Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Little League Baseball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are the teams looking down at Paintsville this year?
Any scores?
Who looks good?
bad?
etc.....
MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Paintsville 11-12 should be really good. I think they beat Virgie yesterday 24-0.
All the games are @ Stonecrest this year. Paintsville 11-12 year olds looked good. Beaver Creek didn't play yesterday, but they should have a very good team. Prestonsburg 11-12s beat Morgan County. Belfry 11-12s beat Fleming Neon. H.A.P. 11-12s beat Knott County. Lots of great baseball!
Good Luck to all the Beaver Creek teams!!
how did HAP look?
These teams advanced to the state tournament at Hazard starting July 17:

Campbellsville
North Laurel
Hazard Perry
Paintsville
Lewis Co.
Mercer co.
Valley Sports
Owensboro South
11/12's State Tournament @ Hazard-Perry

Pool A
7/17-1:00pm North Laurel vs. Owensboro Southern
7/17-3:00pm Campbellsville vs. Lewis County
7/18-1:00pm North Laurel vs. Campbellsville
7/18-3:00pm Lewis County vs. Owensboro Southern
7/19-1:00pm North Laurel vs. Lewis County
7/19-3:00pm Owensboro Southern vs. Campbellsville

Pool B
7/17-5:00pm Hazard-Perry vs. Mercer County
7/17-7:00pm Louisville Valley vs. Paintsville
7/18-5:00pm Hazard-Perry vs. Louisville Valley
7/18-7:00pm Paintsville vs. Mercer County
7/19-5:00pm Hazard-Perry vs. Paintsville
7/19-7:00pm Mercer County vs. Louisville Valley

7/20-6:00pm Pool A # 1 vs. Pool B # 2
7/20-8:00pm Pool B # 1 vs. Pool A # 2

7/21-6:00pm Championship Game (Winner Advances to Great Lakes Region)
Paintsville takes on Owensboro S. I believe tomorrow at 6pm.
Valley Sports wins Pool B and takes on the #2 team from Pool A afterwords.

Congrats Paintsville LL and Good Luck!
Updates anyone???? LL baseball is the best times of these kids lives!! LOL.. Well, I loved it so I guess I think they should enjoy it as much as I did!!!
Final in the Little League State Championship Game:
Owensboro Southern 5, Louisville Valley 3
Congratulations to winner and runner-up!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Final in the Little League State Championship Game:
Owensboro Southern 5, Louisville Valley 3
Congratulations to winner and runner-up!

Thanks BNG!

Congrats to ALL the teams that made it to State! Now hopefully we will be watching Owensboro South in the Regional Finals on ESPN heading to Williamsport! :Thumbs:

Good Luck at Regionals Owensboro! Keep us all up to date Owensboro Fans!
FYI. There is still an Eastern Kentucky team alive in Little League tournament play. The Senior League team (15 and 16's) from Hazard-Perry won the state and opened play in the central region tournament Sunday afternoon by beating Missouri 11-1 in five innings. They play three more pool games and will reach the semi-final round on Wednesday if they are one of the top 4 teams.
Good Luck Hazard-Perry!
Any updates?
o southern lost out. It's between Ohio and Illinois to see who goes to Williamsport
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:o southern lost out. It's between Ohio and Illinois to see who goes to Williamsport

I work with Hamilton's coach. He has Ohio competing for the finals every year.
Who came out of the Ashland area and how far did they go?
Any news on the 16 year old team from Hazard that went to the REgionals in Missouri?
Bluecat Wrote:Any news on the 16 year old team from Hazard that went to the REgionals in Missouri?

Regionals of what? Is there little league at that age?
Stardust Wrote:Regionals of what? Is there little league at that age?
Yep! Junior and Senior Division of Little League. Not many have teams in this area as they are playing Legion and Travel ball.
^ Thats ppretty cool. There is no Little League in NKY. Besides Hamilton, there is no Little League in the Greater Cincinnati area of any significance.
Say Mr. Stardust,what do you know about the Cinn. Midland team?I understand that they are or were playing in the C. Mack World Series in New Mexico the last couple of weeks. They have a young man by the name of Chandler Shepard playing (pitching) for them that plays high school baseball with a very good friend of mine. Shep as you know has verbally comitted to play at UK however if the arm keeps coming I will be surprised if he sees college for awhile.
I just recieved unverified information that Cinn. Midland won the Connie Mack World Series in New Mexico. Congrat to Chandler Sheperd and his midland team mates.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Say Mr. Stardust,what do you know about the Cinn. Midland team?I understand that they are or were playing in the C. Mack World Series in New Mexico the last couple of weeks. They have a young man by the name of Chandler Shepard playing (pitching) for them that plays high school baseball with a very good friend of mine. Shep as you know has verbally comitted to play at UK however if the arm keeps coming I will be surprised if he sees college for awhile.

mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I just recieved unverified information that Cinn. Midland won the Connie Mack World Series in New Mexico. Congrat to Chandler Sheperd and his midland team mates.

I coach summer ball against Midland. Our season ended a few weeks ago. I really have not kept up with what Midland did. Connie Mack is one of several World Series. I think CABA is going on at the same time. I had asked followers earlier in the year what Chandler's number was but did not get it. He did not play the game we played them
I'm a new member from western Ky. I went to the LL reg. tourney at Indy to watch Owensboro Southern compete. All did not go well as we won only 1 game against Mich. We are still proud of them anyway and congratulate them on winning their 10th state championship. 10 of the 13 boys have been playing travel ball since age 8, and 9 of them are currently attending the same school, Owensboro Catholic, to continue playing baseball together.3 of the players are already on "players to watch" lists, which consists of 1 pitcher who is 6' 1" and throws gas, 1 catcher that bats left, throws right and has homerun power, and a 2nd baseman that bats left and throws right who's batting average for the season was .770!!He had 47 hits at 61 at bats and is an amazing defensive gem who will play at the next level. I know Ky. is a basketball state but we also love our baseball too. Just would like to say I enjoy BlueGrassRival and have been a big fan of their site and was glad to join.