Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Football (URGENT!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you value Bell County Football, PLEASE attend the booster meeting on July 6th at 5:30 pm at the weight room.:please: See http://www.bellcountyfootball.com for more info.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:If you value Bell County Football, PLEASE attend the booster meeting on July 6th at 5:30 pm at the weight room.:please: See http://www.bellcountyfootball.com for more info.

Any details you want to give us? The website spouted a lot of hyperbole but little substance. Anything? :popcorn:

BTW, tell the website manager that the word is "Alumni" not "Ulumni." :eyeroll:
Rage usually causes misspelled words.:Thumbs:
well for those who cant make it tell us what is going on.
Nothing has happened but the program is getting pushed to the back. It will be discussed in the booster meeting. Bell is down to 4 coaches, maybe 3 and no effort is being made to fix the problem.
plain ole cutbacks and no support for the program outside of fans, players family, and alumni.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:plain ole cutbacks and no support for the program outside of fans, players family, and alumni.

Thanks for the insight. I hope the program can find ways to keep support in these tough economic times. :Thumbs:
Greer has quit is it true?
D-manz Wrote:Greer has quit is it true?

Who are the 3 assistants? Is John Luttrell still there?
HAT51 Wrote:Who are the 3 assistants? Is John Luttrell still there?

The coaches I know that are for sure there: Dudley Hilton, Brian Yankey, Fred Hoskins, and Scott Madon. Freshman coaches are Joe Miracle and Jordan Turer. Idk if Luttrell is staying but I do know he was one of the coaches at the football camp.
mommacat Wrote:The coaches I know that are for sure there: Dudley Hilton, Brian Yankey, Fred Hoskins, and Scott Madon. Freshman coaches are Joe Miracle and Jordan Turer. Idk if Luttrell is staying but I do know he was one of the coaches at the football camp.
What happened to Greer?
Talked with Tom last night and said that he wanted to focus on Adminstration. He had coached for 24 years and just has lost the juices to continue on.
^ Very fair
mommacat Wrote:The coaches I know that are for sure there: Dudley Hilton, Brian Yankey, Fred Hoskins, and Scott Madon. Freshman coaches are Joe Miracle and Jordan Turer. Idk if Luttrell is staying but I do know he was one of the coaches at the football camp.

Thanks for the info
Glad to see someone standing up for the program. I hate to burst the bubble but the football program has been pushed back for years. They have some of the lowest paid coaches in the state for years and years. Very little money is spent on facilities. Near ZERO support from the Administration on any level.

The program of Bell's has been kept alive by a few boosters, fans, players and few loyal coaches for years now.

Go get them you all deserve better. It is a shame that programs with 1/2 the success has more support and money. I see it first hand here at KC.
I agree. It's a shame that kids who work so hard can't get more support.
So what's going on?

I went to the website and the big urgent message wasn't there anymore.

Is the meeting still on?

Or was this all a bunch of hyperbole and over reaction???

Would love to hear from those who began the thread. :Thumbs::popcorn:
Hatz Wrote:So what's going on?

I went to the website and the big urgent message wasn't there anymore.

Is the meeting still on?

Or was this all a bunch of hyperbole and over reaction???

Would love to hear from those who began the thread. :Thumbs::popcorn:

They are still meeting. Don't think that this is an over reaction it seems to be the truth from what I have been told. I can't be there but hope that people can keep us informed to what is going on.
I'm staying because I am under a man that has taken me under his wing and that I have so much respect for because he does things the right way. God has blessed me. I hope everything else turns out okay. You can always pray for the program, it can't hurt.
Any answers yet on whats going on with the program?

Is Green Co really going to play Bell in city county bowl?
Any answers on how the meeting went yesterday?
I would like to know whats going on!!
So the problem is the one person who handles the money will except the money that the program brings in, but won't give it back.
D-manz Wrote:So the problem is the one person who handles the money will except the money that the program brings in, but won't give it back.
I would think that most football programs fund a lot of the other sports and other "activities" that school's have, but especially at Bell County. Bell has good attendance at their games and has had deep runs in the playoffs. Their football program has brought in a lot of money to that school. I think the majority of the money that is made at football games SHOULD go back into the football program.
Wonder who this person could be? I mean come on everyone knows Bell Co sports (Football) brings in alot of money through out the season!! Well it must not be a big deal then cause we would know more by now if it was!!
I just hope whatever is going on works out cause we love our football here in Bell County!!!!!!!
BobCatFan29 Wrote:Wonder who this person could be? I mean come on everyone knows Bell Co sports (Football) brings in alot of money through out the season!! Well it must not be a big deal then cause we would know more by now if it was!!
I just hope whatever is going on works out cause we love our football here in Bell County!!!!!!!

Who handles the budget?:biggrin:
Is the problem that more money is being diverted from football to other non revenue sports, or is it that there is less money that the school system can invest into salaries for football and other sports?
well i know for a fact the schooldosn't pay for much .they keep bleeding the cash cow.the booster club payed to get the p.a. system fixed on the field.the press box is junk ask any visiting team there isn't room for visitor press.the stands are in bad shape and so is the field.U have 5 home games a year at 5 dollars a ticket any where from 800 to a 1000 people show up thats about 5000 a game 25000 a season.10 dollars a ticket for playoffs for another 10000 at 3 games min. u are looking at 40000 dollars.other sports go for over night trips 2 and 3 days at a time .seems to me 30 or 40 BOYS are carrying a school on their shoulders with little reguard for them .any body that thinks a team can be run with 3 coaches is out of their minds .
Sounds alot like the way the US gov. is run. Welcome to the real world. :biggrin:

Actually accept it and move on. If football betters other programs you are only making things better for everyone. Just figure out way to keep supporting the cash cow which you feel is football and in turn you are making things better for everyone. I think they call it the Robin Hood effect.
Looks like a Title IX issue to me. Each school has to answer how they spend money in all the sports that the school offers. The school is required by law to spend money in an equatable way among all sports and accross all genders. It doesn't seem fair that one sport is making a majority of the athletic revenue only to have that
money spread accross the board to other teams, but that is the law. Every year the Principal, Superintendent, and Chair of the local BOE have to sign off on athletic expenditures.
tradition Wrote:Sounds alot like the way the US gov. is run. Welcome to the real world. :biggrin:

Actually accept it and move on. If football betters other programs you are only making things better for everyone. Just figure out way to keep supporting the cash cow which you feel is football and in turn you are making things better for everyone. I think they call it the Robin Hood effect.

Football does support all other sports (and a few non-sports projects) at the school including cheerleading. That's not really a problem. BUT, the facilities need some major upgrading which will not even be considered. The coaching staff has dwindled down to 3-4 coaches and will not be discussed on any remedies. Let that cash cow dry up and watch the program dry up with it. Football brings revenue but also brings kids to the school. Without the program being what it is, kids will go elsewhere. Belldad2011 said it right.
Pages: 1 2