Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 50th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be the best team in the 50th District this year
I think it will be 1 Whitley, 2 Corbin, 3 South, 4 Williamsburg
Did South loose alot? Ive seen Corbin, Whitley, and Williamsburg all three play this summer. Corbin and Whitley are a prety close match with the Whitley having the upper hand by the slightest of margins. Williamsburg will have a rough season. Just dont know much about South to say whom i would pick out of the three.
Who is the top 7 players in this district
I don't know all seven.....but I know four of them.... 1.Hailey Smith 2. Shae Roaden 3. Kandace Craig 4. Leanna Moses
the dark wizard Wrote:Did South loose alot? Ive seen Corbin, Whitley, and Williamsburg all three play this summer. Corbin and Whitley are a prety close match with the Whitley having the upper hand by the slightest of margins. Williamsburg will have a rough season. Just dont know much about South to say whom i would pick out of the three.

I saw Corbin and Whitley play at the Union Camp. Whitley blew out a team that defeated Corbin easily. I don't understand your thinking....I don't believe these two teams are even close in comparison. Whitley will be strong this year barring any unforseen injuries.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I saw Corbin and Whitley play at the Union Camp. Whitley blew out a team that defeated Corbin easily. I don't understand your thinking....I don't believe these two teams are even close in comparison. Whitley will be strong this year barring any unforseen injuries.

Well if your throwing out summer matchups i will say this. Corbin beat South and Harlan Co. this summer.
Hey I saw on another post that there is a rumor the twins are leaving Corbin. Is this true? If so, what the heck happened? Where they going? Williamsburg?
The way I see it, Whitley and South will battle for the 50th district title while Corbin will be on the outside looking in and W'burg will have a rough year.
the dark wizard Wrote:Did South loose alot? Ive seen Corbin, Whitley, and Williamsburg all three play this summer. Corbin and Whitley are a prety close match with the Whitley having the upper hand by the slightest of margins. Williamsburg will have a rough season. Just dont know much about South to say whom i would pick out of the three.
yes sir..South did lose firepower to graduation but they will have 5 seniors & 3 juniors coming back so that has to make any team with that much playmaking and practice experience with one another pretty darn good. I do Like Whitley County they seem so very fast and a really good team IMO.
Also Corbin is well coached and hard to beat at home. everybody enjoyed the North & South laurel shoot outs last season..But North looks awesome and online to make some noise in the 13th region this year and on paper is supposed to sweep em..but being said Its still a rivalry and not played on paper but on the court & i believe South will not go down without a good fight and make a battle of it.. i've learned that matchup is a pretty big deal to some for bragging rights down on laurel lake..lol but of course also fun for us as basketball fans to simply sit back and take in a good game.