Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will win the 59th district on 2011?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will Shelby Valley repeat?
NO
Yeah no..Im leaning towards East Ridge myself.
It will be between ER and Pikeville but in the end I believe it will be Pikeville because of how deep they will be this coming year.
Deep? Bart does not use his bench. Bart will get outcoached again.
Greg Newsome would not have taken the job if he did not think he could win.
if you all predicting valley wont be in the region your dead wrong. Valley will win the district. I can promise you one thing that jake and wes dont want any part of brett reynolds. They might be bigger than him but he plays alot stronger than they do. Hes gonna help valley ALOT!
hey, this Valley team thats playing next year, Played all last season against the best team in the state. And held their own. This team plus, Greg as the big cat, plus Virgie, plus Dorton, plus some new faces, one playing now" the kid from paintsville". And the knew kid waiting til fall getting to know his surroundings. This team will be in Lexington late next Winter . MARK-IT-DOWN.............
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:hey, this Valley team thats playing next year, Played all last season against the best team in the state. And held their own. This team plus, Greg as the big cat, plus Virgie, plus Dorton, plus some new faces, one playing now" the kid from paintsville". And the knew kid waiting til fall getting to know his surroundings. This team will be in Lexington late next Winter . MARK-IT-DOWN.............

You make a good point, and I'm going to let you finish but East Ridge is also gaining new players. Cameron Justice for one... But if your interested I'll take your bet. Valley loses in Region.
fred taylor Wrote:Deep? Bart does not use his bench. Bart will get outcoached again.

I think Pikeville will win the 59th next season. Pikeville will have a good bench. Outcoached?? I think he has gotten the most out of his talent for the past several years. Now that SV will be back to normal look for the Panthers to start a run of their own. However, Fred...you won't be around to see it as Little Fred will be off to college. He had a great 3-sport career at PHS. LOL!!!
Real Badman Wrote:You make a good point, and I'm going to let you finish but East Ridge is also gaining new players. Cameron Justice for one... But if your interested I'll take your bet. Valley loses in Region.

if Camy J goes to the ridge.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:hey, this Valley team thats playing next year, Played all last season against the best team in the state. And held their own. This team plus, Greg as the big cat, plus Virgie, plus Dorton, plus some new faces, one playing now" the kid from paintsville". And the knew kid waiting til fall getting to know his surroundings. This team will be in Lexington late next Winter . MARK-IT-DOWN.............

Who is the new kid getting to kno the surroundings better?
Yes, they'll repeat.
Wait and see
Real Badman Wrote:Yeah no..Im leaning towards East Ridge myself.

Disagree... I see East Ridge as third best in the district right now.

Personally, I think Pikeville has the most returning talent of the three 59th schools. I think an unbiased observer would have to consider them the front-runner to win district. I would place both SV and ER a notch behind the Panthers, with a slight edge going to Valley.

All in all, it will be unusual to see the district (and the region, for that matter) being this wide open. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.
More Cowbell Wrote:Disagree... I see East Ridge as third best in the district right now.

Personally, I think Pikeville has the most returning talent of the three 59th schools. I think an unbiased observer would have to consider them the front-runner to win district. I would place both SV and ER a notch behind the Panthers, with a slight edge going to Valley.

All in all, it will be unusual to see the district (and the region, for that matter) being this wide open. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.
east ridge third maybe. But tied with pikeville. Pikeville having the most talent NOT. Hay Valley had their last years seniors on the bench after a 20 point lead against Pike and the Ridge both in the first Quarter .Remember they didn't even play a complete game those seniors. Next years team at the Valley handle both those teams with the seniors on the bench hands down.
alright east ridges jv beat valleys jv at east ridge last season and only lost by five at valley i think ur wrong!! valley will not win more than 10 games next year and will not make it to the region
More Cowbell Wrote:Disagree... I see East Ridge as third best in the district right now.

No it's fine, you always disagree with my opinions and end up telling me how Shelby Valley is better. I'm used to it now.
I see it for East Ridge and Pikeville in the championship
E.ridge Wrote:alright east ridges jv beat valleys jv at east ridge last season and only lost by five at valley i think ur wrong!! valley will not win more than 10 games next year and will not make it to the region
ok your an idiot, valley will make region and possibly win it. i see 20+ wins for valley. i also think valley could possibly go unbeaten in district play.
YouCantGuardMe Wrote:ok your an idiot, valley will make region and possibly win it. i see 20+ wins for valley. i also think valley could possibly go unbeaten in district play.

You make a good point and all, and imma let you finish, butttttt........You have no right to disrespect that person for voicing his opinion. You have no idea how many games Valley will win. for all you know Valley might not even win a game.
Cover3 Wrote:I think Pikeville will win the 59th next season. Pikeville will have a good bench. Outcoached?? I think he has gotten the most out of his talent for the past several years. Now that SV will be back to normal look for the Panthers to start a run of their own. However, Fred...you won't be around to see it as Little Fred will be off to college. He had a great 3-sport career at PHS. LOL!!!

I assume you are a coach on the staff, if so this was a low blow and shows your true "CHARACTER" or lack thereof. Fact is, if the Staff had not dismantled the team that was built for them they might have won region. This years Sr. and Jr. class both won county Championships in Jr. High. The sad part is only Wes, Lane, Taylor and Noah are left from those teams. Not so sure they will all return either. Your Senior class was county Runners Up but you have no talent. Your talent gets run off every single year before they make it too their Junior years.

THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE NO TALENT. Either that or you cant develop them past eigth grade, your call.
Real Badman Wrote:No it's fine, you always disagree with my opinions and end up telling me how Shelby Valley is better. I'm used to it now.

What are you talking about? I certainly don't get onto these threads with the intention of disagreeing with your opinions. I read your post, happened to have a different take on things, and replied. Happens all the time on BGR.

However, I will say if you have gotten on here during the last 4 years trying to argue that East Ridge was the better basketball team than SV, then I probably did disagree with you (and with good reason). The simple fact is that SV was better. That may change this year, as I do think SV and ER are very evenly matched.

By the way, please notice that I was simply disagreeing with your pick of ER to win district. But I actually predicted Pikeville would win it instead, not Shelby Valley. No homerism here.
ER should do fine
More Cowbell Wrote:What are you talking about? I certainly don't get onto these threads with the intention of disagreeing with your opinions. I read your post, happened to have a different take on things, and replied. Happens all the time on BGR.

However, I will say if you have gotten on here during the last 4 years trying to argue that East Ridge was the better basketball team than SV, then I probably did disagree with you (and with good reason). The simple fact is that SV was better. That may change this year, as I do think SV and ER are very evenly matched.

By the way, please notice that I was simply disagreeing with your pick of ER to win district. But I actually predicted Pikeville would win it instead, not Shelby Valley. No homerism here.

I long awaited you to reply to that. Not trying to get into anything here, just it seem out of the 5 years I've been here you've only singled me out while replying to such threads. Now I think this will be the end of this.
Real Badman Wrote:I long awaited you to reply to that. Not trying to get into anything here, just it seem out of the 5 years I've been here you've only singled me out while replying to such threads. Now I think this will be the end of this.

Still not sure what you mean by your last comment (will be the end of what???), but ok. Trust me, I have not once intentionally singled you out to reply to on here before.

But I will again point out that if you have made posts during the last 3-4 years in which you claimed that ER was a better team than SV, then I'm sure I did disagree with you. Although I'm sure I wouldn't have been the only one. To be frank, ER wasn't even in the same ballpark as SV during this time, and the games were rarely competitive.

Again, not singling you out. You stated your opinion (ER will win district), I disagreed (feel Pikeville will win instead), and that's that. Nothing more to it.
i bet it'll be between ER, Pikeville, and Valley...lol
So you guys from East Ridge believe that Shelby Valley is going from State Championship, to not even making the region. lol....has that ever even been done? Has a team ever won state, and not make it outa district the next season?
The Iceboxx Wrote:So you guys from East Ridge believe that Shelby Valley is going from State Championship, to not even making the region. lol....has that ever even been done? Has a team ever won state, and not make it outa district the next season?

i doubt it....i really do
er wins 59th end of story
Pages: 1 2 3