Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Basketball in trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GC is canceling the rest of the summer games due to a lack of paritcipation from the players. Im told that the players are showing up when they want, leaving when they want, doing what they want. The new superintendet may have to step in and do something.
Why is this?
After talking to some folks around the community, some have said that there are more than coaching reasons to blame. Some are having football crossover. Some just want the summer off. Others are disgruntled with not only the head coach but the gentleman from across the river who has been doing most of the coaching from what I've heard. All I can say is why can't we all just get along? I suppose I don't understand why this group wouldn't want to all get on the same page and try to be as good as they have been built up to be. If nothing else, at least my expectations are as low as they possibly could be for this outfit, so anything positive from here to next March would be a surprise.
Doesn't suprise me at all, what can one expect when it takes four months to hire a head coach?
goodguy Wrote:Doesn't suprise me at all, what can one expect when it takes four months to hire a head coach?

And then you fumble the ball in the process.:flush:

Dunaway has broad shoulders and I'm sure he can take the heat:devilflamwhich he certainly deserves.:ChairHit:
Greenup County High School has to be the worst basketball coaching situation in Kentucky.
I heard the Troxler kid left Raceland and is back at Greenup! They cleared Barr I guess kids are just jumping around from school to school and getting by with it. I can't really see how anyone would want to play any kind of ball at Greenup or go to school there! What a screwed up school.
I meant Jackson not Troxler, It really doesn't matter. You have to blame the parents for letting these spoiled kids get by with it, AND THE STATE!
Troxler transfered back also.
They both found out that you actually have to work for what you get at Raceland.
^^ And you can't just show up when you "feel like it"...
Ram Fan04 Wrote:^^ And you can't just show up when you "feel like it"...

Well he is in the right place now. You come and go as you please at GC now :Thumbs:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:They both found out that you actually have to work for what you get at Raceland.

What do you mean they "both" found out? I believe Jackson started at Raceland for the basketball team. He didnt play any other sports. So get him outta the picture. You're just trying to stir up more trouble. Troxler, yes he did think he could go up to Raceland to be the star and realized that wasnt as easy as he thought.
So is jackson eligible at GC?
Last I heard, no he is not.
Jackson hasnt enrolled to GC yet.
With Darius the Muskies could be quite the show on the floor. With his dad added to the other parents the best show however could be in the stands. GC will have to have added security to the games LOL. A pier 6er could break out at any time.
I hope its not true but a little bird told me that the Iceman has been having Coach Nickel over to the plant for coaching lessons.
jakelegg Wrote:with darius the muskies could be quite the show on the floor. With his dad added to the other parents the best show however could be in the stands. Gc will have to have added security to the games lol. A pier 6er could break out at any time.
I hope its not true but a little bird told me that the iceman has been having coach nickel over to the plant for coaching lessons.
lol
I only wish I were kidding. Saw the icehouse thing with my own eyes.
Wow.. Even I wouldn't have crossed that line..