Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region top 10 teams as of 12/31/05
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the new year approaching us, I figured I'd wrap up the top 10 teams in the 15th region so far...

Team Overall Region

1. Paintsville - (9-3) (3-1) : Paintsville has really come on as of late. They have a lot of potential and beat some quality teams in the tournament they hosted. They are going to be tough to beat.

2. Belfry - (6-3) (2-0) : Belfry is a dangerous team that has been under the radar. They've had some quality wins over some good teams. They also won the Mtn. Schoolboy Classic. They are well-coached and deserve the #2 spot.

3. Pike Central - (7-4) (5-0): No one ever predicted Pike Central to be one of the top teams in the region this year. They've played well as of late and they are 5-0 in the region with wins over Sheldon Clark, AC, Phelps, East Ridge, and BL. They have a solid player in Brad Lowe and can compete with any team in the 15th on any given night.

4. South Floyd - (6-7) (2-0): I think South Floyd has as much potential as any team in the 15th. They have all the tools and have a terrific frontcourt. Their is no substitute for good guardplay. If this team remains to play consistant, they have a great shot at representing the 15th region come March....

5. Sheldon Clark - (5-6) (2-2): This is another team that has played pretty well. I think they have the best player in the region in Brandon May and will compete to come out of the 57th.

6. Johnson Central - (7-5) (2-2): Johnson Central hasn't really played up to their expectations thus far. They have wins over BL and Lawrence Co, but on the otherhand, they've been beaten by South Floyd and Sheldon Clark. They are a better team than they have shown overall.

7. Betsy Layne - (3-6) (3-3): Betsy Layne has some quality district wins against P-Burg and AC, but their key matchup is Jan. 6 against South Floyd. They've dropped 3 consecutive games, but maybe the David game will boost their confidence going into Hi Hat....

8. Prestonsburg - (3-4) (2-2): P-Burg is another team that hasn't played to their capabilities. They are a better team than they have shown so far. In the past, P-Burg teams play well come tournament time and I think it's only a matter of time before they pick up the slack.

9. East Ridge - (5-4) (2-2): ER has been beaten by both Pike Central and Belfry and really the only quality win they've had so far is the Lawrence Co. win. I think they're in a rebuilding year along with SV in their district....

10. Lawrence Co. - (3-8) (2-3): They started out with a win over the top team in the 15th, Paintsville, but has since faltered out. This is another team that has been inconsistant. On ther otherhand, they are one of the darkhorses in the region and have proved it.....

Several of the teams could be interchangeable....This region is such a toss-up, it's hard to pick the actual top 10. However, going by the standings, this is how I would have the teams ranked over the course of the season so far....thoughts??
Looks like you've put together a good ratings for the year so far Bomber. Better than Litghtenthehouseup for the Courier Journal.
I would put SF at the 2 spot, I know they don't have a great record and all, but after seeing them play in the Hoops Classic they are tough. Look at it this way, they are 4 seconds and 2 points away from possibly playing in the championship last night. Then I would put Belfry at 3 and PC at 4.
Looks pretty good......who would have thought that a 8-17 Belfry team from 2 years ago would be a Regional favorite again ? Randy Casey has resurrected the Belfry program and they have already opened a few eyes so far in this young season. Destroying 15th Region favorite East Ridge was by far Belfry's biggest win to date.
Paintsville is starting to play like everyone thought they would. This team will be very tough at the end of the year. They are ****her along than what I thought they would be. If PHS starts playing smarter, then it will be lights out for the rest of the region.
looks good bomber....the best i've seen so far
Looks good to me as well.
Looks good to me...I think that Paintsville and Belfry have proven to be the top 2 teams in the region so far.
Good list
Looks good, if I did anything I would switch SC and SF.
Quote:Looks good, if I did anything I would switch SC and SF.

y would u do that blackcat?????
Looks good to me Bomber....
"Barney_fife" Wrote:y would u do that blackcat?????

I just think that Sheldon Clark is the better team.
Looks good to me...
Yes, that looks like a great list to me.
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Destroying 15th Region favorite East Ridge was by far Belfry's biggest win to date.

Who ever thought that East Ridge was a region favorite??
looks good 2 me
I agree
"JKWON33" Wrote:Who ever thought that East Ridge was a region favorite??

I was wondering that same thing.....
1belfy
2south floyd
2paintsville
3pikecentral
4johnson central
5sheldon clark
6magoffin co.
7betsy layne
8eastridge
9prestonsburg
10allen central
I hvae seen Paintsville an Belfry both play about the same amount of games, an at this point Belfry would beat Paintsville, Paintsville doesnt have the speed or strength to play 4 periods with Belfry...
i agree chicken wing good list
"chicken wing" Wrote:1belfy
2south floyd
2paintsville
3pikecentral
4johnson central
5sheldon clark
6magoffin co.
7betsy layne
8eastridge
9prestonsburg
10allen central
agree except for Allen central i think lawrence county has the 10 spot
Paintsville definately has to be number one
can nnot wait and see the one after this weeks big district games and the coke-cola
Paintsville is probably gonna be the favorite on here, however I believe the best team has to be Belfry. Both have great guards but Belfry would roll in this one.
"chicken wing" Wrote:1belfy
2south floyd
2paintsville
3pikecentral
4johnson central
5sheldon clark
6magoffin co.
7betsy layne
8eastridge
9prestonsburg
10allen central

Nice list but Lawrence County should be 9 and prestonsburg 10. I agree with you haveing SF and Belfry over Painstville, they both could beat them! Belfry and SF have to good of guards, all Painstville has is Slone.
I agree
ac should b top 5
"Bo Duke" Wrote:ac should b top 5

With what AC has done this year, they're close to the bottom of the region this year.
Pages: 1 2