good season for both Tice and Minnesota but you can't have a good season every 3 years, you must keep a decent record every year.