Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KHSAA game limits/All A Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to KHSAA bylaws- a team is limited to 2 scrimmages, 24 games and 2 tournaments. I've noticed some teams listed in 3 or 4 tournaments/classics. Is there a difference in a tournament and a classic and does the All A classic count towards the limit of 2 tournaments?
the all a does count against limits
however you should understand that tournement the first 2 count only as 1 game of your 24
So as a team I can play in 2 tournaments and count them as one game each towards my 24 games. I can then play in 2 additional tournaments??
Dont feel bad WOW, I am confussed with that too, can you explain a little better please Doc?
If you are ina tourn for example the All A and play three games you can count it as 1 game no matter how many you play, because you are not guarenteed games. But the WYMT or Paintsville count as 2 games because you are guarenteed more than one game.

I know its crazy this is why shelby valley and South floyd had to drop game after the all a the last 2 seasons.

24 games

lets say you are in the all a and the wymt
and you scheduled 21 games as well, you played 3 in the all A and win thus going on to state. that counts as a 3rd toruney and each game counts as one.
so if you win you actually have to drop a game for each game you would win at state.
So if you win one game in the All A, then play the second game. Both games count as one game. I think I got that part. But if you played 3 games in the All A, does it count as two games?
nope one