Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wizards will select John Wall with the #1 pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Washington Wizards will pick John Wall with their #1 pick, making Wall the first UK players selected #1 overall in the NBA draft.

Source

Wall also signed a $25 million agreement with Reebok.

Source
The worst kept secret in the NBA. Congrats on him and the Wizards for finally making it as close to official as possible without a contract.
Time to order me a new Wall Jersey
I wish someone other than Washington had the first pick.
Reebok? After all the nike gear he rocked at UK? First overall pick? I know its not important but I was waiting on the first john wall shoe to be awesome!
Well I kinda figured this but I was hoping my Sixers would get him..question now is, what is Washington gonna do with Gilbert? Move him to two guard or move him out of Washington?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well I kinda figured this but I was hoping my Sixers would get him..question now is, what is Washington gonna do with Gilbert? Move him to two guard or move him out of Washington?

I say let him play the 2 and let him move around more freely which is what I would do with him, But they will try to trade him of because they will not release him with him making 50 mill this season. If anything they will keep him around for another season before dumping him and sending him out of D.C.
csabo17 Wrote:Reebok? After all the nike gear he rocked at UK? First overall pick? I know its not important but I was waiting on the first john wall shoe to be awesome!

He would just be another guy in with a shoe at Nike,like Wade he doesn't have his own line he is in the Jordan collection. At reebok Wall will be the face of the company since Iverson retired they needed a fresh start and wall has given it to them.
CardinalAlum Wrote:He would just be another guy in with a shoe at Nike,like Wade he doesn't have his own line he is in the Jordan collection. At reebok Wall will be the face of the company since Iverson retired they needed a fresh start and wall has given it to them.

Iverson has some rockin shoes.
Wall will be Rookie of the year
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Iverson has some rockin shoes.

I sport the new Kevin Durant's Wink
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Wall will be Rookie of the year

Going out on a limb hunh?
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Wall will be Rookie of the year

Him or Cousins for sure.. And yes I am going out on a limb on that statement.
^ It's a pretty big stretch to choose the best players to be Rookie of the Year.

Hmm, I'm am going to really stratch my prognosticating skills here and say that either Kobe Bryant or Lebron James will be the NBA's MVP next year. Shocking pick I know, but I just have a gut feeling on this one!
Stardust Wrote:^ It's a pretty big stretch to choose the best players to be Rookie of the Year.

Hmm, I'm am going to really stratch my prognosticating skills here and say that either Kobe Bryant or Lebron James will be the NBA's MVP next year. Shocking pick I know, but I just have a gut feeling on this one!

Could be Carmelo, or even Durant!
Stardust Wrote:^ It's a pretty big stretch to choose the best players to be Rookie of the Year.

Yes maybe.. But we were talking about Rookie of the year, not MVP.
Horrible place for Wall to end up at.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Iverson has some rockin shoes.

T-Mac had some pretty great shoes.
John Wall is a good fit in Washington...

I believe him and Gilbert Arenas can play together and I think Wall can straighten out Arenas.
J-Rod Wrote:John Wall is a good fit in Washington...

I believe him and Gilbert Arenas can play together and I think Wall can straighten out Arenas.

I doubt that a rookie could change Arenas. Lets just hope its not the other way around.
J-Rod Wrote:John Wall is a good fit in Washington...

If it doesn't work out, Arenas will be traded quickly.