Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest Surprise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
List your teams that will be the surprise of the season!
Estill County. i believe they will be better and go deeper in the playoffs than what people give them credit for.

i also believe Breathitt County will be a better team than what it looks like right now with players transferring, coach's backing out, etc. etc.
Lewis County, they surprised many last season. And people think that because of the graduates that they will fall back off, i dont think that will be the case.
Pikeville back to State! Mark it down!
TurboPanther Wrote:Pikeville back to State! Mark it down!

oh brother
i think east ridge will be a much improved team this upcoming season!! i also thing paintsville be much im proved as well
Belfry will be better than most think!
Since this is my thread, why do you think Estill County, East Ridge, Paintsville, and Pikeville will be good.
I think Pikeville will be good, they didnt lose but a few lineman and a couple of backs. Paintsville on the other hand lost some lineman and a heck of a running back in doderer and brown.
Is the casey brothers still there for East Ridge?
sportscritic Wrote:Since this is my thread, why do you think Estill County, East Ridge, Paintsville, and Pikeville will be good.
I think Pikeville will be good, they didnt lose but a few lineman and a couple of backs. Paintsville on the other hand lost some lineman and a heck of a running back in doderer and brown.
Is the casey brothers still there for East Ridge?

Estill Only Lost 5 From Last Year's Team 3 TE, 2 OL, Return Everyone Else. We Have Several Very Good Running Backs That Can Run The Ball. Should Be A Good Year Down In Engineer Country

Yes The Casey Brothers Are Still At East Ridge
I know it is obvious, but LCC will surprise a lot of people. Our defense will be much better improved.
The Contrarian Wrote:Belfry will be better than most think!

You know I agree.

I also would like to see Pikeville have a good year, as bad as I hate them and hope we slap them by at least 50, it'd be nice to see them "back" -- got some good kids.

Letcher will do really good also. I look for the game @ the CAM to be a real slugfest.
Our offense has always been good, but it seems the defense lets us down all the time. I look for this year for our defense to be the best EVER!
Perry will surprise people. They have the pieces in place to make a deep playoff run.
Aslan Wrote:Perry will surprise people. They have the pieces in place to make a deep playoff run.

I would love to see it. Perry has been cursed with no playoff wins and i would love to see that streak broke with 1st year coach justin haddix. They have the athletes to do so. Its crazy they have a number of athletes on this team and usually perry has about 3 or 4 players at the most on there teams. I can think of atleast that many on offense right now. Kyle Huff, Bryan Rankin, Jay White, Darryl Beauty just to name a few. I hope to see a healthy Matt Robinson all season long. Hopefully in these blow out wins the team may have they only play until halftime.
Yes I'm a big BLHS fan and if no one else will I will. Betsy Layne has a chance to do somthing that has never happened in the history of Bobcat football and that is beat Pikeville and win there conf. this year. Big time talent on the hill big time play makers it will be hard to stop the Bobcat off. Looking forward to watching the Bobcats tear into to the teams named above in this thread....LOL!!!!
bac2369 Wrote:I would love to see it. Perry has been cursed with no playoff wins and i would love to see that streak broke with 1st year coach justin haddix. They have the athletes to do so. Its crazy they have a number of athletes on this team and usually perry has about 3 or 4 players at the most on there teams. I can think of atleast that many on offense right now. Kyle Huff, Bryan Rankin, Jay White, Darryl Beauty just to name a few. I hope to see a healthy Matt Robinson all season long. Hopefully in these blow out wins the team may have they only play until halftime.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
I look for Pikeville to have a really good season this year. I still think Hazard is the favorite in the region, but the Panthers will be a top 10 team in 1A most of the season.
Pike central will be the team to watch in their district no one is expecting them to win their district because of belfrey and sheldon clark rightly so but beware I here real good things about this program.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I look for Pikeville to have a really good season this year. I still think Hazard is the favorite in the region, but the Panthers will be a top 10 team in 1A most of the season.

I agree. But Hazards main concern will be line play and linebackers. But mainly the line. If Hazard line can hold up i believe they have a legit shot being at WKU. I also believe Hazard can have 4 home games this year if im correct. Someone fill me in. I know hazard last year would of went to pikeville if they won but where they didnt win harlan had to come to hazard.
Of course, I am just a little biased, but I feel that Sheldon Clark will be somewhat better than expected, for they have some pretty fair talent returning in 2010.
Greenup County is gonna be one of the major suprises this season. With 15 to 20 seniors,an experience and much stronger line and alot of new skill players this team should be really good. I think Copleys off season training and the boys hard work is going to really show this season. People that are over looking the Green and Gold this season will be in for a big surprise, this isn't ur typical GC.
I don't think either of these choices qualify as a surprise;
1. Betsy Layne-They are primed for sucess and I see this year as a must win year. They have all of the talent in the world. It is time to put the whole package together.
2. Pike Central-They are going to get better and better and every year.
East Jessamine. They return most of their Starters, are loaded in the backfield, have 16-18 Sr., a stronger more solid OL+DL , added a new receiver, and return one of the top O-Lineman in the state in Zack Templin.
What is your definition of a surprise for East Jessamine? That they beat West this year? Do you think they will have a shot at Boyle or Lex Cath? They went 4-7 last year, I'm just curious as to what will have to take place for them to be a surprise. Beat everyone except Boyle and Lex Cath?
Recznik Wrote:Yes I'm a big BLHS fan and if no one else will I will. Betsy Layne has a chance to do somthing that has never happened in the history of Bobcat football and that is beat Pikeville and win there conf. this year. Big time talent on the hill big time play makers it will be hard to stop the Bobcat off. Looking forward to watching the Bobcats tear into to the teams named above in this thread....LOL!!!!

Raz, I would love to see this program do well. I do believe they have the talent in the Jr. High to make the H.S. very competitive. Problem is, there always seems to be something that sinks them every year. No support from the Administration, unqualified coaches, in-fighting within the program, etc. I truly hope they can put it all together this year, I really do, but history isn't on their side.
64BLACK&GOLD, I was just wondering how well Boyle Co. did in their first 15 Yrs. as a team. To answer your ? it would surprise me if East didnt beat West.It will will surprise me if they go10-0. It will surprise me if East beats Boyle, not because of talent but because Coach French. I'm still wondering how you can replace 5500+ Yards.
LClion4life Wrote:Lewis County, they surprised many last season. And people think that because of the graduates that they will fall back off, i dont think that will be the case.
Yeah they sure surprised me when they lost to Knott 40-0 lolololol
cougarpride08 Wrote:I know it is obvious, but LCC will surprise a lot of people. Our defense will be much better improved.

A good season from LCC wouldn't be a suprise.
baller4lyfe Wrote:Yeah they sure surprised me when they lost to Knott 40-0 lolololol

Did they surprise you when they beat a much more talented West Carter team to make the playoffs for the first time in 16 years? Or how about when they were up on Belfry 8-7 at the end of the first quarter and was only down 21-14 at half? Or how about the game when they beat Bath 40-8 and had 400 rushing yards? They turned their season around for the better after the KCC game. Look for LC to put a beating on the Patriots as they come to Vanceburg the second week of the season this year.
No doubt Lewis County got better as the year went on!
Pages: 1 2