Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Co. Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cobb been gone for a while now. Have they named a new head coach? Whose on the staff that the players are practicing with?
Is it going to be Tom Searcy
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Is it going to be Tom Searcy
Already been announced. Tom Searcy is the man.
Any news on Searcy? Background? Prior coaching jobs? Offensive/Defensive philosophy?
Searcy? Really...he has been out of the game for a long time...at least I haven't heard his name in a long time associated with football. He will do a great job at Knott County...the problem is...how long will he stay. He has to be in his late 50's early 60's. Anyone?
If true, Congrats Searcy. I respect this choice and guy but I dont like the desicion. I think it just makes Knott go back a few steps besides going forward with the program. Searcy coached at Perry Central and I bet he didnt win 10 games total in bout 5 or 6 years. I'm not doging the guy but I hope to see KCC back on the winning track and if true, Im going to behind him. I just think there was a much better choice out there. Good Luck KCC!! I want to see KCC win on the football field not just the basketball court!
MVP2 Wrote:If true, Congrats Searcy. I respect this choice and guy but I dont like the desicion. I think it just makes Knott go back a few steps besides going forward with the program. Searcy coached at Perry Central and I bet he didnt win 10 games total in bout 5 or 6 years. I'm not doging the guy but I hope to see KCC back on the winning track and if true, Im going to behind him. I just think there was a much better choice out there. Good Luck KCC!! I want to see KCC win on the football field not just the basketball court!
It's true. Wymt announced it one evening last week.
He went 5-5 in 2000 at PCC and took them to the then 4A state playoffs twice. The same feat (if not better because of 4a) as any other coach in PCC's history. Bert had a 7-3 year the first year they were re aligned to 3a.
His offensive strategy then......spread and air it out.
His first head coaching job in the mountains was at Whitesburg. He coached 1988-1990 and had three successful years as coach. He later spent a few years at Shelby Valley before going to Perry Central. His Whitesburg teams were loaded with talent.
Congrats to Searcy and good luck to him at Knott Central.
Congrats Coach Searcy And Best Of Luck To Him And The Pats In The 2010 Season!
Im excited for the upcoming season. Interested to see how things turn out.
I had heard that former-HC Cobb was also going to bring Aaron Stepp with him to Knott.

Does anyone know if Searcy will have Stepp on staff?
Don't believe that will happen. Our football program will be fine and congrad's to coach!
Lol
Don't know about this one.
Good luck
what kind recored are they going to have?
Tom has been out of the game for a few years, he's been Assist. Baseball Coach at Hazard for the last 3 or 4 years.
Will he have any young talent to build with?
Knott has 47 players out as of right now.
Good numbers. Not familiar with Knott numbers over the past few years but I would imagine this is a good turnout.
They have a pretty hard schedule and may win 1-3 games depending on an upset or two.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=32467
Dungy Wrote:Any news on Searcy? Background? Prior coaching jobs? Offensive/Defensive philosophy?

He used to coach PCC. He was the first coach at PCC to beat Hazard and take them to the playoffs. That was when PCC was in with the Lex. school. I don't know were he coach at before the PCC job.
Coach Searcy came to Whitesburg High School in 1988 and lead them to a district title during the time they only took the top 2 teams. He was mainly an I Formation then. After 3 seasons at Whitesburg, he went to Shelby Valley High School and was coach there for several seasons (not sure how many) this is were he brought in Jay Cobb, from Webster County, but 100% sure. He ran more of a pass attack there; what would be considered the spread today. He then went to PCC from Shelby Valley and ran mainly the shotgun spread for the most part.
Good luck to Searcy and the Pats!