Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry Co job open, again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After Mr. Morals Ray Graham left yesterday, the job is open. The team has a great base of Seniors. The programs has about 52 kids 9-12 grades in the program.
Regional Runner-up to Central last year. With the new alignment coming, next year, they may drop to AA.
I am hoping that an assistant gets the job, but applications are being taken.
call Jay Cobb
Tica Wrote:call Jay Cobb

Did he have the Henry Co job at one time
Off the bat, you would think Henry would have even better success if they drop to 2A, but would that necessarily be true? They have to battle Central now in 3A, but you would have to think that a move to 2A would mean a region that includes NewCath or Danville (I know Danville has been down the last couple years, but they are well on their way back) depending on which way they go?

No road is ever easy, just pondering here. Best of luck to Henry County, Ray Graham (still a class act person) and whomever the new hire is.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Off the bat, you would think Henry would have even better success if they drop to 2A, but would that necessarily be true? They have to battle Central now in 3A, but you would have to think that a move to 2A would mean a region that includes NewCath or Danville (I know Danville has been down the last couple years, but they are well on their way back) depending on which way they go?

No road is ever easy, just pondering here. Best of luck to Henry County, Ray Graham (still a class act person) and whomever the new hire is.

2A may be a little easier, but not as much as a person may think. Take a poll of parnets, players, coaches and fans in Henry Co and the class act is only in his words, not actions.
Old Henry Man Wrote:2A may be a little easier, but not as much as a person may think. Take a poll of parnets, players, coaches and fans in Henry Co and the class act is only in his words, not actions.

Poll all the entire Harrison County community, former players, teaching and coaching staff that he worked with, practically the entire Kentucky high school coaches, etc and he's a class act in his words and actions.

I completely understand the hurt that you and others in Henry County feel right now, but trust me, someone else will take over that will do a great job. Hopefully then, all of this will be put behind all parties and things will work out for all involved. Best of luck.
The last 2 days, I have learned that he is not as respected in the coaching community as he and you believe.
I realize he is known to have great character but having a meeting with the team and community on Wednesday to tell them how God had directed him to Henry County and how is is thrilled to be working in a small community etc... then quitting on Monday. Something smells funning to me.
Old Henry Man Wrote:The last 2 days, I have learned that he is not as respected in the coaching community as he and you believe.

You are correct in that statement. This decision was nothing but selfish and wrong. A man with character makes commitments and follows through. As has been said "a man can choose his actions, but can't choose the consequences". A man of character accepts consequences. Ray chose to make some promises to Henry county people. Actions now speak louder than words.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Poll all the entire Harrison County community, former players, teaching and coaching staff that he worked with, practically the entire Kentucky high school coaches, etc and he's a class act in his words and actions.

I completely understand the hurt that you and others in Henry County feel right now, but trust me, someone else will take over that will do a great job. Hopefully then, all of this will be put behind all parties and things will work out for all involved. Best of luck.

Do not forget that this "Class Act", was a a Football picnic on a Wednesday night, telling the players and parnets how much he loves Henry Co and that he was sent to Henry County.
Just a couple of hours later Lex Christian (also a class act) called and he took the job.
I think the wildcats will be fine after a few weeks whomever they bring in, because i believe the staff at Henry would have ran the show anyways. So it will be no different than if Ray stayed there is a Awesome core of coaches at Henry in Ledford, Dawson, Eades, Johnson, Irivin, and Isaacs who are dedicated and determined to make this year memorable and history making for the wildcats the kids are strong willed and will not let this stop them from achieving what they have been working for there whole life, if anything it will make them stronger as a unit. So i would say look out state the wildcats are on the prowl.

:Thumbs:
HC Daddy Wrote:I realize he is known to have great character but having a meeting with the team and community on Wednesday to tell them how God had directed him to Henry County and how is is thrilled to be working in a small community etc... then quitting on Monday. Something smells funning to me.

Well here is a few things you need to think about, I think Graham was a great hire for Henry, I really like Ledford, but an older established coach is a hard thing to pass up. I have not one hard feeling about Ray leaving. Graham gets to Henry and he realizes real quick there is NO money, for anything and most the equipment and uniforms are old and wore out. Ray actually negotiates to use the money the district would save by him being retired to by equipment and uniforms. He then makes a push to get a few asst's in the building. He was pretty much told that the district would hire no more coaches as teachers, not pretty much that is what they told him behind closed doors. They had opening for the guys he wanted to get in the building. So look at if from his stand point go to LCA unlimited resources and support, 20 miles down the road or, stay where they make rules about coaches not being teachers???? Drive and hour and a half each way??? Is timing bad yes, but come on Henry County how long did you think he was gonna stay, Ray has always been one to apply for jobs and test the waters. This time he found a better deal.

You know sometimes what we expect of these coaches is absurd, I mean you pay em peanuts, you talk about them on message boards like dogs, folks gossip, expect more, sometimes we make up stuff, gossip, talk about their families, and then we expect them to give up everything just to do what we think is right.