Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Campbellsville-2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not looking good for the Eagles in 2010. Rumors are that not many kids 19- kids have shown up for spring training. Opening up against the Bobcats of Breathitt will not be good either.
Cobb will make miracles happen.
I think Cobb and the staff he has put together will kill the program. They had things moving in the right direction, but this year could be the death blow to the program. Most of his new staff are the retreads that they got rid of when Wiseman was fired. I don't know if they'll ever be above .500 again.
Jackson05 Wrote:I think Cobb and the staff he has put together will kill the program. They had things moving in the right direction, but this year could be the death blow to the program. Most of his new staff are the retreads that they got rid of when Wiseman was fired. I don't know if they'll ever be above .500 again.
Heard from a good source that the number was around 12 that have shown up so far. I hope things get better or they will have to forfeit some games IMO and I am looking forward to seeing my Bobcats play here August 21st.
Jackson05 Wrote:I think Cobb and the staff he has put together will kill the program. They had things moving in the right direction, but this year could be the death blow to the program. Most of his new staff are the retreads that they got rid of when Wiseman was fired. I don't know if they'll ever be above .500 again.

I hate to hear that the start has been rocky, but give Cobb the benefit of the doubt (and some time). After all, I remember another CHS coach who ended up having to forfeit a game or two due to low numbers.

Perhaps you've heard of him . . . Chuck Smith.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I hate to hear that the start has been rocky, but give Cobb the benefit of the doubt (and some time). After all, I remember another CHS coach who ended up having to forfeit a game or two due to low numbers.

I hope you are "right" about this. I hate to have a football team in my city struggle as Campbellsville seems to be on their way to doing. I am no way saying anything bad about Cobb, but what has he done that makes him so valuable a coach? Has he won a title? I realize he made KCC a winner for a couple of seasons, but anyone can have a class or two in 10-20 seasons that is competitive. Overall, his record was onlt about .500 at KCC. I still think that his move to go to Campbellsville and leave KCC hanging was classless. But I hope he is the coach everyone says he is for Campbellsville High School.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I hate to hear that the start has been rocky, but give Cobb the benefit of the doubt (and some time). After all, I remember another CHS coach who ended up having to forfeit a game or two due to low numbers.

Don't remember Chuck having great success there.
excited to see Joe McKenzie, the senior WR/DB perform in 2010! I think they will be just fine with him, Hoskins, Novak and Taylor. EKU and WKU seem very interested in McKenzie..any early word on where he's leaning toward yet?
Chuck had a terrible record at Campbellsville. The problem is that they had the best record they'd had in a while last year and all that momentum is lost because of the staff Cobb has brought in.
I think I seen him at Lindsey Wilson senior prospect camp.
How did the first week of practice for the Eagles shape up? Are numbers improving?

Hope the transition to a new staff is going smoothly.