Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville's Kicker Zack Vanhoose is #5 in the nation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations to #9 Zack Vanhoose on 2 National High School Records for the Longest Hangtime on a Kickoff (4.3 Seconds) and Longest Field Goal (63 Yards) to put him as #5 in America! Zack will be a Junior this upcoming year. In the 2011 Post season, he will go back and try to get 3/3 by breaking the Kickoff Distance Record (80 Yards). He holds all 3 in the state of Kentucky

http://www.prokicker.com/rankings/highschool/kickers
Thats awesome.... Looks like his field goal accuracy, is actually what brought him DOWN to 5th...... He is better in every category
Looking forward to watching this kid play in the upcoming season.
If...Then Wrote:Congratulations to #9 Zack Vanhoose on 2 National High School Records for the Longest Hangtime on a Kickoff (4.3 Seconds) and Longest Field Goal (63 Yards) to put him as #5 in America! Zack will be a Junior this upcoming year. In the 2011 Post season, he will go back and try to get 3/3 by breaking the Kickoff Distance Record (80 Yards). He holds all 3 in the state of Kentucky

http://www.prokicker.com/rankings/highschool/kickers

Thanks for sharing this info. Great news not only for him,but our school as well!
Im glad to share with everyone that there is talent in the mountains.

TATE, your right. He missed 2 field goals. If he had made both of them he would of been #1
And ,as a junior he can get even better.:Thumbs:
I have known this kid for years and his family. There are no other better people then them. You could tell from the start soccer or football that the kid was going to be succesful because of his work ethic and willingness to learn. His father Joe Dan has really raised some good young men and I am happy to see that Zack is getting the recognition he deserves. Now Joker needs to get him to sign lol
I'm confused... He has the record for longest field goal in kentucky?
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I'm confused... He has the record for longest field goal in kentucky?

For the camp. I thought the same thing when I first read the thread.
not just the camp he has the record for Kentucky and the nation...
Probably the smoothest kicker I've seen at the high school level.
So he has kicked a fieldgoal longer than 58 yards in a game?
cvbnm Wrote:not just the camp he has the record for Kentucky and the nation...

The state record in Kentucky, in a high school game, is 58 yards by Aaron Pettrey of Raceland against Berea. The record by this boy from Pikeville did not occur in a game, it was a camp record.
If the record were based off of just out on the field kicking it would be alot longer than 58 yards.. Trust me..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:If the record were based off of just out on the field kicking it would be alot longer than 58 yards.. Trust me..
Don't worry. Your record is safe. Forgive the OP for sharing some good news about our kicker!
I have no problem with it.. I wish all the best for him.. I honestly thought maybe he had broke the record and I missed it somewhere.. And it's not my record. I was playing left end when it happened not kicker Smile
Zack plans to try and beat the 58 yarder this season. It would be East Kentucky epic!
Congratulations
Great kid and great family , i wish him the very best this year.
Hopefully the Buckeyes have him on their short list after watching the spring game he most likely would be the starting kicker his freshman year.
GREAT NEWS! always a good feeling seeing players from the bluegrass nationally ranked!
good 4 him on bein da #5 kicker in america but pikevillie will still never get past belfry , but still he will prob. make it big time
cbostic32 Wrote:good 4 him on bein da #5 kicker in america but pikevillie will still never get past belfry , but still he will prob. make it big time
Yes, I can see how this was relevant.
cbostic32 Wrote:good 4 him on bein da #5 kicker in america but pikevillie will still never get past belfry , but still he will prob. make it big time

?????
I told everyone last year that Zach was already a better kicker than Lones Seiber and hes just a Junior! The kid will be a serious weapon for the Panthers this season.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I told everyone last year that Zach was already a better kicker than Lones Seiber and hes just a Junior! The kid will be a serious weapon for the Panthers this season.

He's going to be fun to watch this season.
Its hard to get past me about how he should be #1. Just 2 more completed field goals and he would of had it. I bet thats on his back

His mailbox should be full come the 2010 post season
No dought about it, and we'll be hearing more and more about this kid as the season rolls on.
Congradulations to this young man. If pikeville gets in the red zone and cant punch the TD in then they got a for sure 3 points which is good too have.
For Sure! All too often the kicking game is overlooked. Good to know it can make a difference in the game.
Pages: 1 2