Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RUMOR: Ashland turns in Fairview for recruiting to KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Going back to when Jennings played for Fairview. Apparently Fairview has been recruiting not only football players, but girl athletes, and strong academic students.

Ashland claimed that Fairview was using an apartment complex owned by Music to falsify addresses to get kids eligible for Fairview.
Wow...where did you get your info from?
Brother Xavier Wrote:Wow...where did you get your info from?

An area football coach. There should be something in the Daily Independent soon I would imagine. I was surprised not to see this talked about already by Ashland fans. I know it has not been a secret around there for awhile now.

I dont know how much trouble will come to Fairview from this, if any at all. Im of the opinion Kentucky should be like in Ohio when it comes to recruiting in HS.

Although, the use of the apartments as false addresses will probably get them in the most trouble. Thats a pretty serious accusation.
Let's see, Arliss came from Westwood and played at Ashland. Jennings graduates from Fairview and goes on to PLAY in the NFL. Are the Tomcats upset that their graduate didn't actually play in the NFL? With the latest circus around the Rose Hill basketball defection and the wooing of players from there to the Tomcats, I'd suspect Fairview will start to pry open that can of worms if prompted.
i need to see some proof before i can comment. Hope That isn't true that would be a bad example for those kids.
You know what? I should offer an apology to Ashland here. I can't imagine why Ashland would report Fairview. Not in direct competition athletically in football anyway. I hope it's not true. So, unless this is in fact true, I apologize for my previous post. If it's true, I will then recant my apology.
Arliss started school at Ashland because at that time Fairview did not have a football team. After FHS got a football team put back together, Alriss didn't switch back. Heck you cant blame the kid.
Is this just a rumor? There has been nothing that has shown up on this?
Ashland has recruited more than any other school in the history of the 16th Region, even more than Rose Hill. Fairview may be guilty, they may be innocent, but one thing is for sure that Ashland is the pot calling the kettle black.
Any change or update on this one?
Wouldn't surprise me at all. More than half the starters came from different programs over the years.
Rumor? Might as well post it on a message board. Who cares if its true or not. Hey, I think TMZ is hiring!
I do not know if this is true or not. But it does not surprise me that Ashland is the school blowing the whistle (if this rumor is true). Considering they accused Boyd Co. in the 90's for recruiting talent from the Ramey Home, and they accused Rose Hill of recruiting after every successful season they had in the 2000's.
Ramfan your not very smart cause your statement should say raceland has many starters from other schools also. That's the life of a small school you should know that as a raceland fan.
Russellpride you starting with me already this year :argue: :lmao:
I was referring to the Chris Jennings era that was mentioned in the original post. Back then all except maybe one player for Raceland were there with in JFL and middle school. Now a days it's different. These kids change schools more than their underwear and I hate it...
Why is it, that being a Rat always seems to have the smell of sour grapes?
Fairview had seven transfer students this year alone playing football. Five of them from out of state. A number of underclassmen from Boyd County as well as Ashland have transferred to Fairview. This should be a red flag to the KHSAA just because of the sheer numbers applying for eligibility in the last two years at Fairview.

I am fully aware that a school may receive a couple of athletes that have moved in, but six or seven? This seems a bit shady to me. Not to mention that Westwood has very, very few minorities living in the community, yet the majority of transfers are minorities. I have heard from a number of student athletes within the Ashland, Boyd County, and Greenup County area that they have been encouraged to transfer to Fairview.

And yes, everything that is going on here is true. This is not a rumor, which I can confirm from a very legitimate source. Ashland is turning in Fairview to the KHSAA for recruiting, and Boyd County has now joined the cause. Both athletic directors are committed to maintaining the integrity of high school sports. Both will investigate any student athlete that transfers to Fairview, whether it is middle school or high school, any sport. I am fully aware that the KHSAA does not monitor middle school athletics, but will investigate each transfer to the fullest extent.

I KNOW EVERYTHING
You are an idiot you don't know anything
All kids are eligible and ready to compete people Just don't like it when a school gets it going in positive direction. Grow up you guys trying to hurt kids
No one objects to helping kids. The argument is influencing student-athletes from one district school to attend another for athletic reasons. We should expect all schools to abide by the rules and not openly recruit athletes. It is obvious that there is a connection from Huntington to Westwood. It is safe to say that if any school receives a large influx of athletes, this does not just happen by chance. Not only have surrounding schools expressed concern, but Huntington High has expressed it as well.

If Russell was losing athletes to Fairview, they would express the same concerns. It has been brought to my attention that the entire Class A district that Fairview competes in is expressing concern (except for LCA). The students that are truly being hurt are the student-athletes that have always attended Fairview. These are the athletes that will lose playing time because of these transfers.
All schools get kids bottom line is best players play and high school sports is about helping kids that's it. Russell has a nice player from mayfield just show up problem is people don't consider fairview a good program and that's totally false. It's about helping kids don't forget that you know anything?
No one questions when you receive a player or two that legitimately moves in a community. It would be safe to say if five unrelated players from mayfield transferred to Russell that suspicions would be raised. In the case of fairview, they have five players from Huntington, and their parents have not moved into the Westwood community. Their parents have been encouraged to give up their parental rights, and a number of players from Ashland and Boyd county have also reported that they were contacted by individuals associated with the Fairview program. This is obviously a violation of rules. If a program cares so much about kids, then why should they go out and actively recruit players from other programs? This creates an unfair playing field. The community of Westwood should be up in arms that the Fairview coaching staff believes that the homegrown talent does not measure up. The bottom line is, once again, abide by the rules and leave players from other programs alone.
I Know Everything Wrote:No one questions when you receive a player or two that legitimately moves in a community. It would be safe to say if five unrelated players from mayfield transferred to Russell that suspicions would be raised. In the case of fairview, they have five players from Huntington, and their parents have not moved into the Westwood community. Their parents have been encouraged to give up their parental rights, and a number of players from Ashland and Boyd county have also reported that they were contacted by individuals associated with the Fairview program. This is obviously a violation of rules. If a program cares so much about kids, then why should they go out and actively recruit players from other programs? This creates an unfair playing field. The community of Westwood should be up in arms that the Fairview coaching staff believes that the homegrown talent does not measure up. The bottom line is, once again, abide by the rules and leave players from other programs alone.

YES SIR! Bottomline the only time Fairview is worth anything in football is when they receive these transfers!
I disagree ram fan that's real big of you to downgrade kids of a program real classy!
Raceland gets greenup and Russell transfers same could be said for them. But I'm not gonna bash kids and programs like ypu
I will bash on Raceland. Im not that classy...lol. I know for a fact that they recruit Wurtland kids away from GC, even at the JFL level. I know of one player in particular that they made many trips to the Greenup Park while he was playing basketball there to talk to him about playing football at Raceland. This a thread that Raceland fans should stay away from unless you want to throw stones from your glass house.
I would prefer to see Kentucky become more like Ohio in regards to recruiting. If a school offers a better educational and athletic opportunity to a kid then they should be allowed to take it. The best interest of the kids should always come first, but the KHSAA doesnt always see it like that.
Kosar I agree thank you
I agree too. I'm far from classy and never will be. I could care less if another Greenup player ever came to Raceland. They sure as heck didn't help any.. I just don't like russellpride so I will always tell him otherwise. Just because I think he is a tool :Thumbs:
Wow, a Raceland guy throwing stones at a Russell guy. This is getting good.TongueirateSho
Pages: 1 2 3