Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jude, Jamerson Top Lists Of Returning Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
by Kevin B. Conley
KHS GameNight Publisher

PAINTSVILLE, Ky. - The beginning of every football season brings with it dreams of post-season glory, championship rings and home-town victory parades. However, before legends are born and champions are crowned, pre-season accolades and predictions will become the norm as the upcoming season approaches.

As we look ahead, individual players begin to take center stage as the main players in the production that will be the 2010 high school football season.

While most of the state-wide focus centers around athletes from central and northern Kentucky, returning mountain athletes top the leader board in three main offensive categories.

Rushing

JJ Jude (Jr., Johnson Central) enters the 2010 season as the top returning rusher in the state. Jude finished the 2009 campaign with 1906 yards and 16 touchdowns, averaging 146.6 yards per game on 243 carries. Jude will see the bulk of the carries for the Golden Eagles in 2010 and with the departure of Nathan Dillon will be counted on to produce at the same rate in his junior year.

Two other Johnson Central ball carriers also make the list of top returning rushers.

JK Hall (Sr., Johnson Central) brings his 1472 yards to the Golden Eagle backfield as he returns under center for coach Jim Matney’s squad this season. Hall averaged 113.2 yards per game in 2009, scoring 23 TDs in 13 games. Hall is the fourth leading rusher entering this season.

Tanner Bratton (Sr., Johnson Central) will pound the middle again this season for Johnson Central. Bratton’s 819 yards in 2009 rank him as the 18th leading rusher entering 2010. The senior scored seven TDs while averaging 6.7 yards per carry and 63 yards per game last season on 122 touches.

Receiving

Joseph Jamerson (Jr., Prestonsburg) was the favorite target of now-departed QB Michael Burchett. Jamerson’s 839 yards through the air in 2009 makes him the leading returning receiver this season. He scored 10 TDs and averaged 16 yards per catch last season.

Scoring

Johnson Central’s Hall tops the list of returning scorers, accounting for 12.3 points per game in 2009 for the Golden Eagles. Halls scored 25 Tds, scoring 160 points on the year

Prestonsburg’s Jamerson is the third returning scoring 134 points on 12 TDs and 54 PATs . Jamerson averaged 9.6 points per game.

Jude, in addition to being the top returning rusher in the state, is the 11th returning scorer, averaging 7.4 points per game last season.

These are just a few of the names to be watching in 2010, but these players are among the best in the state and will be key contributors to their teams as they march toward the post season.

Kentucky High School GameNight
khsgamenight Wrote:by Kevin B. Conley
KHS GameNight Publisher

PAINTSVILLE, Ky. - The beginning of every football season brings with it dreams of post-season glory, championship rings and home-town victory parades. However, before legends are born and champions are crowned, pre-season accolades and predictions will become the norm as the upcoming season approaches.

As we look ahead, individual players begin to take center stage as the main players in the production that will be the 2010 high school football season.

While most of the state-wide focus centers around athletes from central and northern Kentucky, returning mountain athletes top the leader board in three main offensive categories.

Rushing

JJ Jude (Jr., Johnson Central) enters the 2010 season as the top returning rusher in the state. Jude finished the 2009 campaign with 1906 yards and 16 touchdowns, averaging 146.6 yards per game on 243 carries. Jude will see the bulk of the carries for the Golden Eagles in 2010 and with the departure of Nathan Dillon will be counted on to produce at the same rate in his junior year.

Two other Johnson Central ball carriers also make the list of top returning rushers.

JK Hall (Sr., Johnson Central) brings his 1472 yards to the Golden Eagle backfield as he returns under center for coach Jim Matney’s squad this season. Hall averaged 113.2 yards per game in 2009, scoring 23 TDs in 13 games. Hall is the fourth leading rusher entering this season.

Tanner Bratton (Sr., Johnson Central) will pound the middle again this season for Johnson Central. Bratton’s 819 yards in 2009 rank him as the 18th leading rusher entering 2010. The senior scored seven TDs while averaging 6.7 yards per carry and 63 yards per game last season on 122 touches.

Receiving

Joseph Jamerson (Jr., Prestonsburg) was the favorite target of now-departed QB Michael Burchett. Jamerson’s 839 yards through the air in 2009 makes him the leading returning receiver this season. He scored 10 TDs and averaged 16 yards per catch last season.

Scoring

Johnson Central’s Hall tops the list of returning scorers, accounting for 12.3 points per game in 2009 for the Golden Eagles. Halls scored 25 Tds, scoring 160 points on the year

Prestonsburg’s Jamerson is the third returning scoring 134 points on 12 TDs and 54 PATs . Jamerson averaged 9.6 points per game.

Jude, in addition to being the top returning rusher in the state, is the 11th returning scorer, averaging 7.4 points per game last season.

These are just a few of the names to be watching in 2010, but these players are among the best in the state and will be key contributors to their teams as they march toward the post season.
Seems to me all your focus is on JC and not the rest of the mountain schools.
Batpuff Wrote:Seems to me all your focus is on JC and not the rest of the mountain schools.

Cry me a river and grow up. I'm sorry but everything can't be about your beloved bulldogs.Face it you could care less about the " rest of mountain schools" You only care about Lawrence County and that's okay but don't start pouting when someone else talks about other teams. These guys do a great service to our area schools and they don't deserve this bull.If I'm not mistaken they had your head coach on there show last year and many others. Nice job, way to represent the site... Unbelievable.
There may be some surprises from other returning players from the mountains!
Don Carlo Wrote:Cry me a river and grow up. I'm sorry but everything can't be about your beloved bulldogs.Face it you could care less about the " rest of mountain schools" You only care about Lawrence County and that's okay but don't start pouting when someone else talks about other teams. These guys do a great service to our area schools and they don't deserve this bull.If I'm not mistaken they had your head coach on there show last year and many others. Nice job, way to represent the site... Unbelievable.

To start with did I once say anything what so ever about Lawrence Co.. NO All I said was there was more schools in the area then JC.... If I am not mistaken.. Sheldon Clark, Pike Central, Belfry, and Shelby Valley are going to be really good.. but dont spout off at the mouth when there was nothing said other then it seemed to me that there was more schools out there then JC.
So your the one that needs to grow up a bit.
Batpuff Wrote:To start with did I once say anything what so ever about Lawrence Co.. NO All I said was there was more schools in the area then JC.... If I am not mistaken.. Sheldon Clark, Pike Central, Belfry, and Shelby Valley are going to be really good.. but dont spout off at the mouth when there was nothing said other then it seemed to me that there was more schools out there then JC.

You don't have to say anything about Lawrence County because believe me most of us know where your loyalty is. What's wrong with him putting some info about Johnson Central on here... It's his show and website so I guess he can do anything that he wants and who are you to question it? I'm not spouting off at the mouth I was just commenting on the whining in your previous post. Since you know it all why don't you give us some info on Sheldon Clark, Pike Central,Belfry, and Shelby Valley. If anyone questions your posts you get all touchy and start throwing some weight around but how is it any different when you question others? It's not and I can't for the life of me understand why it's allowed. You've been in more arguments on this site than twenty of us combined so you're the one that needs to grow up and realize that every thread can't mention your dawgs or as you put it "other mountain schools" .

Since you're so concerned for the other schools in the area I can't wait to here your preseason analysis on them.
Batpuff Wrote:To start with did I once say anything what so ever about Lawrence Co.. NO All I said was there was more schools in the area then JC.... If I am not mistaken.. Sheldon Clark, Pike Central, Belfry, and Shelby Valley are going to be really good.. but dont spout off at the mouth when there was nothing said other then it seemed to me that there was more schools out there then JC.

Wishing the dogs would step up and play Jc.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Wishing the dogs would step up and play Jc.
They tried to get them on the schedule last year but LC couldnt get out of any of the contracts they had already signed... I know he wants to play them.. We are playing them in JV and freshman this year. Hopefully next year he will be able to make it happen.
Batpuff Wrote:They tried to get them on the schedule last year but LC couldnt get out of any of the contracts they had already signed... I know he wants to play them.. We are playing them in JV and freshman this year. Hopefully next year he will be able to make it happen.

Would be a great rivalry between the two schools don't you think? I hope this series does get started back up.
The article was not meant to be biased toward one school or another. I was just looking at some of the returning players and where they ranked in certain statistical categories in 2009. These were the players that stood out to me as I went through the rankings. If I missed anyone let me know and I will ammend the article. Prestonsburg and Johnson Central were the only two mountain schools among the rankings.
khsgamenight Wrote:The article was not meant to be biased toward one school or another. I was just looking at some of the returning players and where they ranked in certain statistical categories in 2009. These were the players that stood out to me as I went through the rankings. If I missed anyone let me know and I will ammend the article. Prestonsburg and Johnson Central were the only two mountain schools among the rankings.

Great article KHSGamenight. I love your show and the statewide coverage you all provide. You cant make everyone happy.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Wishing the dogs would step up and play Jc.

Wont happen. They will stick to there cupcake schedule to make people believe their was a real turn around in LC football. Just a cupcake schedule.
Kayaker Wrote:Wont happen. They will stick to there cupcake schedule to make people believe their was a real turn around in LC football. Just a cupcake schedule.
OK if you say so... Yes the schedule was changed from what we were playing,, which was one of the toughest schedules in this area... You have to have teams on there you should beat when you have went 4 years and only won 3 games..
But still it wasnt a cupcake..... Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley Rowan Co. Boyd Co.,,cant help about East Carter they was added to the district...
First off, I can't possibly see how someone reads this and feels like it is leaving out other mountain schools. He clearly stated it was from 09 state statistics. Second, I don't want LC on the JC schedule. We need to continue to play Boyle and Bell and Belfry to make us stronger when we face Northern and Western Ky teams. No disrespect to LC but they just aren't at our level right now. I wish all mountain teams the best but sometimes all fans need to be realistic including myself.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:First off, I can't possibly see how someone reads this and feels like it is leaving out other mountain schools. He clearly stated it was from 09 state statistics. Second, I don't want LC on the JC schedule. We need to continue to play Boyle and Bell and Belfry to make us stronger when we face Northern and Western Ky teams. No disrespect to LC but they just aren't at our level right now. I wish all mountain teams the best but sometimes all fans need to be realistic including myself.

Man I'm one of the biggest JC fans on here and I would love to have Lawrence County on our schedule. Sure they may not be a Boyle or Bell County but it would be a great local rivalry for both communities. And one more thing the our level comment is absurd. These types of comments reeks with arrogance and is one of the reasons why people from other schools gets on here and rags on us like no other when we lose a game. We started out 0-4 last year but finally turned it around so I don't get the our level comment at all. What level do you think we're on? We've still got a long way to go to reach the level that we want.

I would love to see more games with local teams such as Lawrence, Letcher Central, Harlan County, Perry Central, Prestonsburg or Russell. Our current district alignment sucks because the only interesting game is against Ashland. When I say interesting game I mean as a rivalry with a great crowd so please I hope know one takes me the wrong way. With travel costs the way they are these days a team shouldn't have to travel two to three hours for a game when there is enough quality teams in North and Southeastern Ky to fill a schedule and imagine the crowds at these games. Look what a JC vs. Lawrence County,Letcher Central or Prestonsburg crowd would bring. Now compare that to a JC vs. Montgomery or Woodford County. It's not even close. Sorry to rant on, I'll get off my soap box now.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:First off, I can't possibly see how someone reads this and feels like it is leaving out other mountain schools. He clearly stated it was from 09 state statistics. Second, I don't want LC on the JC schedule. We need to continue to play Boyle and Bell and Belfry to make us stronger when we face Northern and Western Ky teams. No disrespect to LC but they just aren't at our level right now. I wish all mountain teams the best but sometimes all fans need to be realistic including myself.

Don Carlo Wrote:Man I'm one of the biggest JC fans on here and I would love to have Lawrence County on our schedule. Sure they may not be a Boyle or Bell County but it would be a great local rivalry for both communities. And one more thing the our level comment is absurd. These types of comments reeks with arrogance and is one of the reasons why people from other schools gets on here and rags on us like no other when we lose a game. We started out 0-4 last year but finally turned it around so I don't get the our level comment at all. What level do you think we're on? We've still got a long way to go to reach the level that we want.

I would love to see more games with local teams such as Lawrence, Letcher Central, Harlan County, Perry Central, Prestonsburg or Russell. Our current district alignment sucks because the only interesting game is against Ashland. When I say interesting game I mean as a rivalry with a great crowd so please I hope know one takes me the wrong way. With travel costs the way they are these days a team shouldn't have to travel two to three hours for a game when there is enough quality teams in North and Southeastern Ky to fill a schedule and imagine the crowds at these games. Look what a JC vs. Lawrence County,Letcher Central or Prestonsburg crowd would bring. Now compare that to a JC vs. Montgomery or Woodford County. It's not even close. Sorry to rant on, I'll get off my soap box now.

I didn't say LC was a bad program i simply stated they are not on the level JC is currently. In years past it was flip-flopped. I am not arrogant nor am i an ignorant person. You can call it absurd or whatever you like but it is the simple truth. I can say the same things i've said about LC about JC when compared to other schools like Highland. JC is not the almighty powerhouse of the state but currently we are in my opinion on a different level than LC. I also don't understand this local mentality. Yeah it would make for bigger crowds but not for better football. If you remember it wasn't long ago when we had an interesting rivalry with BS(now 6A) and Wood. Co. plus it was good football. I don't like the drive but i make it. So yeah if we start 0-4 this year i once again will read people downing my program but i don't want a watered down schedule like we have played in the past to be 8-2 or better. If you want to get to a higher level you play up in non-district competition not down. Good luck this year to the Eagles and every other mountain team.