Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Census Costs Skyrocket 325% Versus 2000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Except for the bungling of the handling of the Gulf oil spill, perhaps nothing illustrates the incompetence of the Obama regime better than the 2010 census. I ask that the liberals reading this at least read the numbers below before (predictably) springing to Obama's defense.

[INDENT]
Quote:Census Costs Skyrocket 325% Versus 2000

Last week in speech at the K. Neal International Trucks Plant in Maryland, President Obama trumpeted the May Unemployment Numbers. "The economy added 431,000 jobs. Now this is the fifth month in a row we've seen jobs grow. - This report is a sign that our economy is getting stronger by the day" the president said.

Well let's dig a little deeper into this 431,000 jobs. Only 41,000 of these jobs were in the private sector and 390,000 of these jobs are temporary census workers bringing the total to 550,000 census workers (an estimated 1.4 million temporary workers will be hired in total). To put that in perspective, that is one census worker for every 560 people in America.

I find it hard to believe that it takes that many people to conduct the census. How does that compare to other sectors that actually contribute to the economy?

Census = 550,000 Workers
Airline workers = 456,000 Workers
Electronics & Appliance Store = 480,000 Workers
Oil & Gas = 165,000 Workers
Rail = 216,000 Workers
Utility = 557,000 Workers
Source - Bureau of Labor & Statistics & iMarketNews.com
[/INDENT]
Now, let's see, census workers get mileage. Let's compare gas prices to 2000, shall we? As gas prices rise, so do all other transported commodities (paper, paper clips, (you name it))... however, let's not mention that, eh Hoot, as that doesn't serve your hack purposes. Frankly, I don't know if the 2010 Census could have been somewhat more efficiently carried out; however, my guess is that counting hundreds of million of people scattered abroad in a country this large is no light undertaking, unless of course it needs to be for purposes of right wing debating points.
thecavemaster Wrote:Now, let's see, census workers get mileage. Let's compare gas prices to 2000, shall we? As gas prices rise, so do all other transported commodities (paper, paper clips, (you name it))... however, let's not mention that, eh Hoot, as that doesn't serve your hack purposes. Frankly, I don't know if the 2010 Census could have been somewhat more efficiently carried out; however, my guess is that counting hundreds of million of people scattered abroad in a country this large is no light undertaking, unless of course it needs to be for purposes of right wing debating points.
:lmao: I am (almost) speechless to see somebody actually try to defend the hiring of one census worker for every 560 American men, women, and children in this country. Maybe the Obama regime needs so many census workers because they are counting Democrats more than once. You know, a simple adaptation of the Chicago vote counting methodology.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::lmao: I am (almost) speechless to see somebody actually try to defend the hiring of one census worker for every 560 American men, women, and children in this country. Maybe the Obama regime needs so many census workers because they are counting Democrats more than once. You know, a simple adaptation of the Chicago vote counting methodology.

Were you to lie down, mouth open, tongue out, well, maybe that explains all the crap that spouts out...garbage in/ garbage out. If, and I say if, the policy of this administration was to pad the job numbers with census workers, hoping it would slip by the notice of the media, then, by all means, castigate them... heck, impeach them for stupidity. Of course, this is not the case, except in the hackster mind of the Flirties.
thecavemaster Wrote:Now, let's see, census workers get mileage. Let's compare gas prices to 2000, shall we? As gas prices rise, so do all other transported commodities (paper, paper clips, (you name it))... however, let's not mention that, eh Hoot, as that doesn't serve your hack purposes. Frankly, I don't know if the 2010 Census could have been somewhat more efficiently carried out; however, my guess is that counting hundreds of million of people scattered abroad in a country this large is no light undertaking, unless of course it needs to be for purposes of right wing debating points.

The 2000 census cost 4.5 billion dollars or $15.99 per person. The 2010 census is estimated to cost 14.5 billion dollars or $46.93 per person.

http://www.genealogybranches.com/censuscosts.html
Old School Wrote:The 2000 census cost 4.5 billion dollars or $15.99 per person. The 2010 census is estimated to cost 14.5 billion dollars or $46.93 per person.

http://www.genealogybranches.com/censuscosts.html
Obama and the Democrats have no intention of passing a budget (as required by law) until after the election - so I think it is safe to assume that the cost of the 2010 census will be far more than the regime's current estimate.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Except for the bungling of the handling of the Gulf oil spill, perhaps nothing illustrates the incompetence of the Obama regime better than the 2010 census. I ask that the liberals reading this at least read the numbers below before (predictably) springing to Obama's defense.

[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
You are laughable. You live very close to the ocean, why not make a trip down and blame Obama to all the fishermen in MS. You appear to be kin to the guys from "Mississippi burning"', you know, the ones that did the killing.
TheRealVille Wrote:You are laughable. You live very close to the ocean, why not make a trip down and blame Obama to all the fishermen in MS.
Don't worry. The fishermen and others who have been put out of work, not by the spill itself, but by Obama's indecisiveness and his refusal to waive the Jones Act early in the crisis, know who to blame without my help. Obama's poll numbers reached a new low yesterday - probably just a coincidence. :biggrin: