Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville's new coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard who the new baseball coach might be for the Paintsville Tigers ?
Many names are being circulated. More than likely the school Will make a choice that is convenient and probably not considerate to a positive athletic program.Politics may be more of a concern than ability to coach and direct young men. If you take the administration at face value ,don't look for one to be named before school starts.
There were several who applied for the head coaching position. Two of those being this past season's staff. One would think that the school would need to name the head coach soon in order to get his schedule lined out. I am anxious to see who they name though.
I couldn'T agree with you more Lefty. I am afraid that the powers that be are in no hurry. Would have been nice to have a coach on board and a travel team for the summer. That is not going to happen and I don"t think it ever has. Apathy is perhaps a good word in the athletic realm at the ville.
I totally agree.........apathy!
The new coach will more than likely be someone that can be controlled by those in administration or can control the adminsistration. Several people have applied, some with Varsity Baseball Head Coaching experience, but that may not mean anything........it may come down to the one that has the right number number on speed dial.
It's a shame that a once powerful Class A school can't compete in the major sports level in their area, let alone the state and I honestly can't blame the coaches. No school spirit, no checks and balances, just run it and keep down problems and they're happy..............No Dirty Laundry is the key phrase.
Heard they have a coach...not sure if it's true. Rumor has it, that David VanHoose will be the skipper.
Enough already, has Paintsville hired a new coach or not.
Joker Wrote:Enough already, has Paintsville hired a new coach or not.

If they have it hasn't been made public. Makes one wonder just what is going on.
Well 15th baseball fans !!! The time must be growing close for the new man to take the reigns,lead or whatever you choose to call. Much street gossip this a.m. has the announcement forth coming maybe as early as tomorrow.Good and I mean good information has it that it will not be ,Connie Mack,Leo Durocher or Sparky Anderson.We may be able to get closer than you think. Anyway Best of luck to the Tiger baseball program.
new coach has been named, according to facebook it's John Doug Miller
You are correct............Coach Miller is at the helm.
How official is this? Just a week or so ago, there was a post that David Vanhoose was the skipper.
It's so Official it's true. Place a bet on it and win a few extra dollars!
Well, if John Doug is the Head coach, who will be by his side?
Omg!
Congrats. Coach.Could not have been a better choice.Best of luck and we will see you at the Apple park in three years. Only wish this decision would have been made much earlier.
Not upset with choice, if true, just wondering why administration took so long to decide?
It is official. John Doug Miller...who was quite the standout in high school and college, will be the next baseball coach at Paintsville. Quite surprising, but a good hire for the program. I do know it was offered to a person(s) but they decided to turn it down for one reason or another. Best of luck to the Tiger program and hope they return to a respectable program that was left to Howard by the late Charlie Adkins.
It's a very good hire for Paintsville High School baseball. Congrats Coach Miller and best of luck!
Joker Wrote:Well, if John Doug is the Head coach, who will be by his side?

Craig Ratliff and Adam Davis (believe that's his name)
Looks like 2 of the 3 were good choices
Chaos_Theory Wrote:Craig Ratliff and Adam Davis (believe that's his name)

Ratliff for sure.Dont know Davis
Joker Wrote:Looks like 2 of the 3 were good choices
It will be a different team forsure He wont take no bull from kids or moms and dads go pville