Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region 2010-2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
List your top 10 teams and top 10 players in the 14th Region for 2010-2011.
1. Perry Central, with Rankin and Back, the addition of Bowen and Noble, they are far and above everyone in the 14th.
. A very distant 2nd
2. Letcher Central
3. Knott Central
None of the rest even matter, can't compete with these 3.

4. Leslie
5. Breathitt
6. Powell
7. Wolfe
8. Estill
9. Owsley
10. Hazard
Leslie is undefeated in summer league play.. Including a win last week over Letcher..

They're really clicking with the new coaching staff...
1) Perry Central, since the transfers came in
2) Letcher Central
3) Knott Central
4) Leslie
5) Estill
6) Hazard
7) Breathitt
8) Powell
9. Wolfe
10. Owsley
1. PCC
2. LCC
3. KCC
4. Leslie (finally a school that doesnt end in CC)
5. Hazard
6. Owsley
7. Powell
8. Breathitt
9. Estill
10. Lee

Players
1. Noble PCC
2. Moore Leslie
3. Eldridge LCC
4. Wright Owsley
5. Rankin PCC
6. Back PCC
Does anything think there might be a conflict between Back and Noble at PCC?
Actually these young ladies have been playing well together from what I have heard. They are both hard workers and like to win. I think they will be a great combo, with all the other great girls there.
KyGurl Wrote:Does anything think there might be a conflict between Back and Noble at PCC?

I spoke with a respected man in the girls basketball community in our state at the Transy's camp. He seemed to believe that PCC could be the 2nd best team in the state and very close to the number 1 spot that is held by Marion County.
Lucky7 Wrote:I spoke with a respected man in the girls basketball community in our state at the Transy's camp. He seemed to believe that PCC could be the 2nd best team in the state and very close to the number 1 spot that is held by Marion County.

They beat Dunbar by like 25 & Lexington Catholic by 36, so they could be the best team in the state next season.
They should, they are an all-star team.
But can the 14th compete with the 11th and 12th and 7th Regions?
Bluemoon Wrote:But can the 14th compete with the 11th and 12th and 7th Regions?

NO!
Yes they can play with the 11th, 12th, and 7th regions. They beat some teams this summer from those regions.
Perry Central will be the best in the 14th by a mile. But the Louisville and Lexington areas are usually the measuring sticks for how teams rank on the totem pole of elite state teams.

Summer games mean very little in that regard. Teams don't always have their full squads with them, and even if if they do coaches are experimenting with different lineups and strategies during summer play. Teams that beat others by 20 in June or July may lose to the same team by 30 in February or March when it really counts.
DuPont Manual will destroy them if they play. You're talking about kids that go to St. Johns, and get recruited by Louisville and bigtime D1 teams. Make no mistake about it...that's a different breed of athlete down there.
Well first of all I don't consider any kids or people from louisville or Lexington being any better than our kids through academics or athletics. Some people just can't stand to see teams from eastern Kentucky improve and do well. Shameful but everyone has opinions.
St. John's...pick a better big East team than that for comparison's sake.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:1. Perry Central, with Rankin and Back, the addition of Bowen and Noble, they are far and above everyone in the 14th.
. A very distant 2nd
2. Letcher Central
3. Knott Central
None of the rest even matter, can't compete with these 3.

4. Leslie
5. Breathitt
6. Powell
7. Wolfe
8. Estill
9. Owsley
10. Hazard
Owsley could be moved up some, because only lost turner and returning with a stong team who will be together for the next two years. they have no seniors this year
Quote:They should, they are an all-star team.

I agree!
Wouldn't it be nice if teams could compete with kids in their own districts. Ahh well, those days are only a dream.

I would venture to say Clay Co. from the 13th would present an obstacle for them.
UKisN1 Wrote:St. John's...pick a better big East team than that for comparison's sake.

A very good comparison when you consider that most of the mountain teams will end up with players at Pikeville College or Morehead State intramurals.
sunshine Wrote:Well first of all I don't consider any kids or people from louisville or Lexington being any better than our kids through academics or athletics. Some people just can't stand to see teams from eastern Kentucky improve and do well. Shameful but everyone has opinions.

Then you are indeed oblivious to basketball in the great state of Kentucky.
HD28 Wrote:A very good comparison when you consider that most of the mountain teams will end up with players at Pikeville College or Morehead State intramurals.
Of which they will get a better education.
HD28 Wrote:Then you are indeed oblivious to basketball in the great state of Kentucky.

No sir you must be. If im correct there is a gril from the MTNS over in Rockastle thats getting Recruited by UCONN. and last year in boys ball the state champs were from where? O yea thats right Shelby Valley... Hmmm i wonder where that is. O yea ITS IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!
Also im a PCC fan and yes they are the best Team hands down. However i think they are getting a little to much praise. I think things will be a little closer then what everyone thinks. Letcher has a great core group of girls who have played together for a long time. With the new girls at PCC no one knows how things will work out till the season starts. I hope PCC wins of course, shoot i pray they in state. But i think everyone should slow there praise till the season starts.
I really like both posts by Dores20.
dore20 Wrote:No sir you must be. If im correct there is a gril from the MTNS over in Rockastle thats getting Recruited by UCONN. and last year in boys ball the state champs were from where? O yea thats right Shelby Valley... Hmmm i wonder where that is. O yea ITS IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!

Exception rather than rule. And someone didn't like the St. John's comparison, so how about this...April Wilson from Manual just signed with Purdue. Year in and year out the Louisville powerhouses have a different breed of athlete, its that simple. Sara Hammond is a tremendous basketball player and should be Miss Basketball. She is a once in a lifetime player at RC; Dupont Manual has kids going to Big East and Big 10 schools quite regularly.
By the way, isn't Rockcastle County still in the 12th, rather than the 14th? I thought this thread was about the 14th...
PCC is loaded but it will probably take a year to really gel into a state title team IMO. Where as the team from Rockcastle, with 6 Seniors have been playing together for a long time. That is the only advantage I would give to the Rock over PCC.
HD28 Wrote:By the way, isn't Rockcastle County still in the 12th, rather than the 14th? I thought this thread was about the 14th...

I was speaking of MTN players and teams all together.
HD28 Wrote:Exception rather than rule. And someone didn't like the St. John's comparison, so how about this...April Wilson from Manual just signed with Purdue. Year in and year out the Louisville powerhouses have a different breed of athlete, its that simple. Sara Hammond is a tremendous basketball player and should be Miss Basketball. She is a once in a lifetime player at RC; Dupont Manual has kids going to Big East and Big 10 schools quite regularly.

There is a lot better examples to use from the Louisville area other then Manual.
Pages: 1 2