Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Take the politics out of it and play your best players
Well said Southern Pride. Politics play a bigger part in some programs than what most people realize.
I will not mention any names
But I know a coach that would rather lose than play her better players
You aren't telling me anything that I don't know. I know a coach that DID lose because he wouldn't play his best players. Cost the team, players and the parents a lot of distress because he would only play certain players and not the best ones.
Makes a person wonder how many other girls out there are getting unrecognized because they are good players.
Who we talking about here?
No names I have just seen this happen so much
It makes me sick
the dark wizard Wrote:Who we talking about here?
We are clearly talking about 2 different coaches that do not play their best players. It is a real shame too. It hurts the good players and it could ruin their potential career if they are capable of playing the on next level.
This happens in alot of places and it is shameful.
Southern Pride Wrote:No names I have just seen this happen so much
It makes me sick
It is very sickening. I really don't know how adults can do that stuff to kids.
They are just there for what money they are getting
and they could care less about the kids
Guys(or gals) you need to be more specific because this vague talk sounds like you might be a bunch of biased crybaby parents because you thought daughter "Sally" was a better ball player then she actually was. Any coach that really does play politics usually will not be successful and stay in coaching very long. On the other hand, there has probably not been any coach in the state of Kentucky who has not been accused of this. Much of this evolves around a disease called IPS(Ignorant Parent Syndrome).
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Guys(or gals) you need to be more specific because this vague talk sounds like you might be a bunch of biased crybaby parents because you thought daughter "Sally" was a better ball player then she actually was. Any coach that really does play politics usually will not be successful and stay in coaching very long. On the other hand, there has probably not been any coach in the state of Kentucky who has not been accused of this. Much of this evolves around a disease called IPS(Ignorant Parent Syndrome).

:Thumbs:names/schools please:popcorn:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Guys(or gals) you need to be more specific because this vague talk sounds like you might be a bunch of biased crybaby parents because you thought daughter "Sally" was a better ball player then she actually was. Any coach that really does play politics usually will not be successful and stay in coaching very long. On the other hand, there has probably not been any coach in the state of Kentucky who has not been accused of this. Much of this evolves around a disease called IPS(Ignorant Parent Syndrome).

:worthy: Well Said
Lucky7 Wrote::worthy: Well Said
Sorry you feel this way. What you don't understand is that some schools are not expected to win district or even region. Therefore certain players are played over others because there isn't any pressure on coaches to play there best.
Also by naming coaches and players can make it worse on the players. This is my last post in this thread so just try to understand some people have to talk about it in this way because there may not be any other way to talk about it.
For U Wrote:Sorry you feel this way. What you don't understand is that some schools are not expected to win district or even region. Therefore certain players are played over others because there isn't any pressure on coaches to play there best.
Also by naming coaches and players can make it worse on the players. This is my last post in this thread so just try to understand some people have to talk about it in this way because there may not be any other way to talk about it.

Then you shouldn't be on here running your mouth about this.