Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best of Eastern Ky 7 on 7 Passing Tournament @ Lawrence County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who's going?
When is it?
Its July 16 and 17th. I think there is 7 teams.... With us and Ashland having two teams.... I know Ashland Lewis and West Carter will be there but not sure the rest.
I heard paintsville, magoffin, and Betsy Layne going too.
I pretty sure Sheldon Clark will be there.
Here is the complete list of teams

1. Lawrence Co
2. Sheldon Clark
3. West Carter
4. Fairview
5. Ashland
6. Letcher
7. Paintsville
8. betsy Lane
9. Raceland
10. Lewis
11. P-Burg

Also there will be 3 or 4 JV teams.
Start time Friday is 5 pm and Saturday is 9am.
ttt
ttt
Sounds very interesting.. Many of the top contending teams in their own district are attending.. Would definitely be worth the drive to get an early taste of football and the upcoming season!
Not to seem like a jerk but why are they having passing league on the 16th when you can just practice in full pads on the 15th
cavery59 Wrote:Not to seem like a jerk but why are they having passing league on the 16th when you can just practice in full pads on the 15th

Because they wanted too... and also to raise money.
Raceland doesn't practice on weekends. At least I'm pretty sure they don't. And the 15th is on a Thursday. So I'd say they'll kick it off with a good passing tournament. Then hit it hard on the following Monday.
cavery59 Wrote:Not to seem like a jerk but why are they having passing league on the 16th when you can just practice in full pads on the 15th

Going in full pads is determined by your 1st day of school. The earliest anyone can go full pads is July 20th and that is if they start school on July 30th. Most in this area can't start full pads until August 1st. With no 7 on 7 in June, you have to get it in sometime!
Does anyone have a schedule of who will play who and what times. If so could they posted.
Its all pool play four games going on at once
ttt
With Pikeville College with a very weak showing, will Lawrence County passing league do the same. I am really curious on how this tournament will go
sportscritic Wrote:With Pikeville College with a very weak showing, will Lawrence County passing league do the same. I am really curious on how this tournament will go
With it being held on the first couple of days that you could begin conditioning and practice I would say that was the big reason, I dont know I wasnt there... But with a full week under there belts it should be a pretty good tourney. How many teams did they have there last weekend?
Anyone have any updates? It's pouring the rain here in Raceland..
Who cancels football for just rain?
It was canceled?
No, you were asking for updates. I dont see why they would cancel it if it were just raining...
Ohh no I didn't mean for updates on it being canceled. I doubt it will be. I thought it started this morning so I was looking for updates on how everyone was doing. But then I realized it starts this evening.
It starts at 5 today and I will try to keep it updated as the games go.
What members from here will be there and ill try to update from my phone or on twitter once I get there
I'll be checking periodically on my phone for the updates. So any updates would be greatly appreciated! And thank you in advance..