Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Iran on full War Alert, IAF planes in SA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.debka.com/article/8868/

In a rare move, Iran has declared a state of war on its northwestern border, debkafile's military and Iranian sources report. Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps men and equipment units are being massed in the Caspian Sea region against what Tehran claims are US and Israeli forces concentrated on army and air bases in Azerbaijan ready to strike Iran's nuclear facilities.
The announcement came on Tuesday, June 22 from Brig.-Gen Mehdi Moini of the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), commander of the forces tasked with "repelling" this American-Israeli offensive. He said: "The mobilization is due to the presence of American and Israeli forces on the western border," adding, "Reinforcements are being dispatched to West Azerbaijan Province because some western countries are fueling ethnic conflicts to destabilize the situation in the region."
I think this is about to come to boil soon.

With the amassing of Naval war ships in the area, the Saudi's giving air space clearance. Iran kicking out 2 UN nuclear inspectors. Its only a matter of time before the nuclear sites are hit with air strikes.

How will Iran react? Its hard to tell, part of me thinks they will just take it on the chin. They talk a big talk but I think they know the end result if they go to war.
With the G20 going on, and 1 more carrier has moved into the area now. Anyone think they are using the G20 to get things in place for the attack?

Id say we are just weeks away, unless Iran fully backs down.
Beetle01 Wrote:With the G20 going on, and 1 more carrier has moved into the area now. Anyone think they are using the G20 to get things in place for the attack?

Id say we are just weeks away, unless Iran fully backs down.

I can't disagree with you here. I think something is going to happen soon.
Stardust Wrote:I can't disagree with you here. I think something is going to happen soon.
:Thumbs: When it does, I expect Obama to blame Bush for our failure to properly support Israel in its effort to disarm the Iranian threat.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: When it does, I expect Obama to blame Bush for our failure to properly support Israel in its effort to disarm the Iranian threat.

Lol - ditto
Do you think Iran is going to try to use this and make the US and Israel look bad in some way?
Iran wants a major war in the Middle East that will disrupt oil supplies to the US, but it is trying to use Israel to get the backing of the Muslim Arabs. The problem for the Iranians is that most countries in the area are more concerned about becoming a parter of "Greater Iran" than they are worried about Israel.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Do you think Iran is going to try to use this and make the US and Israel look bad in some way?

Doubtful the only people supporting Iran are Russia and China. Everyone else is fully behind Israel and the US. Even the arab countries in the ME want it done. (Iran is not an Arab country)

Hoot Gibson Wrote:Iran wants a major war in the Middle East that will disrupt oil supplies to the US, but it is trying to use Israel to get the backing of the Muslim Arabs. The problem for the Iranians is that most countries in the area are more concerned about becoming a parter of "Greater Iran" than they are worried about Israel.

Any war will happen on Iranian territory. They basically have no navy and that is why we are putting so much hardware off their shores, to secure the Persian Gulf, to keep oil flowing. America gets no oil from Iran anyways. Im sure we will see Hezbollah and other Iranian backed terrorist groups step up attacks against Israel, and possibly other sites in the ME. However, there will be no invasion of any place by Iran.

IMO Iran will take the airstrikes on the nose, and be done with it. We have already seen a lot of instability in that country since the their last election.

One thing to watch out for, is Russia. They are strongly opposing this, as they get a lot of oil from Iran. If Russia responds by launching attacks on Georgia, then watch out.
^Why exactly would Russia want to attack Georgia? Would that affect US and Israeli troops?

Also, should we also watch out for China since they're allies with Iran?
Deathstar 80 Wrote:^Why exactly would Russia want to attack Georgia? Would that affect US and Israeli troops?

Also, should we also watch out for China since they're allies with Iran?

Errrr did u not see where Russia took 2 provinces from Georgia last year?
Beetle01 Wrote:Errrr did u not see where Russia took 2 provinces from Georgia last year?

I thought I heard that Russia attacked Georgia, but I thought they left since multiple nations were looking down on what they did (trying to conquer a small country). I didn't know they conquered part of Georgia.

Just wondering, why would Russia attack a small country like Georgia? I've been wondering about this ever since last year.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I thought I heard that Russia attacked Georgia, but I thought they left since multiple nations were looking down on what they did (trying to conquer a small country). I didn't know they conquered part of Georgia.

Just wondering, why would Russia attack a small country like Georgia? I've been wondering about this ever since last year.
There is a large Russian minority in parts of Georgia (Abkhazia and South Ossetia), which was the pretext that Russia used for its invasion. Russia withdrew its troops from most of Georgia but it still has troops in the two "breakaway" provinces.
Plus its pretty well known Putin, who really is the one still running things, wants the old Russian states back.
I agree with Iran taking airstikes on the nose and letting it go. They know any attack against the U.S. anywhere would be a huge mistake. And, if something like what you guys are talking about with Russia and China happened, there would be a WWIII. If you guys could just see the power that our military has in every service you would agree with me that NO country could ever topple the United States exept one. And that is the U.S. itself.
vundy33 Wrote:I agree with Iran taking airstikes on the nose and letting it go. They know any attack against the U.S. anywhere would be a huge mistake. And, if something like what you guys are talking about with Russia and China happened, there would be a WWIII. If you guys could just see the power that our military has in every service you would agree with me that NO country could ever topple the United States exept one. And that is the U.S. itself.

:Thumbs: I'm pretty sure we are the best military force and one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world.
Beetle01 Wrote:Doubtful the only people supporting Iran are Russia and China. Everyone else is fully behind Israel and the US. Even the arab countries in the ME want it done. (Iran is not an Arab country)

Any war will happen on Iranian territory. They basically have no navy and that is why we are putting so much hardware off their shores, to secure the Persian Gulf, to keep oil flowing. America gets no oil from Iran anyways. Im sure we will see Hezbollah and other Iranian backed terrorist groups step up attacks against Israel, and possibly other sites in the ME. However, there will be no invasion of any place by Iran.

IMO Iran will take the airstrikes on the nose, and be done with it. We have already seen a lot of instability in that country since the their last election.

One thing to watch out for, is Russia. They are strongly opposing this, as they get a lot of oil from Iran. If Russia responds by launching attacks on Georgia, then watch out.

Russia HAS bombs over there with the US name on it,mark it down...
Ohh, of course. And I can write Ivan on each of my 7.62's, also. Smile
I saw a TV show with Grant Jeffrey about Iran and Israel. Grant Jeffrey is a "bible prophecy expert" who has a Masters Degree and a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Biblical Studies and has a personal library of over 7,000 books on prophecy, theology, and biblical archeology. Here's Grant Jeffrey's website: http://www.grantjeffrey.com/

According to Grant Jeffrey, Iran will have a nuclear weapon by sometime in 2011. When he interviewed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (he interviewed him before he became Prime Minister), Netanyahu said he would never allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon. Knowing this, it seems like Israel might bomb Iran pretty soon in order to make sure Iran doesn't have any nuclear weapons.

In another thread, it is talked about that Saudi Arabia has given airspace to Israel. According to Grant Jeffrey, Egypt has also helped Israel by allowing Israel to use the Suez Canal. Israel has sent ships through the Suez Canal to the Persian Gulf. (The reason why Egypt and Saudi Arabia are helping Israel is because all three of these countries don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons.)
Of course...

China and Russia don't want Iran to have nuke capability, either. Think about it, it would only be problems for them.

One of the most dangerous places in the world right now is the Afghanistan-Iran border, mainly the Herat province. In some places, there is constant fighting. I have a friend over there right now that I talked to yesterday...He said every day they watch guys coming over the border, illegally, of course, with weapons. He's part of an RSTA unit (Recon, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition) and it's his unit's job to find these guys and send them to Allah.

From what I've seen and heard from guys on the border over there, I think we'll have some kind of involvement with Iran within the next two years. They are just asking for it.

I think that if we did go to war with Iran, we would have far less casualties than OIF. They don't have any weapon that can match anything of ours...just to compare, in the Gulf War, 1500 U.S. M1 Abrams tanks went up against 4000 Iraqi T-72 and T-64 tanks...we absolutely dominated them, before they even knew we were there. This would be the same effect we would have on Iranian forces. We would be able to use our full military power instead of fighting insurgents that look like everyone else.

No one wants war, unless you're just a *******, but, if I had to choose between a war with insurgents in Afghanistan or a conventional war with Iran, I would choose a war with Iran in a second. Fighting an insurgency is much more dangerous.
There's a correction I need to make in my previous post. I said this:

Deathstar 80 Wrote:According to Grant Jeffrey, Iran will have a nuclear weapon by sometime in 2011.

This is the earliest time that Iran can get a nuclear weapon and Grant Jeffrey thought that Iran would want a nuclear weapon as soon as possible. However, Iran may only be able to get a nuclear weapon after 2011.

What I'm trying to say is, Grant Jeffrey is only assuming that Iran will have a nuclear weapon in 2011 (since it's understood that Iran wants a nuclear weapon as soon as possible). It's not clear if Iran will or not.

Just to tell everyone, I'm trying to remember from a few days ago when I watched his television show. I could be mistaken in what I thought he might have said... So if my posts are wrong, it's most likely my fault. Not Grant Jeffrey's.
It's cool man, lol. I'll blame it on that ******* Grant Jeffery's!!

Anyway, do you remember when North Korea tested a nuke underground last year? Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't even close to half as strong as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima..so what I'm trying to say is, it will be a good while before Iran will even be able to produce a nuke, much less one that can do any damage.

But then again, we never know. Iran is not like North Korea. It's alot bigger and alot more modern than NK. I've noticed that alot of people lump that area (the Middle East) together just from what they've seen on CNN over the last 9 years of war. Iran and alot of other countries over there aren't like that at all.

I love topics like this, I could go on for hours, haha.