Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Federal Judge Blocks Obama's Offshore Drilling Moratorium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a victory for drilling proponents, a federal judge struck down President Obama's six-month moratorium on deepwater oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday, saying the administration rashly concluded that because one rig failed, the others are in immediate danger, too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/...lf-mexico/
Captain Backdoor Wrote:In a victory for drilling proponents, a federal judge struck down President Obama's six-month moratorium on deepwater oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday, saying the administration rashly concluded that because one rig failed, the others are in immediate danger, too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/...lf-mexico/
This is great news for every American who drives a car, truck, motorcycle, or tractor and anybody who ever uses plastic products. I am especially pleased that the judge drew attention to the fact that the Obama regime misled the public when Obama tried to rationalize his irrational decision.

[INDENT]
Quote:"Much to the government's discomfort and this Court's uneasiness, the summary also states that 'the recommendations contained in this report have been peer-reviewed by seven experts identified by the National Academy of Engineering.' As the plaintiffs, and the experts themselves, pointedly observe, this statement was misleading," Judge Feldman said in his 22-page ruling.
[/INDENT]
To continue to drill at those depths without a clear understanding of what went wrong is perilous at best. Here is the western world's dilemma: jobs, jobs, jobs, the need to generate cash... in conflict with ecological wisdom... see the Congressman defend Haliburton and **** Cheney's Energy Commission, as gas wells have been and continue to pop up like buttered corn...see ground water contaminated, toxic chemicals spew... yet jobs, jobs, jobs. We are doomed by our own way of life. But probably not for a few hundred more years, so who cares, right? Flirties?
thecavemaster Wrote:To continue to drill at those depths without a clear understanding of what went wrong is perilous at best. Here is the western world's dilemma: jobs, jobs, jobs, the need to generate cash... in conflict with ecological wisdom... see the Congressman defend Haliburton and **** Cheney's Energy Commission, as gas wells have been and continue to pop up like buttered corn...see ground water contaminated, toxic chemicals spew... yet jobs, jobs, jobs. We are doomed by our own way of life. But probably not for a few hundred more years, so who cares, right? Flirties?

Why would Obama place the moratorium on deepwater drilling in U.S.A. water, when he loaned loan 2 billion dollars of our tax dollars to Brazil's state owned oil company to drill in deeper water than BP was?
Without the employment of our citizens in the harvesting of our natural resources our country would be in worse shpe than it already is. The decline in the coal industry has crippled east ky. long with the natural gs and oil field company's shutting down or laying off. We need to remember that the men who work these very dangerous jobs risk life and limb to provide our country with energy. Energy that heats, cools, keeps the lights on and allows the people who complain about it drive the expensive cars to work. The men and women who work in the natural gas and oil industry are the backbone of our nation. Their jobs are among the most hazardous in the world. Its truly a job where when you leave your family to go to work you dont if you will make it home safe or not. So before you criticize the industry remember that these people risk their life almost everyday to make your life easier.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is great news for every American who drives a car, truck, motorcycle, or tractor and anybody who ever uses plastic products. I am especially pleased that the judge drew attention to the fact that the Obama regime misled the public when Obama tried to rationalize his irrational decision.
[INDENT][/INDENT]

I'll agree! I thought you would love to see the article that's why I posted it.
thecavemaster Wrote:To continue to drill at those depths without a clear understanding of what went wrong is perilous at best. Here is the western world's dilemma: jobs, jobs, jobs, the need to generate cash... in conflict with ecological wisdom... see the Congressman defend Haliburton and **** Cheney's Energy Commission, as gas wells have been and continue to pop up like buttered corn...see ground water contaminated, toxic chemicals spew... yet jobs, jobs, jobs. We are doomed by our own way of life. But probably not for a few hundred more years, so who cares, right? Flirties?
If a plane crashed do you ground all planes until you find out went wrong? The majority of wells covered in this moratorium wasn't the deep water wells but wells that have produced safety for 60+ years. This was a rush to judgement by the administration and our system of checks and balance shows that the President can not just make any decision he wants.
nky Wrote:If a plane crashed do you ground all planes until you find out went wrong? The majority of wells covered in this moratorium wasn't the deep water wells but wells that have produced safety for 60+ years. This was a rush to judgement by the administration and our system of checks and balance shows that the President can not just make any decision he wants.

Actually yeah they do ground all planes of that make if they initially believe it was a mechanical fault, or design flaw yet unknown. Although I favor the judges ruling.

Other countries are out there drilling, are you all aware of this? Even if we keep American based rigs/rig workers from going out there and drilling, there will still be almost a dozen countries operating rigs in the same area.

Actually, a lot of experts have stated that BP was using an unsafe drilling technique for that depth in order to cut costs. While the technique they were using is usually successful, it is also more susceptible to events that happened.
The Western world's dilemma: jobs, jobs, jobs, the creation of more and more weatlh as over against and opposed to ecological wisdom: we won't make it seven generations... Iriquois creed: think of the next seven generations before you act.... American creed: think of the next seven billion dollars as you act.
thecavemaster Wrote:The Western world's dilemma: jobs, jobs, jobs, the creation of more and more weatlh as over against and opposed to ecological wisdom: we won't make it seven generations... Iriquois creed: think of the next seven generations before you act.... American creed: think of the next seven billion dollars as you act.

Do you ever even discuss topics, or are you always just going to use these ridiculous sayings to help cover up your ignorance on the subjects?

I would be willing to stop drilling for a short short period, if it meant we could get better regulations in place that require companies to drill relief wells, use proper drilling techniques, and have top of the line safety procedures and equipment in place.

However, there is no point in putting American workers out of a job when foreign entities are going to be out there drilling anyways. Our govt will just have to get off their collective rear ends and get these things in place quickly.
Beetle01 Wrote:Do you ever even discuss topics, or are you always just going to use these ridiculous sayings to help cover up your ignorance on the subjects?

I would be willing to stop drilling for a short short period, if it meant we could get better regulations in place that require companies to drill relief wells, use proper drilling techniques, and have top of the line safety procedures and equipment in place.

However, there is no point in putting American workers out of a job when foreign entities are going to be out there drilling anyways. Our govt will just have to get off their collective rear ends and get these things in place quickly.

I agree. I hate off shore drilling. I think it is a necessary evil. However I do not want to see it haulted without a replacement. A replacement that can be done for the same wage in the same locations by the same people. It is inconsiderate to the people of the region to take away their jobs and damage their economy. They are already hit hard enough.
Beetle01 Wrote:Do you ever even discuss topics, or are you always just going to use these ridiculous sayings to help cover up your ignorance on the subjects?

Simply because you lack insight does not mean something is ridiculous or ignorant, though that is a common Flirtie strategy. The interconnection of corporate power, money, policy makers compromises regulatory effectiveness. Of course, this is nothing new in Big Energy/Big Transportation (natural gas wells, railroads, etc.)